roxseaton
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Frozen wasteland 3....need help

[Post New]by roxseaton on Oct 12, 14 7:01 AM
Has anyone passed this one after the 15th wave hits with 3 stars? I have tried putting mages near the castle and have also put an archer, flamethrower, ballista and extra flamethrower there with the same result... After the 15th wave everyone comes so quickly that they overwhelm the castle and my stars drop.

I use the slow and meteor strike (which I have almost completely maxed out except for one level) and I have ballistas, archers, flamethrowers and a mage who is doing corosive armor at the bottom crossroads. I put a mage on the far right who does nothing but chain lightning (my people are almost maxed out as well...I have a 300 upgrade for corrosion and a 535 (?) upgrade for chain lightning.) My flamethrowers can get to the point where they spin fire and my ballistas can either do a minatour tail to stun or throw exploding balls of fire.

Even with this, I'm overwhelmed with no special powers to save me. And I absolutely seem to need to use them by level 16 which leaves me wide open on the next wave. I can't find even a youtube video on this...they do it for 2 and for 4 but not frozen 3. HELP. It's bugging me......a lot.

roxseaton
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Frozen wasteland 3....need help

[Post New]by roxseaton on Oct 12, 14 12:29 PM
Never mind. I did it! I put archers in the top left near the castle and two mages on the top right. I then ringed the crossroads with a mix of ballista and flame throwers. I put archers on both sides of the road on the far right and one on the far left (no slots on other side there). I put a mage on the lower crossroad and then filled the extra spots with flamethrowers and ballistas making sure that all roads at least had a ballista facing the oncoming hordes.

I then made the lower center mage do corrosive and the two in the upper right do chain lighting. I maxed them out. I maxed out all archers and maxed out anything in the middle crossroads first since they were the hit by three sides and then I spread out from there.

I used my specials around level 10-12 depending and they were able to reload by the upper levels. However, I didn't need the specials. Maxing out the flamethrower to spinning flame and the other flamethrower to the second choice (speed and stun, I believe) worked. I maxed out a few ballistas to throw exploding fireballs and the others to stun (minotaur arrows?).

I still have some upgrading to do. I'd like to get the mages to turn things to stone.

One thing I absolutely recommend is maxing out the castle defenses. The damage absorption field saves you every time.

Whew.... I wish I'd taken a video but I truly didn't think it would work.

Go to: