Please post any TECH ISSUES for Gizmos: Riddle Of The Universe here!

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Oct 8, 14 6:16 AM
Good morning!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgGlithui

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Gizmos: Riddle Of The Universe here!

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Oct 8, 14 11:21 AM
I am a big fan of nonogram games and wanted to like this one. However, when trying the demo to see if this is a game I wanted to purchase, I experienced very frustrating technical issues.

I'm not sure what technical terms to use to explain what was happening, but I'll try to describe my experience as best I can: I started out by placing my cursor on the puzzle block I wanted to open and clicking my left mouse button. Nothing happened... even after trying repeatedly to open the block.

I finally realized that the left side of the picture and my cursor were not in harmony with each other. To get a puzzle block to open, I had to place my cursor on the block to the left of the one I wanted to open and then left click. Same thing when I wanted to mark that square as a blank. WHAAAAT ? ? ? ?

BUT, on the right side of the picture, my cursor and the picture worked in the normal way. I could place my cursor directly on the block I wanted to open (or mark as a blank) and it would respond as it should.

As you might guess, this made game play QUITE confusing. So much so that I left the game after only a short time. I MIGHT have loved the game if I could have played it in the normal way... but all things considered, it is a definite NO BUY for me!!!!

SHOPPERS BEWARE! ! ! BE SURE TO TRY YOUR DEMO BEFORE BUYING.

Classicaljazz

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Oct 9, 14 6:13 AM
ClassicalJazz - I had the same problem but I had switched to system cursor on the way into the game (because I always do).

I switched back to the game specific cursor and that one worked properly. I played 3 puzzles to make sure before coming to post in case anyone else had the same problem.

& to anyone who is mid tutorial when they realise this, with apparently no way to exit because the tutorial is waiting for you to do something: Using the ESC key gets the main menu up so you can go to settings and change the cursor (or exit).

Edited to add bolding/underline to the fact that it worked properly when I switched cursors (because that could be missed on skimming the thread).

Edited on 10/09/2014 at 5:56:16 PM PST

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Oct 9, 14 2:04 PM
It seems like a glitch in the game as you have to go to the far left of the line you want to mark and that means you are either off the board or on the wrong line to get to the correct line. The whole thing is out of alignment and I gave up on the 2nd level. Unless they correct this it would be either very frustrating to play or impossible, either way it confused me far to much to continue past the 2nd level and even trying to exit the game was a pain in the rear. The whole thing is out of sync...... the experience has made my head swim, so I have to shut down now and rest my poor confused head.

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Oct 9, 14 2:28 PM
Went back in and tried again with new name. It seems without tutorial there is still a glitch. You cannot disable the hints, the right side of the board is fine but the left side you have to be on the number to get the first square. |Still very bad. Made a few bad clicks and the end report said no mis-clicks. Even coming out of the game you have to go to the right of the "X" to exit. Very bad alignment. I have a lot of these types of games, Fantasy Mosaics, 1 2 3, World Riddles, world mosaics, etc. and I enjoy them. BUT this game is really weird and confusing to play. I hope the devs are watching this page and can sort it out as it seems a good game to play. Haven't got to the puzzle yet but I am wondering about that?

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Oct 11, 14 3:08 AM
Reposting this here since there wasn't a Tech issues topic:

I had a problem running this with the tutorial. After the tutorial, it suggests you do the next steps on your own. Well, nothing worked. I was clicking my finger off and nada. I restarted the game, but same problem. My drivers are all up to date. I exited completely, went back in, and only then was able to play the game without problems by skipping the tutorial.

I thought the game was ok for what it is, but it's not going to be a buy for me. Still, the tutorial and alignment problems needs to be addressed, otherwise no one will buy.

Edited on 10/11/2014 at 3:08:59 AM PST

Merkredy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Merkredy on Oct 11, 14 3:33 AM
Hi
Turning off "System Cursor" on Options screen should help with clicking problem!

CW04
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by CW04 on Oct 14, 14 3:42 PM
I play this on my laptop and desktop computers without any issues. I cannot play it on my Surface tablet. I keep getting a screen resolution error and I have 1024 x 768 to anything greater. Nothing is working.

F_O_A
Herring
Herring
334 Posts

[Post New]by F_O_A on Oct 15, 14 9:59 PM
I had the misalignment problem as well, but switching off the widescreen in settings solved it for me without using the game cursor. Just remember that when misaligned, clicking off the widescreen will be to the left of the actual dot.....

bbz53
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Extremely jerky gameplay

[Post New]by bbz53 on Oct 29, 14 9:01 AM
Like others, I really wanted to like this game, but even with every option disabled, the gameplay is horridly jerky. Can't scroll through a set of tiles to select, it's almost as if it's in timelapse. I've tried every combination of options I can, and it just doesn't work properly. Too bad - would be a great game if it worked smoothly. I've played about the halfway through the first room, and gotten par time on all, but when the puzzles get harder, it will be impossible to make time without scrolling.

[Post New]by diamond71977 on Oct 30, 14 11:15 AM
Running this on a Windows Vista laptop. An irritation I have is false mis-clicks. I can see a space that I know has to be a blank, and I will click it as blank (I believe I am!) and I get a mis-click blank.

Anyone else have this problem?

agedbeauty
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by agedbeauty on Nov 13, 14 11:27 AM
Hi there,

Question for merkredy.

In the trophies, there is a trophy for all gold time finishes, all silver time, all bronze time and even completing all levels, (which I have done), What is "making par on all levels"

Merkredy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Merkredy on Nov 13, 14 1:55 PM
Hi
That mean Perfect Time on all levels.

agedbeauty
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by agedbeauty on Nov 16, 14 9:07 AM
Thank you for clarifying that for me however, if you get all gold levels you get the par award too, gold is only gained by having no misclicks, no hints and under perfect time.

Edited on 11/16/2014 at 11:10:58 AM PST

chunkychow
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by chunkychow on Nov 25, 14 6:18 AM
I have same issues as everyone above with the cursor that will not work when put on top of the square - must click to the left. Sorry I bought this game and will not buy their other one.

chunkychow
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by chunkychow on Nov 25, 14 6:27 AM
Wanted to add that the Menu button does not work most of the time and I never got the X it button to work - had to clr-alt-delete to get out. Worst experience I have ever had on Big Fish. Money needs to be refunded for this game !!

[Post New]by Cathys0820 on Dec 14, 14 3:53 AM
Is anyone using Windows 8.1 for this game? I have installed and "re"installed the demo several times. The game seems to download and install correctly, but when I try to actually play it, not only does the screen freeze, but my whole computer freeezes.

As I said, I'm playing (or attempting to play) on a PC with Windows 8.1. I love this type of game and would like to be able to play it.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 14, 14 3:26 PM
Hey Cathys0820

I'm really sorry to see the game is freezing! It's definitely not fun to have your whole computer freeze, and I'd like to recommend checking out the following help article for some steps that can help:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the issue continues, please contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report and one of our Reps will be more than happy to help!

bfgVaiya

Go to: