firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

MCF 2014 New Release Spec Thread

[Post New]by firekat7 on Oct 7, 14 1:03 PM
Hello all you big MCF fans who love the clues that start in October for November's new game. I am starting this thread so the hunting can begin. I am hoping this thread will catch the attention of a Moderator who can give us an ETA on when the clues will start coming our way. If you have any info, we would all appreciate you sharing it with us.

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

Re:MCF 2014 New Release Spec Thread

[Post New]by firekat7 on Oct 8, 14 6:57 PM
Thanks to FrauMeike for providing the following information:

"yes, there will be a MCF game this fall. There's even an open beta version on the BF site. The game's name is "Dire Grove, Sacred Grove". Maybe you need to use G**gle to find it, because the BF search will not present it on a silver platter.

Hope, I don't spoil things...."

I did easily find the beta through my internet browser, downloading it now. This will take a lot of the mystery out of the pre-release excitement so having a spec thread with clues may be a moot point by now.

Edited to add: In searching for Dire Grove, Sacred Grove, I found an announcement on another gaming website that was dated September 6th. Guess I am way behind the times.

Edited on 10/08/2014 at 7:03:42 PM PST

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Oct 9, 14 1:06 AM

Edited on 10/26/2014 at 3:49:19 PM PST

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on Oct 9, 14 5:12 PM
Thanks ganonsbane!

I did download and play the beta and I had a lot of fun. I don't think it is possible to beat the original Dire Grove, but this is still a good one. If you are a MCF fan, you really ought to try the beta. There are some little reminders of other MCF games scattered about, great puzzles along the lines of Madame Fate and Fate's Carnival type games, familiar Dire Grove locations with a different story line and different actions than the original. We collect 5 clues for each mystery that comes up and receive deductive recap once they are all collected. The morphing objects are miniatures of the buildings around town and are stored on a page in a briefcase that you can look at anytime you want. There is an interactive map in the briefcase and it is very easy to navigate. Remember to wear your jacket while you play because it's cold out there, baby!

Go to: