Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for League of Light: Wicked Harvest Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 9, 14 12:41 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 10/09/2014 at 6:26:42 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for League of Light: Wicked Harvest Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Oct 9, 14 2:07 AM
I'm sure this is a wonderful game; unfortunately it runs so slow and jerkily that it became a chore to play. I took off the custom cursor to no avail.

Shame as it looks terrific but I can't play it the way it is.

Win7 64bit on desktop PC.

Update 15th Oct
: I have now updated the control centre that manages my graphics card. Even though Windows assured me my drivers were up to date, something seems to have happened since this game now runs perfectly! I also bought a new mouse since my old one was broken inside (although it still worked ok). Maybe that has also helped!

So I am off to buy this lovely game at a bargain price in today's sale

Edited on 10/15/2014 at 4:06:02 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for League of Light: Wicked Harvest Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 9, 14 2:16 AM
I use Win7, 64-bit but on a Sony Vaio laptop. Have no problems with the cursor or anything else.

barbdesc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by barbdesc on Oct 9, 14 3:22 AM
This game looks great, but I cannot get it to stay on full screen and the cursor is jerky and slow !! Using Windows 8

Edited on 10/09/2014 at 3:23:03 AM PST

petrinov
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by petrinov on Oct 9, 14 3:51 AM
This looks like a good game to me, but if I leave the custom curser on, it just sits there, and cannot move it at all. When I take the custom cursor off, the game will work, but the cursor is a lot smaller. Having said that, I will buy as it does look like a great game, and they seem to be becoming farther and fewer between.

Cheers

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Oct 9, 14 4:03 AM
Thanks Valdy for posting what you are running the game with and that you have had no problems.

There has been times I passed up a game due to being concerned it wouldn't run on my system.

It is good to know what doesn't run well, but also what does!

I have windows 8.1 on a PC and it is a tad' jerky...but I think it is tolerable, and I am still considering on purchasing it.

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by glb613 on Oct 9, 14 5:43 AM
You need a computer that meets more than the minimum requirements. If it's old, without enough memory or a good video card, you will have problems.

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Oct 9, 14 6:27 AM
'Morning Fishies!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

LizzyS69
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by LizzyS69 on Oct 9, 14 8:48 AM
Big problems with this one. Looks really good but just keeps switching back to desktop screen. Makes no difference whether I switch off full screen or custom cursor. Playing on Windows 8 and pc meets all the compatibility needs for the game. Hopefully all the glitches will be fixed for the SE.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Oct 9, 14 9:27 AM
Could some of our problems come from the game manager. Maybe we need to update that?

I am wondering this due to reading the problems LizzyS69 posted.

I too am running on windows 8.1 and have a PC and am able to play the game perfectly. It was jerky' a tad' when I first started, but that worked itself out.

[Post New]by Megrim27 on Oct 9, 14 10:45 AM
Game crashes on completion of Silver Fairy. Win 7 64 bit. Also crashed when I attempted to apply Elixir of Life. On this elixir I had made one error in the recipe process, but was not forced to restart from the beginning. After crash, I redid the recipe from scratch with no errors and was able to apply it just fine.

Froze computer after 10 min. of trial, then said I'd used up trial period

[Post New]by IdahoForever on Oct 9, 14 12:02 PM
Hi,

I've already done everything the Help menu suggests. This game worked fine for about 10 minutes, then my computer froze, and I had to do a cold boot = i.e. turn my computer off and turn it back on. Then I deleted all of the files I could find related to this game and emptied my trash. Then, I downloaded a new installation file from BF,and installed the game again. When I re-opened the game manager, it said I had used up my trial period! After 10 minutes?

Apple OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)
Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

Edited on 10/09/2014 at 4:17:32 PM PST

nadayehia
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by nadayehia on Oct 9, 14 5:51 PM
Mine also runs slow and sluggish I think I might uninstall it

I use Win7 x32

[Post New]by BigFishCrazy on Oct 10, 14 8:26 AM
I am having trouble putting together the zodiac amulet in the forest. I have all the pieces according to the guide, but the game says I don't. This is keeping me from going any further. What am I missing?

[Post New]by gamineannie on Oct 10, 14 1:53 PM
Playing on a Windows 7 machine and the game runs fine, but twice now the game has frozen up when selecting the map. I had to ctrl+alt+del to get out of the unresponsive game. There seems to be a minor glitch attached to the map and or the library file it uses.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 10, 14 6:34 PM
I have now finished the whole game (didn't see a second "extra" bonus game), and had no problems except:

Once, in the main game, when I was near the end and was taking down the statue to get to the dark one, I got an error message and had to exit via Task Manager. I went straight back in to the game, and it continued from a few steps before that section. I was able to continue without a hitch.

The second time I had a problem was in the bonus game. Can't remember where it was, but suddenly my game closed. I went straight back in, and again, the game continued a few steps from where it closed down, and I was able to finish the bonus game.

Apart from those 2 glitches, I had no problems. I didn't play with the large custom cursor (always prefer the system one), so I can't comment on that.

[Post New]by BoomchuckPxyNiki on Oct 10, 14 11:27 PM
Megrim27 wrote:Game crashes on completion of Silver Fairy. Win 7 64 bit. Also crashed when I attempted to apply Elixir of Life. On this elixir I had made one error in the recipe process, but was not forced to restart from the beginning. After crash, I redid the recipe from scratch with no errors and was able to apply it just fine.

Mine crashed multiple times at the same spot. I run a Win 8.1 64-bit, everything up to date because I'm nerdy like that. I also had it crash both times (I'm replaying) I got a few game steps past exiting the wind mill. It's also crashed twice in front of the mine, once before the scarecrow, and once after. Once I restart, the game continues normally. I would like to collect that silver fairy, though--I replayed the game for that alone.

[Post New]by dolilikestoplay on Oct 11, 14 1:38 AM
Can`t activate this game.
Error code 1402.

[Post New]by hanne49 on Oct 11, 14 12:46 PM
I am having trouble getting the imp aka scarecrow get to the bracelet high up on a brick/standing stone. The hint button insists that the imp/scarecrow has to go up there, but that does not seem to be possible.

So far, no big tech problems. The games freezes at times and stops, but it keeps the progress so I do not need to start all over (thanks dear developers!!).

Anything to do, other than, eh...start all over again?

Best, Hanne

firehorsecos
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by firehorsecos on Oct 11, 14 3:28 PM
hanne49 wrote:I am having trouble getting the imp aka scarecrow get to the bracelet high up on a brick/standing stone. The hint button insists that the imp/scarecrow has to go up there, but that does not seem to be possible.

Anything to do, other than, eh...start all over again?

Best, Hanne

You have to get him in just the right spot when you let him go for it to work. It is UNBELIEVABLY fiddly. Just keep trying, putting him in different spots. If I remember correctly, I let him go fairly high up when it finally worked for me.

Firehorse

Go to: