SuzeyQueue
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

Browser or Game Manager?

[Post New]by SuzeyQueue on Oct 10, 14 12:11 PM
Do you find it easier to play from your Internet Browser or from the BigFish Game Manager on your computer Desktop?

Jarrow
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

Re:Browser or Game Manager?

[Post New]by Jarrow on Oct 10, 14 12:13 PM
Suzey,
I find it easier to play from the browser. The main reason being that it is easier to refresh to look for more neighbor's to help on their dragon feeding and expeditions.

I also am generally have more than one game going in the browser so I move back and forth as time allows.

SuzeyQueue
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by SuzeyQueue on Oct 10, 14 12:19 PM
You're a double gamer??!!??

Wow! That's amazing. Another online one at BigFish?

Hallb3r
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by Hallb3r on Oct 10, 14 12:21 PM
Browser for me too. I like the Game Manager but some of the games are real space and memory hogs!

Jarrow
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

[Post New]by Jarrow on Oct 10, 14 12:31 PM
I have gotten hooked on Farmerama. I like the farming games and this one has daily challenges for experience and in game coins. I am a pretty low level player right now, but working on moving up.

The game originates in Germany but presents to me in English since I am running it through BF. From the developers portal, you have a choice of many languages but don't get the BF discount on purchases. They have a very active forum on their portal as the BF forum is not well attended at the moment. Lots of help and some of the kind of stuff that Zitron and others have put in our wiki available as FAQs with pictures.

Items take time to grow, so I can easily flip back and forth between the games in order to plant and then search.

rheashard2
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by rheashard2 on Oct 10, 14 12:32 PM
Jarrow wrote:Suzey,
I find it easier to play from the browser. The main reason being that it is easier to refresh to look for more neighbor's to help on their dragon feeding and expeditions.

I also am generally have more than one game going in the browser so I move back and forth as time allows.

I do the same thing. I find that the Game Manager will run slower then the browser.

SuzeyQueue
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by SuzeyQueue on Oct 10, 14 12:44 PM
Jarrow wrote:I have gotten hooked on Farmerama. I like the farming games and this one has daily challenges for experience and in game coins. I am a pretty low level player right now, but working on moving up.

I love the farming games. Farm Craft was one of my favorite ones. Haven't tried Farmerama. Will check it out.

The farming games are so much fun that when we purchased our home last year, we were blessed to have 1/3 acre of dirt. I spent February designing my backyard and now have a mini farm replete with chickens! One day, as promised to DoubtMary, I AM going to get the before and after photos up on a website.

It seems like Browser gaming is preferable. I found that the Game Manager messes up the in-game message system and the Child Chat. I prefer browsers, too.

Crow12000
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by Crow12000 on Oct 10, 14 1:35 PM
I play browser I have to use the game manager for some other purchased games but I don't want to do so for this one.

You know it's funny I farm in RL it's what my family does but I still like farming games as well. Actually I wish farming was as easy in RL as it is in games.

SuzeyQueue
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by SuzeyQueue on Oct 10, 14 2:19 PM
Crow12000 wrote:You know it's funny I farm in RL it's what my family does but I still like farming games as well. Actually I wish farming was as easy in RL as it is in games.

I hear you! I'm so disgusted with the amount of squash beetles that destroyed my squash/melon patch. And the aphids that wrecked my plum production. And now my cauliflower is loaded with little green guys! And lets not get going on grasshoppers!

My problem is that I don't enjoy doing the pesticide thing because I'm going to be eating the food. So alternate ways of dealing with them is an ongoing learning experience.

What do you farm? And is that why you are named Crow?

Go to: