ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Message To Players from Boom Zap (ART Creator)

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Oct 16, 14 11:21 AM
Thought I'd put the message from Boomzap in it's own thread so as players come into the forum, it'll be easier to find... you can see this also (with player responses in the beginning to wonder thread too.

Boomzap wrote:Hi there - Chris from Boomzap here.

The short answer here is that we are definately working on a new update to the game. But, as we have discovered over the last few months, updating a large, complex game like this is difficult to do - it requires a great deal of testing to ensure that we are not breaking anything.

Sadly, we recently did an update to our Awakening franchise that included a couple of critical bugs we missed, and it caused a great deal of frustration to our users. We were honestly devastated by this, and our internal team is dedicated to not making this mistake again. We're being super careful in our testing and coding to be *sure* that we are giving you the best possible product, especially as we know many of you have invested a great deal of time and money in your games.

I know this is taking a while, but we are honestly doing the best we can, and are even more eager than you to see this next update out and available. We're hoping within the next few weeks, but it honestly depends on our testing.

Thank you again for your patience, and for playing Boomzap games.

Chris

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

Re:Message To Players from Boom Zap (ART Creator)

[Post New]by wulfruna on Oct 16, 14 12:44 PM
Thanks for re-posting this Chestnut - it is so good to have this re-assurance coming right from the top of Boomzap. There can now be no doubt about their commitment to ART and their determination to get things right, however long it takes.....

jbmf_06
Clownfish
Clownfish
712 Posts

[Post New]by jbmf_06 on Oct 16, 14 12:55 PM
Chestnut it is nice to know that they have not given up on ART and they are not putting it out to pasture.

susanlnels
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by susanlnels on Oct 20, 14 3:34 PM
Thank you to ChestnutHeights and Pam and all the others on this forum who help the rest of us to know what is going on . I only come to this forum and my Midnight Castle forum and I would not know what's up without many of you guys!!

I think I need to go to Emoticons Anonymous because I have a serious emoticon addiction .

[Post New]by highdesertrn on Oct 22, 14 8:21 AM
I also play Awakenings and I know the frustrations that came with the tragic update that has since been fixed. I appreciate the care the developers are taking with future updates to ensure nothing goes wrong.

tcarter50
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by tcarter50 on Oct 22, 14 5:13 PM
Thanks Chestnut for the update status can't wait for it to be released!!!

[Post New]by Happy_Ours1 on Oct 23, 14 6:22 AM
Thank you, Chestnut, for letting us know! I had hoped that was the reason for their delay - learning from past mistakes and all that! I guess we can rest assured that when the update finally arrives, it will be glitch free! - And, hopefully have some quests that allow us to earn some gold!!

Thank you again,
Happy

www_pk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by www_pk on Oct 23, 14 5:49 PM
Many thanks, Chestnut! I've given and received so many keys I could open my own seafood/ice cream shop! Was really getting bored and I've got so much gold invested in this game. Glad to see this.

dvmmwebb
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by dvmmwebb on Oct 23, 14 10:31 PM
This sounds like a bunch of you know what to me. After ever one of their AK updates there follows many fixes. I think this person should have said that they BoomZap are concentrating on the game that makes them the most money and this game after the first couple weeks if at all takes some real effort to spend real money. I did just as a thanks. I didn't need anymore gold especially after Easter special but at that time I was a huge fan. My game friends are slowly dwindling because no one believes this excuse any longer. And thats all it seems to me to be. Maybe put aside that other game of yours. I lost interest after feeding that goofy chest 150 times and now just pop in to get credit for logging on but I don't stay and play. Also along with all my online game friends from AD we will no longer spend any more money on that other game until this one gets an update. Threat or incentive.
Who cares. We want our update and they 100 plus on line friends are all in agreement. We don't have anything else to do but complain about this and its cheap to send mail. So thanks.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Oct 24, 14 4:53 AM
dvmmwebb wrote:This sounds like a bunch of you know what to me. After ever one of their AK updates there follows many fixes. I think this person should have said that they BoomZap are concentrating on the game that makes them the most money and this game after the first couple weeks if at all takes some real effort to spend real money. I did just as a thanks. I didn't need anymore gold especially after Easter special but at that time I was a huge fan. My game friends are slowly dwindling because no one believes this excuse any longer. And thats all it seems to me to be. Maybe put aside that other game of yours. I lost interest after feeding that goofy chest 150 times and now just pop in to get credit for logging on but I don't stay and play. Also along with all my online game friends from AD we will no longer spend any more money on that other game until this one gets an update. Threat or incentive.
Who cares. We want our update and they 100 plus on line friends are all in agreement. We don't have anything else to do but complain about this and its cheap to send mail. So thanks.

dvmmwebb, I completely understand where you are coming from. And on the face of it, I would tend to lean to your way of thinking.

However, in this ONE instance the person who posted from Boom Zap happens to be their Founder.

I would hope that his credibility and company means the most to him and he would know better than to go and make a public statement as the above without backing it up.

After all, it's his reputation on the line. And hopefully, we still live in a world where your word means something... I guess time will tell.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Oct 24, 14 5:14 AM
I was not going to post these but since some feel that Chris, a representative of BZ, would go out of his way to lie about the status of the game development I will now.

When I asked BZ to post in the forum because so many people were disheartened by the lack of the update and naysayers predicting the demise of the game and I thought it would be better to just let players know they are at the end of the lollipop - this is the response I got from the co-founder of BZ.

"We're not pulling the plug on ART; we're working on a pretty huge update, with seasonal events leading up to Xmas, new HOs and Minigames... we're just trying to make sure we're not accidentally breaking anything in the update, so QA testing is taking a while

It'll still take a while more, the feature list is longer than a bad day I think our internal schedule says December. Part of what we're trying to do is create a new system so you can keep getting updates and new functionality without having to download the entire 1GB game again, so we're making sure all the t's are crossed correctly in this build."

I understand all that are the top levels or have played and played the same HO scenes really want something else to do; I want something new too. But what they are going to deliver sounds great. I, for one, will be very glad not have to do a two hour process each time an update is needed.

I did not get caught up in the gold debacle in June but there were plenty of mad people - some so much so that they quit the game over that update. Nor have I had some of the other maladies that others have endured from game glitches but I do know I want a game that does not have some fatal glitch to the progress I have made and will wait patiently because let's face it, there is nothing else to do but wait.

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Oct 24, 14 1:29 PM
Thank you, Dear Oddly, for letting us know the game will continue and be better than ever. I have been patiently waiting and will continue. I still have plenty to do to keep myself busy. I also have been very lucky not to have any major glitches in my game.

It sounds like I may have been semi-correct in my post in Best Guess that they would do multiple holidays together. And I really, really like the idea of not having to download the whole game each time. I just hope that when the update comes I can have some self control and not breeze through the update only to finish in two or three days and then want more!

I will still do my little part each month to financially support the developers and will continue to do so for as long as possible.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Oct 24, 14 2:14 PM
Thank you again Oddly for all your trouble in sharing with us and for your efforts to keep in touch with Boomzap. I would also support that it is really obvious how much BoomZap - and Chris himself in particular - are truly committed to this game. There is not much point in making comparisons with other games - this one has to stand alone as a distinctive sort of game in its own right and if the complicated size of it has thrown up problems, then we have to live with that.
I am still very happy to carry on waiting for a really good update when it eventually arrives, and just to keep "ticking over" in the meantime. There are still things to do in the game and I am actually rather enjoying taking things at a slower pace than earlier in the game!

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Oct 26, 14 6:27 PM
HI everyone! Even though I deleted the game, I have still been reading the forum and hoping and praying for a miracle update which never comes. And I have read the comments by Chris and others at BZ and BF. Oddly, Wulfruna, Chestnut, you know I love all of you, and I say this with a great respect for all of you, but.......Im sorry, I just can find it in me to trust in anything anyone at BZ has to say. What happened to that big update they promised we would definitely get in September to honor the anniversary of the game? And now they are promising something for December? After they have lied over and over and over about updates that never happen, how can you keep on trusting? What makes December different than September when it comes to updates? How can anyone possibly keep believing in them?
Anyway, I came in just say, Hi! But this really gets me fired up. Sorry! Good luck to everyone. I really do have a deep respect for all of you guys still hanging on, and maintaining a positive attitude about the whole thing. I just cant do it anymore.

crestedwave
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by crestedwave on Oct 26, 14 8:49 PM
I don't believe there going to be a update just my opinion there are still updating ak with all the glitches and everything what makes that so different than this is game none. its just an excuse for not telling us the truth. why update the other games with all the glitches in them and not this one sorry just doesn't make sense to me at all

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Oct 27, 14 4:02 AM
::waving at April::

Good points, Crested. In particular, the one about updates to AK and not ART. I think there are more new players going to AK, perhaps partly because everyone is done fed up with ART at this point. However, I would think most of us turned to something else in July and Aug so our defection would not continue to bolster that game any more. Pure speculation on my part, ART came first and seems that AK follows what they do here first. No reason not to believe Allan when he says they are developing a new delivery system for updates. I know virtually nothing about programming - someone starts talking coding and I hear Blah Blah Blah so perhaps someone that does know could pipe in.... I would imagine that such a thing would be an overlay of some sort and as such would break a bunch of other coding; in short, it is all being rewritten? That would take a lot of time. Again I have no real idea but do think they are working on it.

I asked a direct question and got a direct answer. There will be an update. When? Well, that is anyone's guess or hopeful production date.

Edited on 10/27/2014 at 4:03:44 AM PST

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Oct 27, 14 8:49 AM
Hi there April - for old times sake (waves) . I guessed you might still be around in the ether somewhere, keeping an eye on us......
But not too surprised that you have not changed your tune in the circumstances, so I will refrain from comment.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Oct 27, 14 9:14 AM
april3850 wrote:HI everyone! Even though I deleted the game, I have still been reading the forum and hoping and praying for a miracle update which never comes. And I have read the comments by Chris and others at BZ and BF. Oddly, Wulfruna, Chestnut, you know I love all of you, and I say this with a great respect for all of you, but.......Im sorry, I just can find it in me to trust in anything anyone at BZ has to say. What happened to that big update they promised we would definitely get in September to honor the anniversary of the game? And now they are promising something for December? After they have lied over and over and over about updates that never happen, how can you keep on trusting? What makes December different than September when it comes to updates? How can anyone possibly keep believing in them?
Anyway, I came in just say, Hi! But this really gets me fired up. Sorry! Good luck to everyone. I really do have a deep respect for all of you guys still hanging on, and maintaining a positive attitude about the whole thing. I just cant do it anymore.

Hey April.... I see you've started playing (MC), yes I play that too. I know they have their issues too, just like here.

I am surprised that you actually deleted the game. Always figured once the update came out you would make a come back.

I do truly believe what Chris & Alan (founders) have stated. It's their credibility.. so we'll see.. I hope to prove you wrong .

I think that the hold up is this new format they are attempting to deliver their game through.. and if it works I have a feeling more games will follow suit.

I do agree that they should have been far more upfront with the hold up, that was a bad move on their part.. but for me, for now, the holding pattern is ok.. Now, if January hits and we're still waiting, I may sing a different tune

I hope once it's out, you'll reconsider as I know how much you loved the game! Take care and I'll see you in the Castle

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Oct 27, 14 12:26 PM
I still have faith and patience. Besides I can still keep busy for an hour or two a day, mostly BS ing with friends and DQ etc.

Cheers

jodiswat
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by jodiswat on Oct 29, 14 2:19 PM
little confused, so one message sent a couple of weeks and now we are looking at the update coming in December? Please clarify.

Go to: