Katie318
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

ENDING question--spoiler...

[Post New]by Katie318 on Oct 17, 14 2:46 PM
So I played this game to the end. I really liked it!

SPOILER--After ascending the tree in the throne room, I find myself in a dollhouse of sorts with Mr. Halloween. A long, rather confusing sequence ensues that ends the game. If you watch the walkthrough for Part 10 on YouTube there is an entire 30 minute segment that this game skipped. Anyone know what happened to it?

Ralphe2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:ENDING question--spoiler...

[Post New]by Ralphe2 on Oct 18, 14 7:13 AM
It's the same thing for me, somebody knows what I miss. help us, please.
I would like ending this game because I liked it. Thanks

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Oct 18, 14 6:26 PM
I'm at the same point in the story and can't progress because I need the vortex to place in the path of the comet, and I can't get it because the cat game (seen in the video walkthrough) was omitted along with the rest. How did you complete the game, Ralphe2? I'm totally stuck. I'll post this in the tech forum and see if I get a response.

Katie318
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Katie318 on Oct 18, 14 7:11 PM
I can't remember exactly what I did, because it was all rather pieced together. I know I picked up matches and something else in the house. Then I took the matches and lit the trash bin in the lower right. You have to be standing in the right place to get the "action" icon. Don't forget to look for the action icon in the trees and everywhere on the entire screen. If all else fails stand in every location and get a hint. It takes a while but sooner or later you will master all parts of the puzzle and win the game. Honestly had I known it was the last of the game I may have treated it differently. It was a bit of a letdown.

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Oct 19, 14 6:43 AM
Thanks Katie318, I just realized I asked the wrong person! I've tried every position for the little boy, but found the action spot several times, just don't have the correct item to place there. The hints just keep directing me to the boy, not to where he should be... and no vortex to use.

It's curious that this game is only for Mac. Maybe if it were for PC as well, we'd have some answers - or a complete game.

Katie318
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Katie318 on Oct 19, 14 7:44 AM
You have to find the correct position for the boy and pair that with the correct object used in the correct spot. You come up from the throne room with just a few things. I remember you load the slingshot with the slugs and you shoot the trees on the left. I remember also you need to find two things in the house to use. The sequence isn't particularly intuitive but I managed to slog through it and--with patience--you will too! Don't rely on the walkthrough...it is not the same.

I emailed the devs and asked about the missing chapter but haven't heard anything from them yet!

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Oct 19, 14 3:37 PM
Aha, the slugs, I forgot about them. I'd loaded them into the slingshot already but didn't know where to use them. The dang slingshot kept popping up all the time, some kind of a bug I guess, so I started ignoring it.

Thanks for the heads-up, Katie318, and for emailing the devs.

[Post New]by grandma_3times on Oct 21, 14 9:38 AM
What happened to the last chapter?? What a disappointment, the U-tube walkthrough showed a forest and then the town of Dern, I didn't get there, my game ended at a house a dog and the evil guy? Is there more to the game that did not download?

dbendr
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by dbendr on Oct 21, 14 4:58 PM
Yes, grandma, most of Chapter 6 seems to be missing. However, the very last part of the game as shown on the YouTube video is playable (barely, with a lot of thrashing around) so you can get to the end if you are determined. The "Spoiler" thread here and the video give some clues as to how to do it. If the credits haven't rolled, you haven't finished the game yet.

I hope Big Fish will restore the missing passages to the Mac implementation and give it to everyone who has purchased the game.

dbendr
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by dbendr on Oct 23, 14 5:44 PM
So Katie318, have you heard back from the devs? More than 72 hours have passed since you emailed them.

I emailed a report on the missing section to the devs a couple of days after you did. I got back an automatic reply telling me to expect a response in 24 to 72 hours. I have seen nothing yet but the 72 hours haven't yet expired for my inquiry.

dbendr
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by dbendr on Oct 23, 14 5:46 PM
Sprattle, if you click on the slingshot and don't use it successfully, you have to put it away manually or it stays up full size on the screen. The other gizmos don't do that.

Whee, I've been promoted to jellyfish.

Edited on 10/23/2014 at 5:47:52 PM PST

Katie318
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Katie318 on Oct 26, 14 1:16 PM
I've heard nothing from the devs...not even an automatic reply!

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Oct 26, 14 3:28 PM
Hey Katie318

I'm really sorry to see there's trouble with what looks like a missing part of the game! Since the version of the game that we receive is at the discretion of the devs, it's possible the version you saw in that video could have been a little different, such as a Collector's Edition of some sort.

I did check in our system to see if we've received an email from you, but it appears one hasn't made it through. I'm unable to speak for how the devs respond to Customer Support emails, but any time you contact us, you'll always know your email has successfully been received by the automatic confirmation email that gets sent shortly after.

If you'd like to reach out to our Customer Support Team and work with a Rep on this issue, they can be reached HERE.

I hope this information helps, but if there's any trouble with submitting an email, please feel free to PM one of the Mods. We're more than happy to ensure you've been put in touch with a Rep

bfgVaiya

dbendr
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by dbendr on Oct 26, 14 4:49 PM
I got a reply today from a customer service rep named Chelsea, asking for more information. I referred her to this topic and the tech problem topic and told her that you (Katie318) are also waiting for a reply.

Chelsea asked me to download some diagnostic software but I declined to do it.

Edited on 10/26/2014 at 4:56:12 PM PST

dbendr
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by dbendr on Oct 26, 14 4:55 PM
bfgVaiya--I think it is possible that the YouTube version of the game is a Collector's Edition or different in some other way, because I noticed that the opening screen has an Extras graphic and the opening screen of Big Fish's version has the same signpost, but that board of the signpost is blank.

Even so, the transition from the end of Chapter Five in the BF version is abrupt, and leaves what happens to the father character unexplained. If someone deliberately edited out most of Chapter Six in the BF version, they did a clumsy job.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Oct 28, 14 8:06 AM
I haven't gotten anywhere near the end yet, but I'm playing the Premium Edition from a different game house. When I get there, I'll come back and let you know what happens, if nobody else has.

[Post New]by Melatonine on Oct 30, 14 3:37 AM
I haven't got a mac, but windows and have the same problem.
I do remember i had to use red liquid in one of the fountains but then it said the water was'nt clear, so i had ti use a spoon and somehoiw ended up with slugs.
In the youtube version there are no slugs at that point.

The first time i believed i did something wrong because i could not end the game (no mirror or vortex in the little house).
Now i played it for the second time and nothing changed

I don't have no dog only wishbones? It's realy strange.

[Post New]by Melatonine on Oct 30, 14 5:26 AM
I finally managed to finish the game. First pick up matches in house and light the garbage can. Take the seeds and put them in the tree on the right.
Stand on second floor (with balcony) and use wishbones on left dooropening.
On lower floor use wishbones on ground next to the left tree.
On the roof use wishbones again. Then on lower floor put false cat picture in left tree.
Try to shoot at tree: you get the message that it isn't long enough, so use luminous liquid on tree. The tree grows.

After that click on the man and shoot slugs at him, he is taken by the vortex: the end.

I hope you all figure it out, because sometimes i went to the garden and when i got out i suddenly could do things that did not work before. I also stopped and started the game a lot. Maybe it's me or it is a gliths?

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Oct 30, 14 5:58 AM
Melatonine, you are a lifesaver! I was going bonkers with the final scene! It turned out my issue was with where exactly I had to place the seeds on. Thanks to you I was finally able to finish the game! So, thank you!

I started a thread asking for help with the final scene but I decided to delete it since Melatonine came to the rescue... Thanks again!

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Oct 30, 14 5:11 PM
Sprattie wrote:I'm at the same point in the story and can't progress because I need the vortex to place in the path of the comet, and I can't get it because the cat game (seen in the video walkthrough) was omitted along with the rest. How did you complete the game, Ralphe2? I'm totally stuck. I'll post this in the tech forum and see if I get a response.

I think I found the cat in the church and just clicked on him.

Go to: