How Come?

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

How Come?

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Oct 9, 14 12:56 AM
(I got back a few minutes ago, woooo)

How come this game gets heaps of hype? It gets beta tester praise on the game page, as well as being editor's pick.
My question is, how is that fair? How come the other games did not get beta tester praise on their pages? It's kind of giving the developer a helping hand. I, for one, do not like it.

Just my opinion though. Not in any way meant to offend anyone.

Perhaps BFG could start include beta tester praise on all game pages from now on.

EDIT: Should be ON, not OF. Ooops.

Edited on 10/09/2014 at 2:35:33 AM PST

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

Re:How Come?

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Oct 9, 14 1:24 AM
I completely agree. It's just more hype to sell CE's.

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Oct 9, 14 1:55 AM
Spot on. My first thought was, "What's wrong with it that it needs that waffle?"

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Oct 9, 14 2:48 AM
Good comments fellow fishies'...I had to chuckle at your comment AussieMoo
Happy gaming all.
Ci

gailgo
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
43,711 Posts

[Post New]by gailgo on Oct 9, 14 3:22 AM
Maybe it's just a thing BF is starting to do...will be interested to see if it continues with other games.

hippyfishie
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by hippyfishie on Oct 9, 14 3:29 AM
It's just my opinion, but I think the forums and lack of reviewers have become either very negative or non existant.

Lets all give the game a try and see for ourselves. I have missed many good games because of the negativity of the forums, there is nothing positive anymore.

Granted, not all games are winners, but League of Light has has some good games. I think it's just that there are so few reviews anymore.

I say lets try it and see.

JMHO

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Oct 9, 14 4:09 AM
Good comment on the positives, and I totally agree.

It was just not the norm for us to see in the narrative on the opening page, and it would be nice if they continued doing this. Just my humble opinion, of course.

Ci

Oh geez, flip side is ...."how come this game doesn't have any comments from the beta testers...hmmm, must be a dud"

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Oct 9, 14 4:51 AM
New marketing approach for the game page. Nothing more.
Happy gaming.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

How Come?

[Post New]by Bartsister on Oct 9, 14 5:02 AM
catbag8717 wrote:(I got back a few minutes ago, woooo)

How come this game gets heaps of hype? It gets beta tester praise on the game page, as well as being editor's pick.
My question is, how is that fair? How come the other games did not get beta tester praise on their pages? It's kind of giving the developer a helping hand. I, for one, do not like it.

Perhaps BFG could start include beta tester praise on all game pages from now on.

After reading what I thought was a particularly melodramatic and therefore humorous game page description, I asked the Mods who wrote them - or the individual developers. For whatever it's worth, BFGWendwater responded that the developers wrote their own game descriptions and submitted them. Here is the link to the thread I created about it:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/266383.page

hippyfishie
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by hippyfishie on Oct 9, 14 6:40 AM
ChiChida thanks for the LOL using the flip side! Loved it!

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Oct 9, 14 7:39 AM
BFG is in the business of selling games and it looks like the comments added to the game page might be a new marketing idea. I rather like to see the positive comments by beta testers and I think it is a nice touch!

spenny1
Catfish
Catfish
1,637 Posts

[Post New]by spenny1 on Oct 9, 14 8:58 AM
Who is this editor anyway?!

[Post New]by moonfish1956 on Oct 9, 14 9:12 AM
And what do they edit? Games, the blog page, the game site, what?

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 9, 14 9:49 AM
I agree with Biscuitsmama

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Oct 9, 14 11:58 AM
Twinsoniclab wrote:

It says, "Big Fish Editor's Choice! This title was chosen for its high standard of quality and amazingly positive reviews from our Game Club beta testers."

I would guess it got higher beta review ratings than other games. Maybe they sent it out to more people to beta though, then more reviews would come back!

So the other games offered are of less quality and get fewer positive reviews?

I usually don't post here but I took a personal day to get some errands done, so I will respond. This makes me sooooooooooooo irritated. THIS GAME ABSOLUTELY IS ONE OF THE WORST EVER! There are other "cutesy" helper games which are better than this piece of "trash," It seems they have a lemon on their hands and they are trying boost up support for it. I just cannot believe gamers on this site actually like let alone love this game.

If this is the type of game you wish to play - then all means - support it by writing "rave"reviews for it. But are you serious? We have "interactive" inventory items in which you just click on them to complete the item. You do not even have to put them in the correct places as in a jigsaw puzzle. Yesterday's game was better than this.

Some of us are just tired of "helper" games. This would indicate to me that BF has a pile of them coming and wants to keep sales up. Hey - BF - they are TERRIBLE! [Removed by Moderator] I beta tested Saturday's game and it is EXCELLENT if it is like the beta.

Oh - yes - I will play the demo as we don't want beta testing reviews on the Review site. However, I have done that and it is the same game! Go figure!

I will not play nor support helper games, period. [Removed by Moderator] There is an old saying "If it ain't broke - don't fix it." I use it it a lot in engineering. However, there were great ideas which have been killed off by this site and BF knows some of us absolutely HATE cutesy helpers in the games and they continue to consistently provide them in games,

If you don't like the quality - just don't purchase them anymore. Force them to eliminate them and come up with better games. Geesh! If EIPIX can provide great games without all the gimmicks - why can't the other devs? Same old, same old formula games - Female protagonist fights evil with some stupid little helper with HOP and puzzles scenes illustrated in story books.

Edited on 10/10/2014 at 5:56:39 PM PST

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

How Come?

[Post New]by Jurinne on Oct 9, 14 12:07 PM
catbag8717 wrote:(I got back a few minutes ago, woooo)

I was wondering the same thing - "Editor's Pick"? With this game?!? I thought I must be stupid or super-picky or something when I started playing it and noticed all the problems. This game is just like a million others. There is nothing special or better about it and there are far better games. When I read those glowing statements, I thought this must the game of the year or something and then it started off just like so many others.

I do NOT want to see my name and comment for a beta test used on the game page. How do they get those names, anyway? I've never been asked for my name when I beta test a game - they have my email address and that's it.

Do they even have access to our real names?

Edit: I guess it's "Editor's Choice". Whatever.

Edited on 10/09/2014 at 12:13:01 PM PST

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Oct 9, 14 12:09 PM
Hey! I just turned into a clownfish!

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Oct 9, 14 12:23 PM
Continuing on my rant LOL. Boy - I missed this one - shame on "moi." And thanks to catbag 8717 for initiating this forum.

Why - BF - is it perfectly acceptable for the beginning "blurb" about the game to list the comments from the BETA testers - but we are NOT ALLOWED to do so under the reviews? Huh?

[Removed by Moderator]

Second - where are the negative beta reviews for this game? It seems BF only uses the "glowing" reviews from beta testers?

Edited on 10/09/2014 at 3:04:24 PM PST

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Oct 9, 14 1:42 PM
BF is definitely pushing this particular game for some reason. On the Big Fish Games Facebook page, Jessica (the one who does the weekly release videos) has a special video posted just for this game. Jessica claims it's the best game she's ever played and she gushes with excitement over it. I'm not sure I have ever seen BF promote a game so much, and with glowing reviews and recommendations. With the exception of course to their yearly Mystery Case Files game hints usually starting on Halloween (actually just the speculation thread).

I am wondering if BF liked the game enough to release it, but possibly with an addendum from the developer to promote it? We really don't have a clue what their contract is with each developers.

If I decide to buy the game, I will, but only because I like it and not because BF is making such a big to do over it.

Badgerrrt
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Badgerrrt on Oct 9, 14 2:08 PM
Jurinne wrote:Hey! I just turned into a clownfish!

HeHeHe.....I turned into a SQUID the other day!

Go to: