Server back up, but . . .

mimsylu
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Server back up, but . . .

[Post New]by mimsylu on Oct 7, 14 11:09 AM
The server is back up, but there seem to be a rash of glitches. The collect all buttons are not available; when juju is added, I can no longer see the amount added when I collect from individual walkers although the total juju increases; only the bonus for 9.4 (the skull sticks) show up on the premium chapter screens--all the other chapters up to 17 just show a 30% increase in silver and XP. I was going to try to buy the premium chapter with the frog legs, but can't tell which one it is (although I do know where to go to find out), and am concerned about whether it will actually be available if I do buy the chapter.

These glitches were all found in the first couple of minutes of play. There may be more, or they may be miraculously corrected by the powers that be. We can only hope.

After posting, I found this from bfgLianorm:

ETA: After starting up the game, I do want to let you know that some adjustments have made to the Collect All buttons for Silver and Juju. Now these buttons will appear when you have 50 of a type of item. (a total of 50 different walkers, or 50 different Enigmas)

Edited on 10/07/2014 at 11:21:31 AM PST

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

Re:Server back up, but . . .

[Post New]by moosetracker on Oct 7, 14 11:16 AM
I posted this on the other thread, but will say it again.. This is NOT a change for the better... I do not need more carpal tunnel from the game, where it forces me to go around and hit ever individual silver or juju button !!..

mimsylu
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by mimsylu on Oct 7, 14 11:18 AM
Especially when collecting silver more likely than not triggers the dreaded edit machine. Again and again.

Ruby2sdy
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by Ruby2sdy on Oct 7, 14 11:22 AM
50??? Now I know I will definitely not bother playing this game much. Not even going to bother getting back in to play the Premium scene I had just bought when I was booted out, or see if I can buy any of those sale scenes at my other baby manor.

I just don't understand why they continue to make this game as unappetizing as possible.

tcarter50
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by tcarter50 on Oct 7, 14 11:40 AM
I opened Jazz Bone premium scene and only got 12,000 silver for filling 2 vials it appears the bonus items are no longer available. I will not be opening anymore premium scenes they are not worth the gold without the bonus items!!!!!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Oct 7, 14 11:41 AM
Didn't play to notice the changes in the collect all button! And I was recently thinking that this feature was one of the best game improvements ever. Because some of us had played for a long time without it, popping individual bubbles all the time. What a relief it was when they gave us the collect all button!! And now they almost take it back.

In addition, the premium scenes no longer have bonus items, while their price has remained unchanged! That was uncalled for. And they didn't bother to warn us that these items will no longer be there so that those who wanted them could take advantage of the premium scene sales!

It seems to have become a habit for BFG to give things to us and then take them away. This is the worst possible startegy in my opinion.

On the upside, there are 3 really cheap and nice new enigmas!! Love the gipsy wagon by night!!!But hate the daffodils on its base- they seem to be putting them everywhere these days and they make the whole drawing look childish.

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Oct 7, 14 11:44 AM
Hey there everyone,

I thought I'd swim by and help to clear up some of what's going on with the Collect All button.

Originally the information we received was that 50 walkers and Enigmas were needed to trigger the appearance of the Collect All button. But, we recently received word that those buttons should appear after having 20 of each.

Since we have seen that some customers still don't have the buttons, even though they have enough of both, the developers have been notified and are looking into this issue as we speak.

bfgLianorm

Ruby2sdy
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by Ruby2sdy on Oct 7, 14 11:48 AM
The fact that the Premium scenes no longer include a special item really irritates me. I had just bought The Boneyard, was reading Papa Legba's dialogue, when I was kicked out for the maintenance.

I bought that scene with the promise of the 3 skull statues included in the package. Just went back to check.... yes, the scene was bought, but I have no quests for it, and despite filling several vials I didn't get the skulls.

I'm definitely submitting a ticket for it. And definitely not going to buy the other Premium scenes that I hadn't bought for my other baby manor.

I give up. They wanted to make us hate the game; they are succeeding.

Oh, another thing --- since I hadn't been to my 2nd baby manor today and just went there now, I had the splash screen to click on the coffin and get my daily award for playing. I got 500 silver. 500??? And that's supposed to convince me to play every day?

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Oct 7, 14 11:50 AM
Ruby2sdy wrote:
Oh, another thing --- since I hadn't been to my 2nd baby manor today and just went there now, I had the splash screen to click on the coffin and get my daily award for playing. I got 500 silver. 500??? And that's supposed to convince me to play every day?

If this is true, how cheap can one be???

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Oct 7, 14 11:54 AM
Your right, they don't even show the bonus items in the scenes my baby manor has not opened...!... Yeah.. Not worth buying Premium scenes anymore.. I am glad I collected already from the 2 premium scenes I bought from todays sale..

Ruddred
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Ruddred on Oct 7, 14 11:57 AM
Anyone noticed the wheel of fortune thingy has changed as well.....

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Oct 7, 14 11:57 AM
And they go on with the revamping of scenes...

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Oct 7, 14 12:01 PM
Hi Ruby2sdy,

When purchasing a Premium Scene, you should unlock a story attached to it that will ask you to fill 2 Ectoplasm vials. After those vials have been filled, you'll then see the item listed in your inventory so you can place it on your manor.

bfgLianorm

ArgentFarfel
Herring
Herring
321 Posts

[Post New]by ArgentFarfel on Oct 7, 14 12:04 PM
But the special prizes no longer show on the premium scenes. What gives?
Argent

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Oct 7, 14 12:09 PM
And someone just stated they hit the 2 vials and did not get the item.. Just 12,000 in silver... So what gives????

Ruby2sdy
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by Ruby2sdy on Oct 7, 14 12:11 PM
Hi bfgLianorm,

The dialogue with Papa Legba had just begun when the server went down for maintenance (in fact, it stayed "ghosting" behind the maintenance notice when I was booted out to the front gate). When I returned, the dialogue did not restart. No problem, I just wanted the special item associated with that scene.

I went to the scene, filled up several vials, and still did not get the item. Returned repeatedly to the Mansion, checking for the Quest to fill 2 vials or however many, and it never showed up. Repeatedly checked my Inventory. No special item.

I then went to my 3rd manor, which I hadn't played yet today. I checked the Premium scenes that are on sale. They all list the 30% extra payout, but none of them include special items anymore.

I've already submitted a ticket for it. I have all scenes open at my oldest manor. I specifically bought The Boneyard because I wanted the special item. Luckily, I had bought Ship Graveyard, filled the vials, and received the Iron Maiden prior to buying The Boneyard.

I still have not bought those scenes for my 3rd manor, and without any special item, I just won't bother. If I want to play them, any of them, I can go to my older manor which has every scene opened.

Ruby2sdy
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by Ruby2sdy on Oct 7, 14 12:15 PM
moosetracker wrote:And someone just stated they hit the 2 vials and did not get the item.. Just 12,000 in silver... So what gives????

Dunno. I filled 3 vials in The Boneyard and didn't receive anything other than what I got on the regular 2-energy spin.

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Oct 7, 14 12:19 PM
Theorem wrote:And they go on with the revamping of scenes...

Yeah, I'm not so upset with the new "Mansion Gate" ugly as H-E-(double hockysticks)... But I am not a fan of the split pictures, and so don't mind the double picture trolley car going away (3.4).. But, I know others like the double pictures.. Were any other scenes changed.. I can't tell from the pictures, and I doubt any except those that are scene (x.1) will show up in the neighbor blitz.. They don't want to fix the REAL problems in the game.

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Oct 7, 14 12:26 PM
Honestly I didn't even bother open the scenes, but as per the "cover sheets", infection has now reached chapter 7 (and hence almost every scene prior to that).

traderdi75143
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by traderdi75143 on Oct 7, 14 12:38 PM
Not liking it without the collect button on juju and silver. Just get done collecting and it is time to start again. love the game but becoming very frustrating

Go to: