well that was just dumb of me

[Post New]by hellsfury64 on Oct 9, 14 3:57 PM
As a hint to others, don't collect the collection if there is a quest out there for it without going and clicking on the quest. I got the collection, but no credit for finishing,so.. I still have to do the quest. It was easy enough to get the item, but now I need to find the extras at collection level or find the item or rather items as I used up two, to defeat two skeletons. I was afraid they'd get used up and I couldn't do the collection. Had I had a brain and looked again first, it would have saved me! Part two was to activate but I had forgotten that. Duh!

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

Re:well that was just dumb of me

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Oct 9, 14 5:06 PM
Aw I'm so sorry you got caught out You're not dumb, just think of yourself as a super efficient maverick

I have got caught out so many times playing this type of game and getting penalised by not waiting for a task that now I only won't do anything until asked... including the grocery shopping and chores in real life

[Post New]by hellsfury64 on Oct 11, 14 2:03 AM
Sweet of you to say! I now have four collections with just an item or two to collect and I'm afraid to finish them even though they blink away at me. I keep waiting for a quest to pop up. Has anyone found out if there are any more quests for collections out there?

nedp
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by nedp on Oct 11, 14 5:28 AM
there are some asking for collections, its seems what it pays out in comparison to what you give up in activators is not worth it, at the moment im just letting them accumulate until I can claim them without leaving myself short, should a quest pop up and I have to spend a week trying to make up lost ground

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Oct 11, 14 7:22 AM
I'm not sure where you are up to Fury, but I finally crumbled and bought the spindle I needed to finish the Little Saboteurs collection. That finally broke the deadlock for me and I was able to wake Sleeping Beauty. Now I have a quest to activate the Magic Butterfly collection, so I assume the collection quests will eventually appear in their own time.

I have 10 collections which say ready and only activation quests for 2 of them. 4 of those collections have been activated once. If the charges weren't as rare as hen's teeth, I'd activate those now and get the lovely rewards... but I just know I'll be kicking myself later if I do that, when I'm a candle short for a new collection

[Post New]by hellsfury64 on Oct 11, 14 2:56 PM
I just went from skeleton to skeleton selecting each one until I found one with a candle in the list and battled him. It worked! I actually won the candle on the first try! I guess I won't go activating them unless I have a quest for it after reading the replies though.

Go to: