catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Review Rounding

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Oct 17, 14 12:05 AM
Hi all,

This is a direct quote from my review:

"It (the game) earns a rating of four and a half stars from me which, on my rounding system, equates to a four. I cannot wait to purchase this one."

So, I would like to know this:

Am I the only person who rounds down when giving half-star ratings? Do you guys round up or down? I'm interested to hear your thoughts!

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

Re:Review Rounding

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Oct 17, 14 2:23 AM
Hi catbag8717, to me half a point stands by itself. Not quite living up to the 5 (in this case), but better than 4.

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Oct 17, 14 2:57 AM
I asked since you can't give half-stars here. So in this case, you'd give a 4, correct?

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Oct 17, 14 8:04 AM
Oh catbag8717,

I have a terrible, awful confession to make. This is very difficult to say in public, but I am going to try. To all my former fish friends (yes, both of you!), please don't hate me.

The terrible truth is that I am not consistent in rounding either up or down.

There, I said it.
Let the chips fall where they may. I feel better now.

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Oct 17, 14 4:10 PM
catbag8717 wrote:I asked since you can't give half-stars here. So in this case, you'd give a 4, correct?

Sorry, misunderstood the question . I quess in that case I would also round if down to a four. Since it is not quite the full five

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Oct 17, 14 4:18 PM
steve_san wrote:Oh catbag8717,

I have a terrible, awful confession to make. This is very difficult to say in public, but I am going to try. To all my former fish friends (yes, both of you!), please don't hate me.

The terrible truth is that I am not consistent in rounding either up or down.

There, I said it.
Let the chips fall where they may. I feel better now.

Oh, steve_san, don't feel bad! I completely understand. I was the same, especially with 9 Clues: The Ward, which I rated 4.5 stars. I thought that giving it a 4 was robbing it of the rating it deserved- I felt that it was just too good to give a 4, so I gave it a 5.
But otherwise, I round down.

Go to: