catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Riddles of Fate: Memento Mori here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Oct 16, 14 12:49 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have! Please also include the Operating System you're using.

Edited on 10/16/2014 at 5:47:11 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Riddles of Fate: Memento Mori here!

[Post New]by GingerNutGirl on Oct 16, 14 1:55 AM
Just downloaded the game and it was like it was in slow motion?! Very new computer using Windows 7 OS. Not like this on any other game?! It took a whole minute from the big fish blue screen to the Elephant screen.

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Oct 16, 14 2:30 AM
Same exact problem when I tried to play. I have updated drivers and use Windows 7. I turned off the custom cursor and it still is like it is in slow motion.

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Oct 16, 14 2:31 AM
Maybe the slow motion thing is a windows 7 problem? I am using Win8 and the game played fine.

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by glb613 on Oct 16, 14 2:37 AM
Having a Windows 7 machine doesn't mean you have the right video card to play games. This is especially true if you have using a notebook computer.

[Post New]by holden0014 on Oct 16, 14 3:03 AM
im using windows 8 and the game is still very slow

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Oct 16, 14 3:17 AM
I have an Asus N53J series with win7 . demo went fine.

map had a little lag time before it opend.

Edited on 10/16/2014 at 3:18:22 AM PST

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Oct 16, 14 3:19 AM
This game runs so slowly that is is unplayable.

I'm on Windows 7 Pro.

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by glb613 on Oct 16, 14 3:35 AM
I have an iMac and it runs fine. Beautiful graphics. If you are using a notebook with onboard video, it can explain the problem.

Most people have too many programs running in the background using resources. That can cause any graphic intensive game or other program to run slow.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Oct 16, 14 3:42 AM
This game is very slow. I have no problems with other games. Windows 7. Video card is up to date.

luvmigame
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by luvmigame on Oct 16, 14 3:55 AM
PC Windows 8. Game plays in slow motion. Cursor lags. Looks like a good game. Just too frustrating to play like this.

Edited on 10/16/2014 at 8:13:21 AM PST

petrinov
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by petrinov on Oct 16, 14 4:16 AM
I have Windows 7 Home Edition, 64 Bit, and it downloaded and plays beautifully.
Perhaps the people having problems are caused by not having an up to date video card?

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Oct 16, 14 4:28 AM
I'm running Win7 Professional 64-bit on a desktop and somewhat strangely, this game runs perfectly. I say that because since installing Win7 in April (I had Vista previously), not one single Elephant game had been playable on my PC. They were all so slow and jerky it made them impossible to play.

But yesterday I updated the Catalyst Control Centre that runs my Radeon graphics card and even though Windows told me my drivers were up to date, it does seem to have made a difference. This game runs smoothly, with no jerkiness and no lag at all. So I'm assuming it must have been the update to the control centre that has rectified the issue.

I have a lot of Elephant games to catch up on!

Edited on 10/16/2014 at 4:30:54 AM PST

[Post New]by sharon_mntr on Oct 16, 14 4:54 AM
I have windows 8 and it's to slow. I guess I won't be paying this one.

rosiekb
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by rosiekb on Oct 16, 14 5:29 AM
Glitch in the Bonus game. Trying to get through a gate and you have to use magic on it, which brings up a jigsaw. The jigsaw gets completed, then repeats ad nauseum! Sigh, another duff game Big Fish?

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Oct 16, 14 5:47 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgGlithui

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Oct 16, 14 6:01 AM
It looks like a lovely game but alas it runs so slowly it would take 2 months to complete. I'm using a fairly new windows 8 with all up to date and most other games work fine. If something is done to correct the speed with which one must play, I will certainly buy it.

[Post New]by kim_majbr on Oct 16, 14 6:57 AM
Just downloaded the game and it was like it was in slow motion?!
Windows 8

Bibliobat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Bibliobat on Oct 16, 14 7:58 AM
I'm running XP and had the slo-mo problem on start up. However, got a warning message saying the game might run slowly and would I like to turn off special effects, which I did. It sort of helped; well at least it was playable, but there were far too many 'sticky' moments for comfort.

Southla
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Southla on Oct 16, 14 9:25 AM
Newer computer, Windows 8,

The game is extremely slow and choppy. I could not stand more than 5 minutes of it. Too bad, it looks like I would have enjoyed this one.

I used to buy pretty much all of the CE games until a few months ago when it seems the quality of the games changed. I got tired of waiting for fixes to be issued on games that did not work. Now, I'm sad to say, I'm not purchasing much any more.

Go to: