catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Shrouded Tales: The Spellbound Land here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Oct 12, 14 12:46 AM
A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 10/12/2014 at 5:51:47 AM PST

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Shrouded Tales: The Spellbound Land here!

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Oct 12, 14 12:59 AM
Happy SUNday everyone!

As usual, I've pared down my usual review but you can find the "REAL" one on the game page. Thank you to those who take the time to read my reviews. Greatly appreciate all the great feedback I get!

I have now played both the CE and SE versions of this game. And I MUST say, I STILL love it. Must be why I purchased the CE version as soon as it came out!

The graphics were amazing - Music was turned down so can't comment on that. Disappointed that lip syncing was in opening cut scene and then stopped throughout the rest of the game.

3 modes of difficulty, the hint button on "casual" recharges remarkably fast. No journal, but there is a Spellbook, once you find it. And, your inventory of completed spells is kept at the top, center of the screen.

The HOGs were incredibly different. Nothing I've ever seen before. Mini games weren't too difficult, some needed a little thought.

Going by download time, and the map, this game appears to have ...... LENGTH! YAY! One of the major components in purchasing a game for me ... period.
All in all, this game definitely gave me my personal "wow" factor - which is what made it a definite purchase - definitely.

I do encourage EVERYONE to try this demo. It's a great game, even with all the back and forthing (but that's why we have a map!). Would YOU be brave enough to rescue YOUR mother from .............. the Shadow Realm?????

Enjoy!

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Oct 12, 14 5:52 AM
Good morning fishies!

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Shrouded Tales: The Spellbound Land here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Shrouded Tales: The Spellbound Land.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

Edited on 11/05/2014 at 10:25:04 AM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 12, 14 1:55 PM
Hi all. Well, I played the CE demo and wasn't really kicked out about it, so please read my full review for that version. This is just an additional comment for the SE. I still feel that this game is not CE worthy. Still don't care for the inventory bar, items way too small and the magnifying glass is annoying. Voice overs nice, but very few and far between. Bad guy had quite a sinister sound to his voice...I liked that one. Jump map works well and is very useful, as you jump back and forth quite a lot in this one. Hint system is very helpful and fills very quickly and I used that more often than usual.

As I have said many times before, I often change my mind about a game when the SE version comes out and purchase the SE at that time. I have to say that this will be one of those times. Yes, upon playing again, I find that it does make a very nice SE. If you are into magic and spells, you will like this one. It is not difficult or very challenging, but it was a bit fun and a little different. This is a nice game for a lazy do nothing day, where you don't have to tax your brain or strain your eyes. I think it will appeal to all levels of players and is a buy for me.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Oct 13, 14 8:51 AM
I certainly can't say I'm as "taken" with this game as other reviewers are. I've played about half the demo and find myself, not only getting bored but a bit irritated at the amount of piddly things to do and the slow progress of the game in general. One particular issue is the repetitive HOS and the lack of an item discription once it hits the inventory bar. I feel the developers, in an effort to create interesting and different HOS have over-done it a bit with too many things to do to get beyond them.

Actually a bit unorganized with all the things to do and remember with not a great deal of clarity. I don't think this is a buy, even on sale. I play a great deal of these games and this one just seems to be "awkward" to play. That is the best description. Could be a good game if they didn't try to put so much into it.

Graphics a a bit dark and the voice-overs OK, but a bit annoying. Had to turn off that awful music which didn't seem to fit. Oh well, you can decide for yourself. Not a go for me.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Oct 20, 14 9:57 PM
bessiegirl wrote:I certainly can't say I'm as "taken" with this game as other reviewers are. I've played about half the demo and find myself not only getting bored but a bit irritated at the amount of piddly things to do and the slow progress of the game in general. <snip> I feel the developers, in an effort to create interesting and different HOS, have overdone it a bit with too many things to do to get beyond them...with not a great deal of clarity.
I couldn't have said it better myself. Not a go for me either.

Edited on 10/20/2014 at 9:59:06 PM PST

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Nov 7, 14 7:40 AM
roaming wrote:
bessiegirl wrote:I certainly can't say I'm as "taken" with this game as other reviewers are. I've played about half the demo and find myself not only getting bored but a bit irritated at the amount of piddly things to do and the slow progress of the game in general. <snip> I feel the developers, in an effort to create interesting and different HOS, have overdone it a bit with too many things to do to get beyond them...with not a great deal of clarity.
I couldn't have said it better myself. Not a go for me either.

same here

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Nov 17, 14 9:52 AM
Nice, long game with beautiful graphics and music. The game held my interest. Just one little problem, the system cursor was hard to control at times, but not so bad it made me quit the game. Overall enjoyable. 1/2

Go to: