Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

Reset Buttons

[Post New]by Syndalee on Oct 6, 14 6:18 PM
Why do developers not include reset buttons on mini-games? Is it that hard to write code for?

Re:Reset Buttons

[Post New]by thwartme on Oct 12, 14 6:11 PM
I agree! Especially when the Strategy Guide solution relies on you starting from a set point.

Case in point, the spinning circle puzzle in the pond in the greenhouse. I tried for a while, but I was having trouble figuring out what some of the images were supposed to be, which it made it extra hard to determine in which of the four 'environments' they should go. Finally gave up and went to look at the Strategy Guide, and it says "Solution: 1, 5, 3, 3, 5, 4... etc etc" but this solution no longer works, because I've moved some of the pieces.

If there was a reset, the Strategy Guide solution would work. Without a reset, the strategy guide is a waste of money.

Thanks,
thwartme

tetrouge
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:Reset Buttons

[Post New]by tetrouge on Oct 14, 14 12:10 PM
I hardly ever go to SG for puzzles,but have had to "several" times in this game only to find out as you did, no reset!! I never skip a puzzle but have already skipped 3 in this one. Very, Very, Very frustrating! Once again, looks like BFG didn't do their homework. Sorry I purchased this one!!

SoggySox
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Reset Buttons

[Post New]by SoggySox on Nov 4, 14 10:21 AM
Syndalee wrote:Why do developers not include reset buttons on mini-games? Is it that hard to write code for?

I'm with you Syndalee. I think I will start trying games instead of purchasing them. If I find the puzzles don't have a reset button I will not be buying the game. I hope this is a wake up call to the developers.

Go to: