Please post any TECH ISSUES for Evil Pumpkin: The Lost Halloween here!

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Oct 14, 14 7:55 AM
Hello fishies!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgGlithui

doorgirl
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Tech Issue Mac version: Tables in Lemuel's Caffe

[Post New]by doorgirl on Oct 15, 14 9:52 AM
In the Mac version there is the lipstick and the bible which are fixed. However there are keys, a watch and picture on the left table which I believe should be moveable, but aren't. And on the right it's the scissors and the ring. In the video walkthrough I watched all five move; by the date of video It is the PC version being shown.
Am guessing something like the layer they are on is not "live". There is no purple octopus that appears when these items are clicked on.

I think something happened in the Mac port. Please test. Am on MacPro 13r, 10.9.5. LOVE the game! it's hard, but fun. But I think I'm stuck but not anything I can do. Up to here everything has worked very well.

Edited on 10/15/2014 at 9:53:21 AM PST

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Evil Pumpkin: The Lost Halloween here!

[Post New]by Sprattie on Oct 18, 14 6:33 PM
I'm not sure this is a tech issue, but a large portion of Chapter 6 is missing from the game. Judging from the video walkthrough, we jumped from the Pumpkinhead town right to the end scene, cutting out the section where we collect the vortex needed to actually finish the last scene.

I've put over 10 hours into this game. It's been a total blast to play, one of the best games I've come across here, and now I can't finish. Is there a game patch or reissue to fill in what was omitted?

Kedem
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Kedem on Oct 18, 14 9:44 PM
I have the same problem...went from throne room scene, up the tree and right to the last scene with the house...skipping an entire chapter!! Refund or fix?

Kedem
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Kedem on Oct 18, 14 11:24 PM
I found the youtube walkthrough and the chapter was there for whomever put it up..

dbendr
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by dbendr on Oct 20, 14 7:47 PM
Yes, most of Chapter 6 as shown in part 10 of the YouTube walkthrough is missing. The game skips from climbing out of the labyrinth to the scene with the two story house with the boy and villain swapping places.

The scenes with the father are gone, and the map shows no active or visitable areas.

By consulting the journal, forum topics here and a lot of trial and error, I managed to make use of the matches and get the vortex activated and in place. Also a dog showed up. I'm down to two inventory items and four gizmos. I'm stuck.

Please give us the rest of Chapter Six. A non-video walkthrough would be nice as well.

I also haven't been able to get any of my shop purchases to show up in the back garden. I skipped the tutorial so I don't know whether this is a bug or not.

Despite the difficulties, I like the humor, puns and originality of this game, and I like playing the boy character.

dbendr
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by dbendr on Oct 21, 14 12:46 AM
I figured out how to place my shop purchases.

stormaf
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by stormaf on Oct 22, 14 1:49 PM
Concerning the pump handle for the Mac version of the game; I cannot get the pouch to come out and I've been clicking for the better part of fifteen minutes. Yes, I'm motivated and I've got nothing else to do right now. Can you fix this problem? I'd like to finish the game someday. Thanks!

dbendr
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by dbendr on Oct 22, 14 10:18 PM
Look at the thread called Lost at the Pump Handle. Saxifraga and I got it cleared doing essentially the same thing. It isn't easy and I had to read Saxifraga's suggestions before I was able to do it.

stormaf
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by stormaf on Oct 24, 14 10:09 AM
I spent about fifteen minutes clicking on the pump handle to no avail.

dbendr
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by dbendr on Oct 24, 14 2:19 PM
So did I, then I did what Saxifraga hinted. Three step process.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Oct 28, 14 1:30 AM
PC Version:

When I tried to access the demo I got the sound but a black screen. I had to shut my computer down manually. I trashed the game and downloaded it again and it worked. But I have no intention of buying the game until that chapter 6 problem is resolved.

I'm on Windows 7 which has been freshly hacked.

Contacting customer service lately has done no good at all. I get a form email and nothing else.

Edited on 10/28/2014 at 1:33:07 AM PST

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Oct 28, 14 5:05 AM
Windows 8.1 PC

My curser keeps locking up in the scenes.

YES, I have changed the battery and it is a new mouse!

Anyone else have this problem?

uninstalled and reinstalled, seems to be working better.

Ahhh, didn't last, keeps freezing up, so I uninstalled for good!

edited for additional comment

Edited on 10/29/2014 at 4:42:55 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 28, 14 5:31 AM
A new forum has been added for the PC version of this game. Might be a good idea to add the PC problems there?

Link: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/4062.page

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Oct 28, 14 7:28 AM
Hey there

It looks like a little hiccup in the system caused a second forum for this game to be created, so I'm going to go ahead and clean that one up and close it.

To keep all the posts in one forum, please continue posting any tech issues you have here, for both Mac and PC

If you're having trouble with the game and checking out the help articles hasn't quite resolved the issue, please contact Tech Support HERE with a Dr. Felix Report, and our Reps will be happy to troubleshoot with you!

bfgVaiya

rrobinson7
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

lost last chapter? What happened to the entire last chapter?

[Post New]by rrobinson7 on Oct 28, 14 8:59 AM
iMac running OS 10.9.5

climbed out of the throne room and ended up at a house chasing the evil pumpkin guy. cannot get any way to move forward. game totally skipped the entire last chapter. any plans for a fix in the near future? not too happy

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on Oct 28, 14 10:13 AM
This game is not working using windows 7. Too slow between scenes. I have updated everything on my computer.

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on Oct 28, 14 2:24 PM
CiChDa wrote:Windows 8.1 PC

My curser keeps locking up in the scenes.

YES, I have changed the battery and it is a new mouse!

Anyone else have this problem?

uninstalled and reinstalled, seems to be working better.

edited for additional comment

The same thing is happening to me with the curser locking up.

dbendr
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by dbendr on Oct 28, 14 3:29 PM
I've exchanged email recently with a customer service representative and the current theory we have is that the version we're getting isn't the version on YouTube. The missing section of Chapter Six might have been deliberately edited out.

If you look at the opening screen of the YouTube version, the signpost says Extras at the bottom, suggesting a Collector's Editon. In our version, that board is blank.

I usually buy the CE when available. I got stuck more than usual with this game and would definitely have liked a strategy guide or walkthrough to consult.

I would like BF to issue the CE version and give purchasers of this version the option to upgrade.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Oct 28, 14 3:56 PM
dbendr wrote:
I usually buy the CE when available. I got stuck more than usual with this game and would definitely have liked a strategy guide or walkthrough to consult.

I would like BF to issue the CE version and give purchasers of this version the option to upgrade.

I read somewhere that there was no strategy guide with the CE version either.

I wasted a PCC on this game because I can't play it with the cursor freezing every 20 seconds or so. Oh well. Glad it was only a PCC and not real money.

Go to: