catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Solitaire Game: Halloween here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Oct 15, 14 12:56 AM
A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 10/15/2014 at 6:28:39 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Solitaire Game: Halloween here!

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Oct 15, 14 6:29 AM
Hi there Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Solitaire Game: Halloween here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Solitaire Game: Halloween.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

Edited on 11/05/2014 at 10:09:35 AM PST

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Oct 15, 14 6:40 AM
Sorry can buy this one or use he coupon today. Not my type of game

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Oct 15, 14 9:26 AM
Same old Solitaire game with nothing new added.

I liked the Halloween graphics but that is about all.

The music was nice BUT along with the sound of the cards being taken off the board, became annoying very fast.

It's a nice basic game for beginners or someone who just wants a easy non thinking kind of game.

I LOVE Solitaire but this game is a no buy for me.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Oct 15, 14 10:21 AM
Based on the demo:

At first I thought this was just another "one card up one card down" Solitaire game. And then I started fooling around with the "Mulligan" and I saw that it is a lot trickier than it appears - or maybe I'm learning the strategy that is common to all of these games. I don't know.

In this game I don't think you can lose a level because you can just keep playing, no matter how many cards are left.

You can use cards that are on top of other cards but don't show those cards when you use them. You can use cards that are on top of other cards but do show one or two (or more?) cards when you use them. I haven't figured out how to tell the difference.

Some cards are gold. And if you use all of these cards you can go on to the next level even if you have a lot of cards left to play.

In the options you can change the picture on the cards.
There are bonuses you can buy but I only saw three in the demo.
I didn't think the music was spooky at all and I was disappointed.
I didn't see any storyline at all and I was disappointed.

But I am fascinated by the layout of the cards and the gold cards. This is what makes the game interesting.

I don't know why this game is being presented as some sort of Halloween game because IMHO it really doesn't fit - except that it is tricky and perhaps that makes it a treat.

I think I will probably buy this game when I can get it as a DD or COW or freebie.

Happy gaming!!

Edited on 10/15/2014 at 10:23:18 AM PST

[Post New]by Cuddlefish on Oct 15, 14 2:10 PM
Where is the store to buy bonuses? I have accumulated a lot of coins but can't see where I go to spend them.

jill165x
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by jill165x on Oct 15, 14 5:18 PM
I have completed two 10-stage levels in Newby (*newbie) mode. I bought it with the half-off sale code after playing though the first level.

There are gold cards buried in the layout in each stage. If you uncover them all you get a perfect score, but you can move on to the next stage without being perfect. However, there is a minimum total number of gold cards required to unlock the next level. For example, in the first level, 'Old Bridge', you need at least 39 to move on. A perfect score is 52.

Your round is done when you either run through the draw deck or when you get all the gold cards, whichever comes first.

Coins are accumulated as you play. Regular cards are worth 20 coins, gold cards are 50.

You can use the coins right in the level to purchase Mulligans (undo last move) for 2500. Otherwise, from the Start menu you can go into the shop to buy Mulligans, Shuffles (8000) and Jokers (5000)

I have only purchased 2-3 Mulligan bonuses and at the start of the third level I have over 75k in coins. If you replay levels to go for the perfect score, the coins accumulate.

Some cards have little pumpkins on them. If you clear them, you get a free bonus. It might be 500 coins, Mulligan, Shuffle or Joker.

At the upper left is box showing two cards. That keeps track of how many gold cards you've accumulated in the stage.

The box at the upper right is a Bonus meter and the eventually fills up to show a Jack-o-Lantern. You fill it by forming chains of cards. For strings of 6+ cards, your progress is saves. Shorter string progress is lost. The number in your chain is shown to the left of this box. Using a Joker keeps the chain going. The bonus is 1000 coins.

Halloween is a favorite of mine, so I like the graphics and music. I prefer this type of relaxing solitaire that doesn't use a timer, because I can just focus on the moves without pressure and zone out the real world for a bit.

Added: The best I can tell right now, the difference between Newby and Professional is that you can redo your levels in Newby and it will retain your best score. Redoing a level in Professional resets the gold card count back to zero for that level, so you can score worse in a redo.

Edited on 10/15/2014 at 5:29:48 PM PST

[Post New]by CoordinationNOT on Oct 15, 14 5:34 PM
This is exactly like the bowling for solitary games. If I wanted to play solitary just for the sake of playing I would go to **** or somewhere I can play for free.

One word for this game

B O R I N G

A no buy for me.

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Oct 15, 14 11:22 PM
twinsoniclab wrote:Didn't anyone else notice that these are the same characters and locations as in Shadows: Price for Our Sins? Maybe since that was a game from last Halloween everyone has forgotten it, but I just played it again, finishing it yesterday, so the characters and locations are fresh in my mind! That is one spooky Halloween themed game!

I remember playing "Shadows" but don't remember it as a solitaire game, nor the reference to same "characters" and "locations". Did I miss something? If so, please tell me what it was??? I feel like I'm in the dark - lol.

Thanks so very much.

letseat
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by letseat on Oct 16, 14 4:09 AM
Iam sorry but why pay for the same old same old. I have many solitaire games..I don't need one more UNLESS its not the same.Sorry no buy for me.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Oct 19, 14 8:53 AM
I love this game! This developer is one of my favorites. The colors and graphics are beautiful. I love the . Reminds me of Harry Potter. The game moves quickly, no glitches. Just an A+ game, especially if you are in to Halloween.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Oct 19, 14 7:59 PM
for MRM2006: The game "Shadows..." is not a solitaire game, but an adventure game with HOS. The background scenes in this solitaire game are from "Shadows..." and the character at the beginning is the little girl who lost her dog. Do you recognize her? Same type of animation.

kim0530
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by kim0530 on Oct 29, 14 10:34 PM
Yep, I also noticed that the characters and the location came from Shadow Price for our sins. As a matter of fact, I just finished playing that game. Now that was a spooky Halloween Game. I wished that they did a sequel to that game.

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Apr 16, 15 11:45 AM
You're right, spooky Bonus is a match 3! I was thinking of Halloween and that game came to thought. Fun game!

Go to: