BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

Talk with the developers of Queen's Quest: Tower of Darkness here!

[Post New]by BorisDr on Oct 7, 14 1:41 AM
Hello everyone!
My name is Boris and I'm a producer and lead designer in Brave Giant Games - the developer behind Queen's Quest: Tower of Darkness as well as Demon Hunter: Chronicles from beyond.
This is our second game, and we would like to make tradition to talk with you on this forum. I would like to hear from you what do you like in our game more and what do you like less, I hope that we will have chance to hear some great suggestions from you how to improve on our upcoming game. We put a lot effort to make this game much better then our previous game.

Keep your comments coming - I'll stay around the forum and try to catch up with everyone!

Best,
Boris
Brave Giant Games

Edited on 07/16/2015 at 12:00:58 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re: Talk with the developers of Queen's Quest: Tower of Darkness here!

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 7, 14 2:23 AM
Hi Boris...

Are you German? I am asking because when I added the Ballerina to the music box, it played the East German Sandmännchen melody, although I prefer the West German one.

Unfortunately, I don't care for real images. Also, I would have preferred less fill time for the Hint and Skip buttons, and even a "custom" difficulty mode. The graphics look like those of an older game, and the cursor was dragging a little - I used the white rectangle - don't know why the normal system cursor can't be used instead.

This is a really nice game, and I am sure that lots of gamers will love it. It just wasn't for me.

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Oct 7, 14 2:58 AM
Hi Valdy,

Thank you very much on your post, much appreciated.
In our next game we will add another level of difficulty and definitely reduce time for the hint on normal level.
If you have more suggestion please tell me I will be more then happy to hear it.
You could check our first game maybe it will be more interesting to you. .
And no I am not German we just love nice music :-)

Best regards
Boris

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 7, 14 2:59 AM
Hello Borisdr,
Thank you and your team for a delightful game. I had no technical problems and thoroughly enjoyed the trial. I especially enjoyed some of your little "touches" (for example not smashing the piggy bank ).
I would also suggest that you change the playing modes for your next game - at least have an intermediate one between your easy and expert - a custom one would be better.
Well, back to the full game.
Cheers

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Oct 7, 14 3:10 AM
Hi DragonLadyOz,

Thank you very much on such a nice review. It is music for our ears .
As I mention in previous post, our next game will definitely have intermediate level.
Have a happy day .

Boris

Edited on 10/07/2014 at 3:14:54 AM PST

Agnes_2810
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by Agnes_2810 on Oct 7, 14 3:31 AM
Hi Boris!

How nice, that I can thank you for this nice game here and now!

The first impression: I loved the face of the hungry baby so much, that I immediately decided to buy the game! (Maybe I will start the game again and again. )
I hope, I will be able to find her soon!

The game was a surprise today, I really enjoyed the demo, and I will thank you and your people for it!!!

Have a very nice day! Agnes

greenshade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by greenshade on Oct 7, 14 3:50 AM
Boris, what a wonderful surprise to be able to talk to you here this morning.

Personally, I love the artwork.. gorgeous! Appreciate the lip movement. Love the fact that you mixed up the HOs.. not JUST the standard lists... the train track little game was my favorite little touch. However I am not one who likes to spend a lot of time trying to figure out puzzles so you can add my vote to adding a custom feature where you can decrease the amount of hint and skip time.

Some of the puzzles I WANTED to do but (like figuring out how to get through those walls and I got through 2 of them but after feeding the cats I had no idea what to do next.. so I skipped through since it was a demo and I wanted to move on. (maybe a little clearer instructions?)

Again, Boris, thank you so much for taking the time to join us.

Hugs, from Cincinnati, OH

imjaws2
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by imjaws2 on Oct 7, 14 3:53 AM
Thanks for being available. I would like to try out the game as the graphics in the samle pictures make it look really great. But I get a message that the APP won't work on my pc. I don't get this message on any other games and hope you have suggestions.

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Oct 7, 14 4:04 AM
Agnes_2810 wrote:Hi Boris!

How nice, that I can thank you for this nice game here and now!

The first impression: I loved the face of the hungry baby so much, that I immediately decided to buy the game! (Maybe I will start the game again and again. )
I hope, I will be able to find her soon!

The game was a surprise today, I really enjoyed the demo, and I will thank you and your people for it!!!

Have a very nice day! Agnes

Dear Agnes,

Thank you very much on a such a nice review . It is a really pleasure to hear it. We worked very hard on this game and we will give our best to make even better games in the future.
Have a beautiful game day and enjoy it
Best
Boris

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Oct 7, 14 4:13 AM
greenshade wrote:Boris, what a wonderful surprise to be able to talk to you here this morning.

Personally, I love the artwork.. gorgeous! Appreciate the lip movement. Love the fact that you mixed up the HOs.. not JUST the standard lists... the train track little game was my favorite little touch. However I am not one who likes to spend a lot of time trying to figure out puzzles so you can add my vote to adding a custom feature where you can decrease the amount of hint and skip time.

Some of the puzzles I WANTED to do but (like figuring out how to get through those walls and I got through 2 of them but after feeding the cats I had no idea what to do next.. so I skipped through since it was a demo and I wanted to move on. (maybe a little clearer instructions?)

Again, Boris, thank you so much for taking the time to join us.

Hugs, from Cincinnati, OH

Hellooo Greenshade,

Thank you very much for your time and very nice and honest review .
I am glad that you like the train track game we also think that we have to do something new, not just to repeat same old.
And about mini game with cats. I completely agree with you that instructions should be more clearer. But I see that now. You see, when you are in process of making game you see that mini game so many time that you start to think that is so obvious. But it is not. Nevertheless we are willing to learn and improve.
Have a beautiful day and many hugs from Europe .

Boris

Edited on 10/07/2014 at 4:14:49 AM PST

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Oct 7, 14 4:13 AM
Very nice to have you here Boris...

I have played half of the demo and now am going to purchase your game.
It seems to have all the bells' and whistles of a CE.

I especially appreciated the variety of the HO's and the game play.
i.e. you need to do this to do that! What fun!

I also am not big on real' actors, but the way you have them presented it is NOT in your face.

I think you have a winner here and thank you for your offering on BF.

Ci

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Oct 7, 14 4:16 AM
imjaws2 wrote:Thanks for being available. I would like to try out the game as the graphics in the samle pictures make it look really great. But I get a message that the APP won't work on my pc. I don't get this message on any other games and hope you have suggestions.

Hello Imjaws2,
I am sorry to hear that.
Please be so kind and post this issue to tech support I am sure that they will find solution.
Looking forward to hear from you soon
Have a beautiful day
Boris

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Oct 7, 14 4:22 AM
CiChDa wrote:Very nice to have you here Boris...

I have played half of the demo and now am going to purchase your game.
It seems to have all the bells' and whistles of a CE.

I especially appreciated the variety of the HO's and the game play.
i.e. you need to do this to do that! What fun!

I also am not big on real' actors, but the way you have them presented it is NOT in your face.

I think you have a winner here and thank you for your offering on BF.

Ci

Dear CiChDa,

Thank you very much on time you spent on playing our game and writing such a nice review .
We wanted to give our players more so we decide to include Achievement system, Collectibles, Game art, Wallpapers, Music and a Bonus chapter, although game is standard edition .
I am very glad that you like it.
Many regards from Europe and have a beautiful day .

Boris

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Oct 7, 14 5:04 AM
Hi BorisDr,

Thank you for this charming game. I have your first game...and will be buying this one also. I do wish you added more options...widescreen/more difficulty modes of play...jumping map...custom options. But this is a good game for your second one. And I'm sure you'll learn more as you grow and make more games.

Congratulation to you and your whole team on a job well done. I wrote a review on your game in the reviews thread.

Best to you and I look forward to more game from you!
Thank you,
Lisa

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Oct 7, 14 5:14 AM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:Hi BorisDr,

Thank you for this charming game. I have your first game...and will be buying this one also. I do wish you added more options...widescreen/more difficulty modes of play...jumping map...custom options. But this is a good game for your second one. And I'm sure you'll learn more as you grow and make more games.

Congratulation to you and your whole team on a job well done. I wrote a review on your game in the reviews thread.

Thank you,
Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Thank you very much on your review Lisa it is very nice .
As I mention before we are trying to be better with every game.
In next games we will add more difficulty modes as wide screen.
I just want to mention that we have all ready included a jumping map. It is a small scroll on the left side of the screen near the diary.
I also like that you noticed a little piggy
Many hugs from Europe and have a beautiful day .
Boris

Edited on 10/07/2014 at 5:15:19 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Oct 7, 14 5:17 AM
BorisDr wrote:
LovetoMissLisa wrote:Hi BorisDr,

Thank you,
Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Thank you very much on your review Lisa it is very nice .
As I mention before we are trying to be better with every game.
In next games we will add more difficulty modes as wide screen.
I just want to mention that we have all ready included a jumping map. It is a small scroll on the left side of the screen near the diary.
I also like that you noticed a little piggy
Many hugs from Europe and have a beautiful day .
Boris

Thank you for the heads up on the Jumping map. I didn't see it. That's great! Thanks again...and I'm going to enjoy your game and play your first one again.

MaryEl
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by MaryEl on Oct 7, 14 5:29 AM
I am downloading the trial since the reviews all look so good. However, it says it the download is 7.8gb. Is that really the size of the trial. Seems really big.

Sheila155
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Sheila155 on Oct 7, 14 5:43 AM
Hi Boris,

I recognised this game as soon as I started playing, and remembered that I had beta tested it some time ago. Unfortunately, I cannot find my notes to remind myself what I thought back then. However, upon playing the trial, I'm sure that my feedback would have been mostly positive.

I agree with others who have mentioned an extra difficulty option, and perhaps a slightly faster hint recharge, but I feel if you were to take on all the suggestions, then you would have a CE which would then warrant CE prices. I love the game as it stands with all it's extras, and it is wonderful to be able to get so many extras in an SE!

I will be buying this game, though probably not today. I would like to read some reviews of the completed game before purchasing, to see what people are saying about the bonus content, but I don't imagine my decision to buy will change.

Thank you for a lovely game and the opportunity for direct contact with you.

Looking forward to future releases from you.

Sheila

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Oct 7, 14 5:57 AM
MaryEl wrote:I am downloading the trial since the reviews all look so good. However, it says it the download is 7.8gb. Is that really the size of the trial. Seems really big.

On my download trial, it says 887.56mb, which is a 100 or so mb short of 1gb. Still pretty big for an SE but thankfully not anywhere near 7.8gb!! I only get 15gb data allowance a month; that would use up half of it just for one game

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Oct 7, 14 6:31 AM
MaryEl wrote:I am downloading the trial since the reviews all look so good. However, it says it the download is 7.8gb. Is that really the size of the trial. Seems really big.

Hi MaryEl,
it must be some kind of mistake. Game should be around 1 gb maybe less.
Looking forward to hear from you.
Have a beautiful day
Boris

Edited on 10/07/2014 at 6:34:08 AM PST

Go to: