cocky2
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

solitaire

[Post New]by cocky2 on Oct 17, 14 3:01 PM
Can anyone tell me what happens if you get all the solitaire cards.
Will I have to replay the whole game to get the ones I missed?
Thanks

dippydebby
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

Re:solitaire

[Post New]by dippydebby on Oct 17, 14 3:52 PM
Guessing we both need to replay. I missed 2 cards and searched all over Extras, but to no avail.
Not happy about that.

MarnieRose
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

solitaire

[Post New]by MarnieRose on Oct 19, 14 11:13 AM
cocky2 wrote:Can anyone tell me what happens if you get all the solitaire cards.
Will I have to replay the whole game to get the ones I missed?
Thanks

Nothing much happens if you get all the cards. You don't get any extra gameplay or anything. You just unlock a solitaire game which you play using the cards so unless that means a lot to you, I wouldn't play it again just to get the cards.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Oct 22, 14 5:34 AM
Each suit of cards is tied to one chapter. The mini-windows that the cards are in stay open until you find all the cards.....UNLESS you complete the last part of the chapter.

I had a suspicion something like that might happen, so near the end of each chapter, I checked to find out if I had the full suit or not.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 22, 14 8:28 PM
Thanks for that info, tookat. I didn't realise that this was the case.

I also didn't realise that, as long a zoom-in part was still available to zoom into, that a card was probably still hidden within.

All in all, I did rather well. Only missed 1 card, but I too was wondering whether you could have played a game of solitaire if you found the whole set.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Oct 23, 14 12:35 PM
I think Valdy, I am going to be a little disappointed if we don't get a game of some kind after collecting all the cards.....but I am playing slowly, so I am not in a place to know yet.

As a matter of fact, when I saw you had posted, I hoped it was going to be the happy info that there is a game for us as an extra!

Edited on 10/23/2014 at 12:36:46 PM PST

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Oct 23, 14 3:14 PM
And the answer is YES, there is a Solitaire game waiting for us......Just the standard fare, but you can change difficulty, and the cards are rather nice, in a spooky, old Bohemian sort of way.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 24, 14 12:15 AM
Well, that's just up your alley then, isn't it tookat - the spooky and Bohemian part, I mean. In fact, you make me want to replay the game so I can get the whole set of cards. May just do it - but not right now. Right now I am playing "Fear for Sale".

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 31, 14 5:57 AM
I am replaying this game now. I just kept thinking about that one card I never found.

Although I never replay a HOG, this one is definitely worth it. And now that I know to count the cards I need to find in each chapter, I will surely be able to find all of them this time.

keeliesnanna
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by keeliesnanna on Nov 11, 14 4:38 AM
i too missed one card (2 of s) and although i like card games and i did like this game i think i will wait a while before replaying ...

Edited on 11/11/2014 at 4:38:54 AM PST

Go to: