catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Maestro: Dark Talent here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Oct 10, 14 1:02 AM
A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 10/10/2014 at 5:54:39 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Maestro: Dark Talent here!

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Oct 10, 14 5:55 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Maestro: Dark Talent here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Maestro: Dark Talent.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

Edited on 11/05/2014 at 10:11:41 AM PST

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Oct 10, 14 10:01 AM
Based on the demo:

Here is a Halloween treat from our favorite bunny! Or is it a trick?

I played the easiest level.

Hint button recharges in about 30 seconds.
Skip button fills in about 60 seconds.

There are +items in the inventory. They are marked with little gears in the corner.

I like:

1. I did not see any sort of helper, cutesy or otherwise.
2. I liked the puzzles. And that is rare for me.
3. HOPS are interactive but not difficult. I enjoyed solving them.
4. The inventory can be locked.
5. Graphics are very nice although I didn't see any of the art nouveau ERS usually has in its games and which I really like. Perhaps that will show up later.
6. I played the entire demo without any glitches.

I didn't like:

1. Game play is a bit clunky at times.

==>SPOILER<== (highlight to read):
You will receive a medallion which needs to be recharged with crystals every time you use it. The crystals are hidden around the city. So there is a helping contraption of sorts, which I think we have been seeing in a lot of games.

I like this game. I haven't been interested in the CE versions from this developer lately but the SE seems just fine. I don't know how long the game is or anything that happens beyond the demo. I will wait until I can purchase this as a credit.

I think this is definitely a treat.

Happy gaming!!

Edited on 10/10/2014 at 1:28:07 PM PST

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for Maestro: Dark Talent here!

[Post New]by roaming on Oct 10, 14 10:20 PM
BASED ON DEMO ONLY: This seems to be one of the best of the offerings we've had lately, at least for me. Playing on the easiest level, the hint and skip buttons filled quickly enough, although I do wish this developer would give players a choice of custom settings as some others have done. I did run across a couple of mini-games that gave no instruction nor could they be skipped, but those were straightforward enough to figure out what to do.

Like Jurinne, I thought the game was a bit clunky at times, especially following the cut scenes.

I think some fishies will find this game too easy for their tastes, but I'm happy to have a game that doesn't involve fairies, talking piggy banks, nor HOS that cause me to go blind looking for objects.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Oct 13, 14 7:31 PM
I have this whole series and have really enjoyed them, however this one appeared to be a bit short (SE), and I was surprised. This game also didn't seem to be quite the quality..sort of like someone just threw it together because they had to produce another game quickly.

I actually got a bit bored working my way through. The transporter map was a bit difficult to use, however the hint refreshed quick enough to use it to move around instead...and it was a bit more acurate.

Mini puzzles were downright boring, old games in new style. The skip refershed quite quickly so I was able to move on without doing the real tedious ones.

Story has been used before...a lot....so that didn't even make the game more interesting. Characters really didn't move at all...no annimation. Wierd game. Just glad I got it with a game credit. I think I would have been really disappointed if I had paid for this one.

Fifiluna614
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Fifiluna614 on Oct 14, 14 3:36 PM
The game is fun to play, but WAY too short! In fact when it suddenly ended I couldn't believe that was all there was to it - ERS usually gives us a lot more game. Also, I found the map to be next to useless.

[Post New]by glitterbutterfly on Oct 14, 14 6:41 PM
Far too short. I enjoyed it but if I hadn't used a credit, or if I'd bought the CE, I'd be very angry.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Dec 20, 14 7:18 AM
bessiegirl wrote:I have this whole series and have really enjoyed them, however this one appeared to be a bit short (SE), and I was surprised. This game also didn't seem to be quite the quality..sort of like someone just threw it together because they had to produce another game quickly.

I actually got a bit bored working my way through. The transporter map was a bit difficult to use, however the hint refreshed quick enough to use it to move around instead...and it was a bit more acurate.

Mini puzzles were downright boring, old games in new style. The skip refershed quite quickly so I was able to move on without doing the real tedious ones.

Story has been used before...a lot....so that didn't even make the game more interesting. Characters really didn't move at all...no annimation. Wierd game. Just glad I got it with a game credit. I think I would have been really disappointed if I had paid for this one.

I completely agree with this review

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Mar 22, 15 4:56 AM

I enjoyed the game, have the rest in this series, but thought this one was very short in comparison.

Nothing startlingly new in this one but, nevertheless, a good quality game.

Go to: