Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Castle: The Mirror's Secret here!

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Oct 8, 14 6:12 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgGlithui

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Castle: The Mirror's Secret here!

[Post New]by usn201997 on Oct 8, 14 8:20 AM
when i click on the train it locks up the game and my computer with this code

Lua/endless_train:lua:18:attempt to field 'train_way'(a nil value)

lewislynda
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by lewislynda on Oct 8, 14 8:46 AM
I am in the garden and I am trying to get the book, they hint thing keeps pointing to the stars, but nothing is there. What do I do?

frazerpaul
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

game freezes

[Post New]by frazerpaul on Oct 8, 14 8:49 AM
yet another flawed game this one freezes and only sin out will let you get out

maizijane
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by maizijane on Oct 8, 14 3:05 PM
Problems here, too. I get Fatal Error: KernelBase.dll. Code 0xeo6d7363; address 7729c42D in thread CFC. I have no idea what all that means,but it frustrates me.

sarah451
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by sarah451 on Oct 8, 14 7:53 PM
In the library, in the demo, I tried to put the candle in the candle holder on the table without first lighting the candle. I got this text in the hint line at the top:
root/hints/library/@no_fire.

sadji
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by sadji on Oct 9, 14 5:48 AM
maizijane wrote:Problems here, too. I get Fatal Error: KernelBase.dll. Code 0xeo6d7363; address 7729c42D in thread CFC. I have no idea what all that means,but it frustrates me.

Unknown exception: (code 0xe06d7363) at address 76FAC42D in thread 216C
Module: KERNELBASE.dll
Logical Address: 0001:0000B42D

76FAC42D 0018C400 0001:0000B42D KERNELBASE.dll
009172D3 0018C438 0001:005162D3 MysteryCastleTheMirrorsSecret.exe
008B524D 0018D490 0001:004B424D MysteryCastleTheMirrorsSecret.exe
008B54AB 0018D4AC 0001:004B44AB

The same

ladiedidee
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by ladiedidee on Oct 9, 14 8:10 AM

I am in the garden and I am trying to get the book, they hint thing keeps pointing to the stars, but nothing is there. What do I do?
this is the same as a earlier post. I noticed that the screen is also darker than normal in this scene

jesterguy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by jesterguy on Oct 9, 14 10:20 AM
im getting an access code at... error and then the game tosses me out. this is the second game that ive had problems with. im running windows 8.1. I tried to play twice and both times I got the same error. im wondering if some of the new games don't like windows 8.1 .

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Oct 9, 14 12:48 PM
When I played the demo I had no issues whatsoever; however, when I purchased the game it will not play and freezes the minute I click anything. I have no idea what would have changed since purchasing the game. Yeesh, how frustrating! I am reinstalling now but will be really frustrated if it won't play and if there is no fix.

[Post New]by Needles1352 on Oct 9, 14 3:55 PM
I have a Windows 8.1 desktop computer and it seems like more and more games and not working. This game was fine until I got to the "fix tesla machine" and it froze and crashed and I can't go any further. I even went back in and selected skip puzzle and it's still won't advance. I have to think it's a glitch in the game since it won't recognize that the machine is fixed. This is really getting frustrating.

[Post New]by mzfitkid on Oct 11, 14 6:46 AM
This one wont download, either.. This is the second one so far in 20 minutes! WTF! (tried to download the Maestro one, and it doesn't download, either..)

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Oct 11, 14 11:14 AM
I've been kicked out three times in the first five minutes with error messages and every time I've had to go back to the start.

Moon38
Clownfish
Clownfish
533 Posts

[Post New]by Moon38 on Oct 11, 14 3:57 PM
Im not at all sure where to put this post as Im not sure if it's a glitch or Im just doing something wrong but I found the first mirror piece. I clicked on the mirror to place it and now I can't get out of this scene to continue with the game. Any ideas?

Thanks

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Oct 14, 14 3:40 PM
I keep getting thrown out of the game with an ERROR message and I just restart the game and It goes back to the beginning of the scene I was in. So far that has worked. The game will NOT defeat me!!! Besides which, I'm really enjoying the game. I sure wish there was a WT. I've missed several morphs. I can tell there is a morph in the scene by the glowing mirror in the lower right hand corner next to the hint demon, but be durned if I can find it. The WT will probably come out right after I finish the game.

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Oct 15, 14 6:09 AM
I had the same as Sara451, nothing happend and I was able to go on.

The ending however, is another matter. I can not finnish the game, stuck with the crystal piece and cant use it
(see others have had the same experience)

I am not one who like to play the same game over, just after I played it, bummer....
Not happy with this

[Post New]by Tobor6 on Oct 16, 14 8:15 AM
I have the same problem. I can not finish the game. Stuck with the cristal and can't use it. The hint are not working. Somebody can help?

Sidney420
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Sidney420 on Oct 16, 14 11:16 AM
sarah451 wrote:In the library, in the demo, I tried to put the candle in the candle holder on the table without first lighting the candle. I got this text in the hint line at the top:
root/hints/library/@no_fire.

take your candle and light it on the burning candle hanging at the top and them place the candle in the holder...it worked for me when I got the same error

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Oct 16, 14 11:24 PM
I have a similar problem. When I tried to pick up the grate, you have to place the transistors. Every time I picked up a transistor, the game froze, hung, and then crashed. I retried it numeous times and got the same result.

Please advise when the game is updated without the bugs.

Thanks.

Edited on 10/20/2014 at 1:05:40 AM PST

[Post New]by molloy_a on Oct 25, 14 8:11 AM
Am stuck trying to go through dragon door. I have a dusty mirror to my
right and can not access anything to help me . Every time i left click i have a puff of smoke. I am running windows 8 on PC.

Go to: