Please post your REVIEWS for Optika here!

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Oct 14, 14 6:54 AM
Good morning fishies!

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Optika here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Optika.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

Edited on 11/05/2014 at 10:24:18 AM PST

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for Optika here!

[Post New]by Janette5 on Oct 16, 14 12:38 AM
There seems to be a shortage of reviews or interest in this game. So I'll give my 5 cents worth. Because I like to support BF giving us a variety of games and this one is different!

Game Play
This is a puzzle game. The object is to direct the various laser lights into a circle to fill it up with light and sustain that light for a few seconds. In other words the lights can't just quickly pass over it. It's got a very well designed tutorial that guides you through the different elements of the game and teaches you what to do. Thereafter the game consists of moving obstacles, changing their dials, rotating mirrors etc. in order to direct the lights to the circles. An additional challenge is that certain circles require certain coloured lights so you have to factor that in.

Who will enjoy this?
It's a relaxed, but not easy, puzzle game. It's very tricky to move everything in the right position and you have to try various things. I didn't find it impossible, but did find there would be a challenge. There is no timer, you can take your time.

It is not fast-paced or action-filled, but then puzzle games often are not.

I would definitely recommend that you try it for yourself, some people will enjoy this type of puzzle a lot, and others won't at all. It's really a game where the demo hour will give you enough insight to see if it is for you.

nantyglyn
Salmon
Salmon
2,939 Posts

[Post New]by nantyglyn on Oct 18, 14 8:35 PM
This is a little gem of a game, from what I have played so far. There are so many ways to move the lights, that it isn't as easy as it may seem. it's a great brain challenge for someone who likes brain challenges (like me). It's certainly not for everyone, but if you like logical challenges, be sure to give it a try.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Nov 1, 14 2:27 AM
Well, this was very different, and I liked it. Wasn't sure at first, but once I got into it, I found it really nice. Pretty colors, and I found myself very relaxed because of the zen like mood of the music. A ton of levels as well, and it can be challenging which makes the game worth it, in my opinion. I enjoy puzzles, and decided to purchase the game... love playing with light!

Edited on 11/01/2014 at 2:28:52 AM PST

Go to: