tonight's update

basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

tonight's update

[Post New]by basmith12 on Oct 9, 14 6:12 PM
I just downloaded the update which showed in manager and there is no change at all in my game. Any ideas? Anyone?

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

Re:tonight's update

[Post New]by cat52 on Oct 9, 14 6:16 PM
beats me! i don't see anything different either.

fourseas
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by fourseas on Oct 9, 14 6:18 PM
I heard that last year the Halloween update didn't start util the 15th and ran until the 31st.
Maybe they have us just update ready?

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Oct 9, 14 6:20 PM
Now I'm trying to remember because I was playing last year and I cannot remember if the Halloween update was loaded as early as this before it "triggered" the game. Wish my memory was better! You may very well be right!

SMF40
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by SMF40 on Oct 9, 14 6:33 PM
They did not have us "pre-update" last year. We got notice of an update, and when we downloaded it and invoked the game, Halloween was there. Can't figure this one.

susan3
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by susan3 on Oct 9, 14 6:44 PM
If I recall correctly at Easter when we did the update all it seemed we got was the hunter's house, and then later the Easter goodies were triggered without an update so am guessing that it was installed in the earlier update and triggered later? Can anyone confirm this, my memory isn't so good at the moment

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 9, 14 7:06 PM
On the main game page are new screen shots for Halloween, so this is definitely the update for Halloween.
Usually, these themed extras last for about 2 weeks, and since Halloween isn't for another 20 days, I assume that the Halloween theme isn't triggered for another 6 days or so.

Also, keine Panik auf der Titanic.

EwaZofia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by EwaZofia on Oct 10, 14 5:08 AM
I changed my system's date to November 1 and nothing happened. Still no change from the previous version. I think it's some kind of a hiccup.

Edited on 10/10/2014 at 5:08:43 AM PST

[Post New]by SkySkimmer98 on Oct 10, 14 5:09 AM
I downloaded update last night and did not see
a change.

Edited on 10/10/2014 at 5:09:56 AM PST

trixiebubbles
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,085 Posts

[Post New]by trixiebubbles on Oct 10, 14 5:46 AM
I noticed that we can no longer add items from the special collections to our Wish Lists...wish I'd spotted it before I removed a couple of Halloween items

I think the release days before an event is a move in the right direction...If any major glitches pop up, there may be time to fix them before the event occurs....

Did Ipad users get the update?

[Post New]by Starfire_619 on Oct 10, 14 8:30 AM
I found the answer!

bfgLianorm
89 Posts
Re:New UPDATE Available For - Found: A Hidden Object Adventure (PC) - August 19, 2014

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Oct 10, 14 5:58 AM
Hey there Everyone!

I have great news! After a bit of waiting, a new version of Found: A Hidden Object Adventure is now available on the website. This update includes:

- Halloween Content
- Some bug fixes

This update should show up on the left-hand side of your Big Fish Games app under 'Updates.' If you're not seeing that, just follow the steps below:

1) Open your app and make sure you're signed into your account.
2) Click on the 'Options' COG on the top right-hand side of your screen.
3) Click on the 'Downloads' tab.
4) Select 'Manually' and click 'Check For Updates.'

If you are still running into issues after installing that update, please contact our Tech Support Team so we can look into those.

Thank you again for your patience everyone!

bfgLianorm

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Oct 10, 14 9:43 AM
I posted this in the Halloween thread, thought it might pertain here also....

I went into my game folder, and looked around. And I did see some new Halloween related items

I looked in: Found-A hidden object adventure\assets\game\item\misc

The black lollipop is still there from last year, that's the only thing from then.

New: Burning Candle- A gold hand with candles for fingers
Guardian Witch- What looks like a necklace pendant w/ a green stone
Lollipop- An orange melting pumpkin
Magic Hat- A Blue witch's hat

GameJack
Clownfish
Clownfish
801 Posts

[Post New]by GameJack on Oct 10, 14 9:57 AM
HoosierAmy wrote:I posted this in the Halloween thread, thought it might pertain here also....

I went into my game folder, and looked around. And I did see some new Halloween related items

I looked in: Found-A hidden object adventure\assets\game\item\misc

The black lollipop is still there from last year, that's the only thing from then.

New: Burning Candle- A gold hand with candles for fingers
Guardian Witch- What looks like a necklace pendant w/ a green stone
Lollipop- An orange melting pumpkin
Magic Hat- A Blue witch's hat

I any of this content showing up yet? I can't tell any change at all.

[Post New]by cmclady on Oct 10, 14 11:45 AM
I must be going mad! Where do I find it? Message says to look in games manager but where is games manager?
Sorry but I only play these games, I'm not computer literate!

cmclady

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Oct 10, 14 12:09 PM
To EwaZofia:

You might want to try a date like October 20th. November 1 is, technically, AFTER Halloween, and the special would probably have ended at midnight.

I use my computer part-time for some free-lance work, so I'm not free to play with the dates.

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Oct 10, 14 12:25 PM
Since we have to play online now, changing the dates will not work.

~Gamejack, they aren't showing in game, just that they were installed on our PC's with the update. Will be triggered into play when the date they set up arrives.

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on Oct 10, 14 2:19 PM
cmclady wrote:I must be going mad! Where do I find it? Message says to look in games manager but where is games manager?
Sorry but I only play these games, I'm not computer literate!

cmclady
no i am not very good with computers either but game manager is what you use to download or delete games from big fish i opened that and the update was waiting good luck

[Post New]by NorthStorm on Oct 10, 14 3:43 PM
I now realise that my game doesn't minimize itself anymore, this used to happen even when I was playing HO scenes. Now I haven't had that trouble (know on wood)

buckingham
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by buckingham on Oct 10, 14 9:45 PM
Re:Getting Ready for Halloween

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Oct 10, 14 11:22 AM
Hi there everyone,

I just wanted to stop and help to sort out what's going on with the Halloween content that we mentioned with this recent update.

While the Halloween content has been added, it will be released in the game very soon. So be sure to continue playing to help keep an eye out for when it's released.

bfgLianorm

this was in a different thread just thought u all would like to see it so we will have to wait for the date not sure when that will be but i think it will be about the 16 oct

Edited on 10/10/2014 at 9:46:44 PM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Oct 11, 14 9:14 AM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to swim by and let you know that additional information for the recent update has been added.

We just found out about a few more fun things with this recent update, so you'll want to be sure to check the New Update thread to see what else has been added.

bfgLianorm

Go to: