catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Clutter IV: Minigame Madness Tour here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Oct 14, 14 12:42 AM
A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 10/14/2014 at 5:17:18 AM PST

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Clutter IV: Minigame Madness Tour here!

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Oct 14, 14 5:17 AM
Hello fishies!

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Clutter IV: Minigame Madness Tour here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Clutter IV: Minigame Madness Tour .
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

Edited on 11/05/2014 at 10:24:38 AM PST

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Oct 14, 14 5:30 AM
HOORAY!!!!!

One of the most enjoyably addictive games I've ever played. GREAT fun.
I played the other two to death, and one day, they both just gave up on me! Hope this one doesn't.

I LOVE Clutter.
Jo

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Oct 14, 14 8:23 AM
I've never seen a game like this and I have to admit that I am confused. I couldn't find a way to exit and the only way I got out without shutting down my computer manually is that the demo ended.

I've read about a lot of glitches on the main game page. That concerns me. I don't want to purchase a game full of glitches. I didn't see any in the demo but that doesn't mean they won't show up later.

I can't play timed games. I just can't. I disabled something in the options but I don't know if it worked.

Are there timed parts to this game?

Can sliders all be skipped? I've never managed to find the trick to solving sliders.

OK, what did I like? I really liked trying to find matches. I use the word "trying" because I am very bad at this - which surprised me. I guess I need to develop the ability to look at the entire screen and find similarities instead of thinking "hat" and trying to find another hat. That doesn't work in this game because there might be ten different kinds of hats.

I liked the quotes given at the end of each puzzle.

If most of this game consists of the clutters, then it is a buy for me because I think it would help those little grey cells of mine to learn how to look at a puzzle in a different way.

I am looking forward to the reviews and I will also check the reviews for the previous games in this series. I hope they are similar. Maybe some of my questions will be answered.

Happy gaming!!

Edited on 10/14/2014 at 8:25:04 AM PST

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Oct 14, 14 9:44 AM
Jurinne, I can help with a few of your questions because I played the demo and then bought the game this morning. Under "Options" on the main page, you can unclick the Timer. You can also change the difficulty level; it is preset to 3 on a sliding scale of 1-5. You can move it down to an easier level (I did!). You can click on "always allow skip button" and then there will be a blue Skip arrow in the top right corner of each puzzle. To exit, there is a blue arrow in the top left corner of each game page, taking you back to the Menu/exit.

I really enjoy these Clutter games and hope you will too.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Oct 15, 14 2:55 PM
WOW..Joe you did it again LOVE, LOVE this new Clutter game, as usual you can customize it to fit your needs, for PERFECT game play ENJOYMENT !!

Today, I am doing the HAPPY DANCE with Clutter IV released today, finally something I can really sink my teeth into, and get hours upon hours, of FUN and EXCITEMENT these games are like no other, SO entertaining!!
At first I thought this game was just going to be puzzles and mini games, not a game for me, BUT I was wrong thank God and Joe..lol ..this does have the conveyer belt, find this or that, just like the others..YAY!!!
Not only can you make it easier or hard in options, but you can also play, just the Clutter part, without the mini's and puzzles, by selecting it in options, the options are endless, which is VERY rare in games, and another reason why Joe deserves so much credit it is not easy making a game, were you can choose just about everything you love, in the settings and customize it for your playing pleasure.
I only played the demo, so far, just purchased it, couldn't hit the buy button fast enough, but from what I've seen so far, I am LOVING IT, loved the butterfly one, and the slider mirrors puzzle, they are my fav's, and have gotten harder, from previous games ..lol, always up for the challenge though !!
JURINNE..you can change every setting, to what you want, in options menu, so you can play this gem, the way you enjoy it .
JOE..you are the cats meow, literally..LOL, thanks so much for another BRILLIANT game, can't hardly wait to see what unfolds next, so back to playing, happy dance, happy dance...WOO HOO!!

judyglenning
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by judyglenning on Oct 16, 14 9:34 AM
I rarely buy straight hidden object games any more; it's HOPAs for me, but this one sunk it's teeth into me early in the demo and wouldn't let go. Couldn't stop until I reached the end many hours later.
An amazing throwback to the early days when a HOG was still a HOG, with the improvements in play options that go with today's games.
Thanks much Joe and Big Fish.

PS Started a new quest already.

Edited on 10/16/2014 at 9:36:30 AM PST

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Oct 17, 14 6:14 PM
I bought this because I loved the earlier versions but am very, very disappointed. The jigsaw puzzles are almost impossible because the piece doesn't "stick" to the pointer very easily. I also found this true in the match scenes - hard to find the sweet spot where it will grab what I'm looking for. Finally had to turn off the timer because it was just impossible to finish when I had to click several times to get the piece to attach. I really enjoyed the match variations in earlier versions, which are missing here. Didn't really care for the card games at all, and I personally hate sliders. So, bottom line, not enough Clutter, too much stuff that's of no interest to me. Sorry I bought it.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Nov 6, 14 6:46 AM
I started this series with He Said, She Said and was hooked! I have played that several times through.

I played the demo of this and had to have it! Unfortunately after I bought it I found it wasn't at all what I had expected . It offers a timer, which I won't play HO's of this type without, yet many of them have no timer at all. Most of the clutter games are fun and well done but pay attention to the title!! When Joe says Mini Game he means it! This is a far distant relative of the previous versions. More puzzle than clutter!!

Slider puzzles are not my favorite. Find them to easy. You can close your eyes and slide,drop and win!

Played this through on difficult mode then went back to my old standby He Said She Said. It has never left my BF Game Organizer.

I guess this may be a game for some but I was quite disappointed.

Bottom line:PAY ATTENTION TO THE TITLE!!!

slimjims36
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by slimjims36 on Dec 23, 14 6:19 PM
I grabbed this one sight unseen cause I loved the previous Clutters especially the Void Quest on Clutter III, but didn't have a chance to play it until now. I'm afraid I have to agree that this was a huge disappointment. I got through the entire "Quest" in one sitting, didn't need but one hint on the butterfly board even though I had accumulated about 150 hints and all with the timer. And I was on total "hard" setting. What was missing? The Card Sharks, Alphabet Soup, Keys to Success, Animal Kingdom and Toys. Those were very challenging and I've played them about 20 times. In this version, there were no challenges, not even the "stockpile challenge". The card boards were reduced to "Pick 3" as well as the toys and keys, or reduced to the match 5 mini games. I can't even remember a board where you had to clear it completely which was a favorite. So I discover the "extreme" puzzles, and no, say it ain't so, the timer wasn't there. How can you get a challenge with no timer? No eggstreme,no nothing. What was still there? The insidious blackout when you clicked on the wrong item JUST ONCE in the MINI MATCHES! And God forbid clicking on 3 wrong items. And back were all the mini games which I hated except for cryptograms, and that wore out after playing through all of those in one sitting. The "take 2, leave 1" which I can't stand, was still there.

So, no challenges, no timed challenges, no nothing. The only thing I thought was good was bringing back the hats, and bottles, etc. in previous clutter puzzles. So I've played it, I'm done, and it will go into the archive because I have zero interest in playing it again. Get rid of the blackouts, get rid of the mini matches, get rid of all the mini games except a few, and good grief, get back the timed challenges with extreme, and get back the clearing the whole board. Did the feedback "Joe" got really support a completely dumbed down version, and everybody wanted the mini games, and then some? I find that hard to believe. If there is another clutter, (wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't based on this disaster) I'll make darn sure I play the sample FIRST.

[Post New]by letsplay86 on Jan 29, 15 9:53 PM
Please make Clutter 5 with all new objects for the quest. If you do, I will buy it immediately. If not, I won't because I am bored with the same old shapes, not to mention I have them memorized.

Thanks!
Debbie

Chi3165
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Chi3165 on Apr 11, 15 2:58 PM
I enjoyed Clutter 1, 2, and some of 3. I very much enjoy finding matches (I never would have thought it was easier to find those that did NOT match), sliders is very good, and I liked the word puzzles on Clutter IV.

Did not find any glitches in the demo so that did not affect me.

I didn't even realize there was a timer! I HATE timers! If I'd known there was a timer, I would not have even tried playing it. During the demo I had no issue with a timer I didn't know about.

The problem I have is that there are a lot of different puzzles, but I truly enjoy only 3 of the 8 provided!. I do not wish to spend $$ on a game where I will not play even half of it. Gimme the sliders, jigsaws, clutter, and I'm happy.

Sadly, even though I very much enjoy that which I play, I will not be buying this one.

[Post New]by auntleen on Jun 15, 15 6:05 PM
Really? It doesn't work with Windows 7? Then WHY did it let me purchase AND PAY FOR Clutter IV? Now I read that it doesn't work with Windows 7. Boo hiss. Totally wrong. VERY disappointed. LOUSY, STINKY, NASTY trick for someone who paid for a game and can't use it.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 16, 15 7:26 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and thank everyone for taking the time to post their reviews on this thread. It is greatly appreciated.

auntleen, I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble playing this particular game on Windows 7. Looking at the game page requirements, it should be compatible with your operating system. Please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report so that they can look into getting things up and running for you.

Moving forward we also ask that technical issues be placed in the following designated thread:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Clutter IV: Minigame Madness Tour here!

Thanks for your understanding. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Go to: