nantyglyn
Salmon
Salmon
2,939 Posts

Can't see the tutorial boxes

[Post New]by nantyglyn on Oct 6, 14 1:41 PM
In the beginning of the game there are orange tutorial boxes that appear, but they only stay on the screen for literally about a second, and I can't get to read what they say. I can see that one starts with "To get a Perfect Score..." or some words to that effect, but I can never see the rest of the tip. There are others, too, that go by so fast I can't read them. Is anyone else having this problem? Or can you tell me what the orange boxes are saying? Other than that, it looks like a fun game.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

Re:Can't see the tutorial boxes

[Post New]by JessF on Oct 6, 14 3:01 PM
Yes - I am having the same problem.

[Post New]by CrunchingKoalas on Oct 7, 14 6:01 AM
Hey there!

I'm one of the creators of the game and I just wanted to explain the meaning of orange boxes.

So the instructions that are displayed in these boxes are the same informations that are displayed in the main tutorial boxes in the game (the little TV monitors flying all over the levels).

You really don't have to read them to perform well in the game!

Cheers,
Tom

PS. I can post them here if you would like me to!

Sherry__Rose
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by Sherry__Rose on Oct 7, 14 5:44 PM
Hi Tom,

So nice that you dropped by! This is a great puzzle game, and I hope CrunchingKoalas (love the name and the sound effects) does well with it. Hope, too, that you make more puzzle games. They're so infrequent and such a treat! Right now I'm finishing up (I hope, though I'm stuck just now) on a really old game called Boulder Dash-Pirate's Curse. This game is based on the 25+ year old Boulder Dash games, apparently. It would be awesome if your company put out a sequel to it.

And, yes, it would be very kind of you to post those tutorials we're missing here. Thanks for offering.

Sherry in Oregon

[Post New]by CrunchingKoalas on Oct 8, 14 9:47 PM
Sherry__Rose wrote:And, yes, it would be very kind of you to post those tutorials we're missing here. Thanks for offering.

Sherry in Oregon

Hey Sherry,

Here's the list of tips presented in the "orange box":

- "Dismiss tutorial screens by pressing the Right Mouse Button above them or disable all of them in the Options menu."

- "Speed up the game by pressing "E" key or the fast-forward button placed in the lower right corner of the screen."

- "The Undo option is unlimited - use it if you make a mistake. Use it by pressing "Backspace" or pressing the button placed in the ower left corner of the screen."

- "You can advance to the next level if you led at least 1 mouse to the cheese. Just press the "next button" when it appears on the right side of the screen."

- "Check out the Rewards menu in you spare time. You can check your Trophies status and your gameplay Stats. You can also watch all the unlocked videos!"

- "To receive a Perfect score, lead all the mice to the cheese and collect all the Anima Shards placed on the level."

Have fun!
Crunching Koalas

Edited on 10/08/2014 at 9:47:51 PM PST

Go to: