Please post your REVIEWS for Gizmos: Riddle Of The Universe here!

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Oct 8, 14 6:15 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Gizmos: Riddle Of The Universe here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Gizmos: Riddle Of The Universe.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

Edited on 11/05/2014 at 10:25:17 AM PST

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Gizmos: Riddle Of The Universe here!

[Post New]by govols2 on Oct 8, 14 9:57 AM
Well I didn't want to be first.

Anyways typical nanogram game with a few jigsaws thrown in. Left click for correct stuff and right click for spaces. There are 6 sections with about 20 levels in each section.

Started with some cut scenes which you can skip. The music is ok and either it didn't play all the time or it just faded in the background after awhile to me. I would recommend turning off the voices though. Gets very annoying with all the "good job" and such.

I finished about 15 of the levels in the first section in about 40 minutes. Starts out with 10 X 10 and ends with 15 X 15. From the screen shots looks like it will expand quite a bit though.

There is a time but it counts up as there is a reward for finishing within a certain time. There are several achievements, some for getting gold on so many levels and some for just playing for a certain length of time. There is an option to prefill when you complete a line as well.

There is a black border even in full screen. My main issue with the game is the graphics/ coloring. The board itself is a sort of yellowish tint and when you are on a line that lights up almost too much. Makes it a bit difficult to see where you are at.

I will get it but will probably wait until there is a sale

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Oct 8, 14 12:18 PM
I'm always happy w/a new fill-in and this one has some easy jigsaws also. But, why don't devs use multicolors? There is certainly the technology for it. The "story" and characters are weird and I had to turn off the voices and turn down the music but I'm spending a coupon on it.,

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Oct 8, 14 1:06 PM
"Muchas gracias" to BF for the Paint by Number, nonograms, pic-a-pix puzzles (or whatever you call them. I realize NOT everyone is awesome enough to enjoy these.LOL We are a rarefied breed. However, I enjoy them immensely and take my usual "breaks" playing them.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Oct 18, 14 11:42 AM
I'm kind of torn with this one. The fun factor is taken away because of the timer. I know I could ignore it but I can't!! Also, the pictures are awful. I like the autocomplete function.

I hate the gameplay in the world mosaics/riddle games. Love the Arizona Rose games (2nd better than 1st).

More from this developer would be great if they improve the pictures and take away the timer. I like the board and colours better than Arizona Rose.

BronzeLady
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by BronzeLady on Nov 2, 14 3:53 PM
I just got around to giving this one a try and I enjoyed it. I agree about the color issue .. something isn't quite right about it and u cant see the squares properly when its highlighted.

What I most enjoyed was the timer and a chance to beat Perfect Time, so plz Mr Developer (or Mrs) don't take it away with your next game ... but to be fair, I would suggest u give some options for those who don't like them. What is definitely missing is the opportunity to replay button choice immediately after completing a level. You had to click to go forward to the level screen and could click on the level u wanted to repeat. I would prefer a repeat button option without going forward. I am the type that wont proceed to the next level til I get credit for No Hints .. No Misclicks .. and Perfect Time. So, I did have fun going for the four check marks for each level.

Merkredy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Merkredy on Nov 5, 14 12:57 AM
Hi BronzeLady,
I am mr. developer
Thanks for kind words about game!
Next game of series is available now - "Gizmos: Spooky Adventures". Perfect time is still there and become much aggressive I think
Also thanks for your suggestions about game improving.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Nov 12, 14 8:03 PM
Very enjoyable game, looking forward to your next one.

Go to: