SweetNellyBly
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

To Devs bfgWendwater, bfgMurrumbidgee, bfgVaiya, bfgGlithui and any other Dev

[Post New]by SweetNellyBly on Oct 9, 14 10:23 PM
I'm very upset, it took me a month to complete the latest update and now crafted items have disappeared - I want them back!

On 10/08 at 10:15 pm I completed Level 44 to the end, I was making rounds tonight and just for kicks clicked on the Knight who showed I still needed two Ocean Rulers Charms and one Messengers Helmet, can't see the rest of the quests until I AGAIN RAISE COIN AND STAMPS to complete Ocean Rulers Charm. Healers Folio, Drop of Time and Mantle of Evil are not in my inventory so I have to assume they are gone as well.

ID

My game went from 3085/3520 to 2725/3520 if you can take it away you can put it back, I don't care if I ever see or play the tournament!

Devs will one of you respond, are you going to restore my game or not?

Edited on 10/31/2014 at 8:41:13 PM PST

jemom2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:To Devs bfgWendwater, bfgMurrumbidgee, bfgVaiya, bfgGlithui and any other Dev

[Post New]by jemom2 on Oct 10, 14 1:15 AM
It was around the exact same date and time that I lost all my progress. I am curious how you finished level 44. I can't finish until an update occurs, how is it you can? Please let me know as maybe there is something about the game that I don't understand or am missing.

bayouguy
Clownfish
Clownfish
815 Posts

Re:To Devs bfgWendwater, bfgMurrumbidgee, bfgVaiya, bfgGlithui and any other Dev

[Post New]by bayouguy on Oct 10, 14 6:16 AM
My guess is that SweetNelly completed what there was to complete not actually advanced to level 45. If you look at the scores she included those are the same for all of us have gotten to the "end" of level 44. Capiche?

Gonzo

jemom2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jemom2 on Oct 10, 14 5:43 PM
thanks Gonzo. I think I was too tired to really put it all together. Would really like to get the next update soon. i AM Getting bored. Do you really think we will ever really have a regular working tournament? I like the new scenes and to challenge myself to get better and better. Hard to do when you only get to play once per week.

[Post New]by llaurelwreath on Oct 10, 14 5:58 PM
Sweet Nel,

Is there anything I can do to help you out? I won a healers folio on the wheel yesterday. you can have it if you put it on your wish list. I was gonna gift you tonight anyway.

Laura

Edited on 10/10/2014 at 6:00:49 PM PST

SweetNellyBly
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by SweetNellyBly on Oct 10, 14 6:41 PM
llaurelwreath wrote:Sweet Nel,

Is there anything I can do to help you out? I won a healers folio on the wheel yesterday. you can have it if you put it on your wish list. I was gonna gift you tonight anyway.

Laura

Thanks Laura, I will add, was hoping for a response from the Devs. If this new release doesn't restore my game I will be leaving MC.

SweetNellyBly
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by SweetNellyBly on Oct 10, 14 7:01 PM
The update changed nothing I'm still missing crafted items and still can't play in the tournament or even see a list of winners.

let me know if you are going to restore me game or not..so I can move on either way.

Edited on 10/31/2014 at 8:42:54 PM PST

[Post New]by llaurelwreath on Oct 10, 14 8:07 PM
SweetNel,

did you also post it in the tech issues thread? I think the update today was supposed to prevent the inventory losses in future but it very likely won't restore what was lost.

the new update today didn't change a thing about the way the tournament is currently behaving. The next tournament will be Monday, I hear.

Edited on 10/10/2014 at 8:10:10 PM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Oct 12, 14 2:55 PM
Hey SweetNellyBly

I'm really sorry to see this happened! Unfortunately, we're unable to troubleshoot issues like this through the forums.

Your best bet is going to be contacting Tech Support HERE with your Friend Code. If something can be done, our Reps will be more than happy to help in any way.

I really hope this helps!

bfgVaiya

SweetNellyBly
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by SweetNellyBly on Oct 12, 14 4:56 PM
Thanks for the responses, I did hear from BFG who stated that it would have to be Elephant that replaced my items, but it will be Tues before they can be contacted. BFG thinks the problem was for those of us that use WiFi, not sure how this would affect the game; satellite or cable, someone thought it might have been caused by a power outage but I didn't have an outage plus I have a fully charged battery.

Game gets more glitchy (is that a word) with every update.

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Oct 13, 14 8:56 AM
Just swimming by to make tazruby2000's helpful link clickable!

bfgGlithui

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Oct 15, 14 4:17 PM
bfgGlithui,
Having the link clickable helps, but it would really be useful to have the backup thread included in the Helpful Links thread. It's becoming a necessity to have our own backups because of whatever problems are losing people's progress. Until there's a cloud backup as part of the game, tazruby's thread is the best thing we've got. Please add it to a place where it's easily found.
thanks
Rose

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Oct 16, 14 1:40 PM
Hi rosiebvt,

The steps in that thread to back up the save data are indeed really helpful, but it's not a guarantee that the steps will help everyone to back up their games since there are various computer configurations that are available.

Since we're unable to verify that the steps are guaranteed to work to restore the game for every system out there, we're unable to add it to the Helpful Links thread at this time.

I hope this helps, but you can definitely PM me or one of the Mods if there are still questions!

bfgGlithui

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Oct 16, 14 2:15 PM
I am not claiming to be an expert on this issue, however saving your profile for MC which is on your computer does not save your inventory, quests completed, achievements completed or other game related items. It saves your actual profile which is how you access your game save on the server…so doing this before and after an update is very important due to changes in the server saves….but just because you complete a quest, achievement, win or craft a good item, doing this is not guarantee it will be saved, if you have signed off the game properly it should be saved on the server. Of course with any type of computer/server there will always be a certain number of completely unforeseen and unpreventable failures.

From what I can tell your actual advancements in the game are only saved on the server when you exit the game properly, this triggers your game to be saved on the server. So until they make some changes to the way your game is saved, I would highly recommend, if you finish a rather difficult quest, craft or win a great item, complete a full found of HOS, etc, I would suggest you sign out of the game, triggering the “server save”.

I would like to suggest to the Developers to add a simple save button in the Setting area of the game itself, so players could trigger an actual data save perhaps a few times while they are active in the Castle for long periods of time or make advancement. If there was at least an in game save button this could give the players the chance to save their progress without having to sign out of the game which is a pain to sign out and back in just to assure you wont lose something valuable or lose progress!

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Oct 16, 14 2:26 PM
I am mostly computer illiterate, but here's my question. My computer recently died for good and I had to get another one. Thankfully, I back my game up frequently per Tazruby. When I redownloaded the game manager and Midnight Castle, I was back at the beginning of the game. I copied my saved folder, and my game (complete with inventory and coins) was back. My profile didn't change. If my computer simply saves the profile, how was I able to get my game back by using Tazruby's method?

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Oct 16, 14 2:31 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:I am mostly computer illiterate, but here's my question. My computer recently died for good and I had to get another one. Thankfully, I back my game up frequently per Tazruby. When I redownloaded the game manager and Midnight Castle, I was back at the beginning of the game. I copied my saved folder, and my game (complete with inventory and coins) was back. My profile didn't change. If my computer simply saves the profile, how was I able to get my game back by using Tazruby's method?

Because what is saved on your computer is your actual game profile which "finds" your saved game on the server where everything you have accomplished in the game is saved!

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Oct 16, 14 3:17 PM
Bedazzles wrote:I am not claiming to be an expert on this issue, however saving your profile for MC which is on your computer does not save your inventory, quests completed, achievements completed or other game related items. It saves your actual profile which is how you access your game save on the server…so doing this before and after an update is very important due to changes in the server saves….but just because you complete a quest, achievement, win or craft a good item, doing this is not guarantee it will be saved, if you have signed off the game properly it should be saved on the server. Of course with any type of computer/server there will always be a certain number of completely unforeseen and unpreventable failures.

From what I can tell your actual advancements in the game are only saved on the server when you exit the game properly, this triggers your game to be saved on the server. So until they make some changes to the way your game is saved, I would highly recommend, if you finish a rather difficult quest, craft or win a great item, complete a full found of HOS, etc, I would suggest you sign out of the game, triggering the “server save”.

I would like to suggest to the Developers to add a simple save button in the Setting area of the game itself, so players could trigger an actual data save perhaps a few times while they are active in the Castle for long periods of time or make advancement. If there was at least an in game save button this could give the players the chance to save their progress without having to sign out of the game which is a pain to sign out and back in just to assure you wont lose something valuable or lose progress!
If you look at the game save as you level up, complete quest, gain inventory and etc, it goes up in size so the game save does save your progress. In the past the game relied more on the server as the game save only had 2 files with no save file. A recent update added a 3rd file for the game save, a save file that save the progress in the game. I have been working with computer for over 20 years so I do know quite a bit about computer and files.

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Oct 16, 14 4:07 PM
Tazruby...Thanks...

I am not saying players should not do your backup method, I was in the process of posting again stating how important, when I saw you had posted....but the server save is only done when you exit the game properly....so if you are booted off the server you will lose progress you have completed while playing. So signing out after finishing a large quest, getting a good item, or whatever it is is can also be very important. Then do your backup.

Some players will stay connected all day and not even sign out so if they get booted after hours of play, even if they did your backup they will still lose all of their progress. At least from what I can tell. Please correct me if I am wrong on this...because if it was actually saved on your computer, when you got logged back in wouldnt it still be there? Since it is not there...it is the server save not your computer that is causing loss of inventory. So properly signing out frequently and backing up regularly would help prevent some, but not all loses as there will always be some technical glitches.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Oct 16, 14 4:31 PM
Forgive me for seeming incredibly dense. In the new computer scenario, if the game is saved on the server, why wouldn't I get it back when I sign into BF? Isn't that my profile, my name and password? Exactly what info is saved on their server and what info is saved on my computer?

I just want to be as sure as I can possibly be that my progress in the game is saved.

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Oct 16, 14 4:40 PM
If they saved the game before playing, all that progress would be safe. If they would leave the game up and running and the game logged them out, I could see the progress not being saved since the game would not recognize as a exit game. I have had the game not save but it was only selling inventory for coins, It happened after I clicked on the gear icon and the game just closed, the screen with the exit game didn't show. The losing of the inventory could be caused by many things as the files are changed and bugs will appear. (Example) I play My Singing Monsters, I started when the pc version came out and everything was fine. I downloaded a update in December and had choppy audio, not to many had the problem but a few. They adjusted a misaligned cursor and that thrown everything out of whack. That just shows that there may be problems with the way the OS, computer configurations and game could be causing some of the issues. But I would say most of it is the way the game is programmed and is not properly tested it before releasing it.

Go to: