chain in first bonus chapter

[Post New]by rubydeewaltz on Oct 11, 14 6:14 PM
I can't get the chain in the first bonus chapter. I still have 2 links and it says chain. there is no chain to pick up. Glitch? Someone please help!

TimeKilla
Herring
Herring
399 Posts

Re:chain in first bonus chapter

[Post New]by TimeKilla on Oct 11, 14 11:54 PM
I've got the same issue. Hint is no help. Within the HO it says there is nothing to do. If I exit the HO, the hint says to go back there. There are no hot spots. It's very frustrating.

Sandisam
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Sandisam on Oct 12, 14 11:43 AM
I am having the same problem. I really don't want to have to start this thing over.

[Post New]by rubydeewaltz on Oct 12, 14 12:05 PM
I agree. hopefully they will give us a patch or fix it so we can start over the bonus chapters only, not the whole game!

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Oct 13, 14 10:20 AM
Hey there

I'm really sorry to see there's trouble with the chain in the bonus chapter! It's never fun to have something preventing you from finishing the bonus chapter

I've gone ahead and forwarded this along, and hopefully we can get a fix for this issue soon. Once we know more, an announcement will be made.

bfgVaiya

blessed34
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by blessed34 on Oct 13, 14 7:29 PM
I have the same problem!

[Post New]by PatriciaBaxter on Oct 14, 14 6:30 AM
TimeKilla wrote:I've got the same issue. Hint is no help. Within the HO it says there is nothing to do. If I exit the HO, the hint says to go back there. There are no hot spots. It's very frustrating.

I have the same problem the chain was about completed and then it disappeared and the hint says continue I can't and am now stuck in the bonus game and can get no further. Have tried exiting and going back in still makes no difference.

[Post New]by littlelambxx on Oct 14, 14 12:19 PM
Yes I have the same problem

[Post New]by katnet44 on Oct 15, 14 10:41 AM
I have the same issue. Hopefully a fix soon. It was a great game.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Oct 15, 14 10:42 AM
Add me to the list with the same problem

Kyttynjirr
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Kyttynjirr on Oct 16, 14 10:05 AM
Same problem here. Hoping for a fix soon -- I want to see what happens!

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Oct 17, 14 1:20 AM
Same here. This is a major, show-stopping bug and the devs need to know that it's not the only bug I encountered in order to try to move the game on at this stage.

Having tried and failed to get the chain from the hidden object game due to the first bug, you can then click on the map and transport back to the previous scene - which shouldn't be possible because you become even more stuck. You no longer have the little scarecrow character anymore to get through the gap in the gateway. Clicking on the Hint button when in the chain HOG, states that no further action can be taken and similarly, if you transport back to the previous scene using the map, the hint also states there is no further action whatsoever.

What is most disappointing is that even with a fix, there is no way to get back to this same scene without first redoing all the initial part of the game in order to get to the bonus chapter. So I've deleted it as I don't have the patience to start again. Such a pity because in every other way, it is a great game worthy of 5 stars in my estimation.

[Post New]by sillymeyer on Oct 17, 14 9:13 PM
I'm having the same issue as well.

briteyz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

chain in first bonus chapter

[Post New]by briteyz on Oct 19, 14 5:08 PM
same problem. it says "chain" and I have 2 pieces left. Can't do anything. VERY frustrating!!!

[Post New]by tessemma on Oct 20, 14 10:05 AM
Same issue with chain. Very frustrating! Hope there's a fix soon!

charlene_lane
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by charlene_lane on Oct 20, 14 11:16 PM
I've just had the same problem and I cannot proceed. I've now given up. With all the glitches of being thrown out of the game and now I cannot proceed with the bonus, I've deleted the game. I'M DONE. NEVER AGAIN.

Sjlovescc
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Sjlovescc on Oct 22, 14 6:21 PM
Same problem here, two bits of chain; nothing to do with them, hint circles HOG however hit within HOG says nothing more to do here. Grrrrr

Sweetjuli
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Sweetjuli on Oct 30, 14 1:07 PM
same problem here also,two pieces of chain and can not do anything with them or go any where else, need a fix for this glitch,thanks, has been a fun game until now!

Re:chain in first bonus chapter - the same problem

[Post New]by Cinderella17 on Oct 31, 14 4:52 AM
HI, have the same Problem like all the other fishies (two chain links resting, unable to continue game). Hope there will be a fix SOON, otherwise I will ask a refund.

[Post New]by burningbright on Nov 7, 14 8:44 AM
In the hope that a BFG mod is still checking in at this thread:

Is there any game update on the horizon to deal with this problem? I, like others, am very frustrated to have paid for a CE and not actually be able to play the extra content. It's especially frustrating since this game was spotlighted as an "Editor's Choice." Enjoyable as it is, it shouldn't have been advertised that way with as many bugs and glitches as it apparently has.

Go to: