frosteen
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

Gold Thread

[Post New]by frosteen on Oct 9, 14 8:27 AM
I am work now (goofing off while the boss is away) so I don't remember what level I am on (maybe 10?? just opened the windmill but I don't have enough resources to access so I am gathering the items). I played a few nights ago and got the golden thread, but no idea what or where to take it. Any ideas?

P.S. In response to another thread, I kinda of like this game. I play a lot of other FTP games (I think 9 at last count) so I don't might the energy draining. I just jump from game to game and play each one time before my hands start to ache anyway!!! Someone in other of the other game forums suggested it to those of us who were bored waiting for an update. Don't remember who it was or what game forum - but I would like to thank them.

nedp
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

Re:Gold Thread

[Post New]by nedp on Oct 10, 14 2:51 AM
you're welcome!... and as for the thread I cant remember if I used it for a quest but I know you shall need it for the activators on collections

Edited on 10/10/2014 at 6:30:06 AM PST

frosteen
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by frosteen on Nov 20, 14 7:56 AM
Anyone remember what to do with the gold thread? It is over a month, I still have the gold thread, and no idea where to use it. The other "old" remaining quest is to create something from the collection (sorry, don't remember what exactly, but it looks like a box). I still have to get a red ribbon to complete the collection. Maybe that is what is missing?
I tried to use it with the Leprechaun because it seems to sparkle near there, but it does not drop.
Any ideas?

P.S. Happy (early) Thanksgiving to my fellow Americans!

frosteen
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by frosteen on Nov 23, 14 8:18 AM
Still stuck. I finally completed the collection item - excorcist box? Now the golden yard quest comes up, I went to the gate where the leprachaun is, and I can't seem to drop the item. Any help would be great. [Excuse spelling]

Tazzz21
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by Tazzz21 on Nov 28, 14 2:10 PM
do you mean the golden ball of yarn? i just finished that this evening. you walk past the leprechaun through the gates and drop the yarn in the labyrint. then it will roll on its own and you just have to follow it to find the minotaur.

frosteen
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by frosteen on Dec 12, 14 4:29 PM
The room to the left?? Or just on the ground??
I am not sure where to drop the thread. When I click on the !, it circles the middle of the gate but nowhere to drop it. I am sure it is really easy, but I am struggling.

[Post New]by Adrastea_Lyrae on Dec 15, 14 2:26 AM
I'm not sure if this will help or not, but I know it tripped me up a bit when I first got there, so this is what I figured out eventually:

There are TWO similar but not identical items that you can get when the Labyrinth is open - first there's the "Golden THREAD," and then the "Golden YARN." (Which is at least once I seem to recall called "The Golden CLEW," just to make things even worse!)

The "Golden Thread" looks like thread wound on a cylindrical spool; it is used to activate collections. If that's what you've got, it will do you absolutely no good at all to take it to the Labyrinth; you will never get anywhere with it. You can check the picture of the item you've got against the Collections menu; if you see anything that says "1/4" or whatever next to the picture that matches your item, that's your biggest hint that this is the Thread, not the Yarn. There is only ONE Golden Yarn ever.

The "Golden Yarn" meanwhile looks like a literal ball of yarn, a sphere of solid yarn wrapped only around itself, with no spool or anything in the center. When you get it (I don't remember specifically how, sorry, I think it may have been in some other plot-related box or hole in the wall or something that you needed another quest item to open) I think it should pop up the "You got an incredible thing" notice that comes up with plot-related items, and then you go into the Labyrinth and if I remember right it will automatically drop into the screen and show you the path to follow, I don't even think you need to select it (though you might... but the point is, something will actually happen, unlike with the Golden Thread). So I think what may be happening here is that you haven't had the right quest yet to get the "Golden Yarn," and you've instead got the "Golden Thread" and will have to wait until the right quest pops up.

I hope this turns out to solve your problem! I know I saw the "Golden Thread" pop up and was very confused at first when nothing happened in the Labyrinth. I personally think they should have not had two such similar things for totally different purposes (but then as far as I'm concerned the entire concept of requiring activation items for the collections is total bunk anyway, so...)

Oh, I just realized there may be something else at work; if you DO have the Yarn and are on the screen with the leprechaun, you have to go through the gate before the yarn will do anything. Click on the middle of the gate first to go to the next screen, then see!

Edited on 12/15/2014 at 2:38:51 AM PST

frosteen
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by frosteen on Dec 15, 14 4:48 PM
I definitely have the Golden Yarn (ball). I cannot open the gate. I clicked on the middle of the gate and it opens to some sort of gate lock. it looks like a piece of the gate lock is missing but that quest is zzzzz. Maybe I need to complete one of the pending quests first?

[Post New]by Adrastea_Lyrae on Dec 15, 14 10:17 PM
Oh, if you haven't got the gate open yet, then yes, that does need to be done first. I guess I just got the quests in a different order than you did, since I had the gate open long before I got the Golden Yarn (and I even tried wandering around the Labyrinth without it for a while just to see if I could get anywhere by guesswork - nope, of course it kept dumping me back at the entrance )

I don't remember which quest it is that gets the gate open, unfortunately; all I can suggest now is that in my case I know that what tends to happen is I'll do about 500 totally unrelated quests for the map characters (who are seemingly incapable of doing anything at all for themselves) until finally one of them is like "Oh, you needed this old thing I've had lying around for the last month? Why didn't you say so?" and that will trigger a bunch of plot quests and I'll finally get through maybe a half-dozen of them, yay~~ (racking up of course three dozen MORE in the process)... until it's time to sit through 500 unrelated quests again. So basically the format is Do Lots And Lots Of Nothing, and then Burst of Plot! ...and then Lots And Lots Of Nothing again. The only option seems to be patience. Lots and lots and LOTS of patience. And maybe some cursing...

frosteen
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by frosteen on Dec 16, 14 5:21 AM
thanks for the info. I have some boring quests now. Patience is definitely key in all the FTP games

Go to: