bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Echoes of the Past: Wolf Healer Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 18, 14 12:29 AM
From Orneon Limited, creators of the Echoes of the Past, Secrets of the Dark and The Agency of Anomalies series!

For ages, the dark Warriors have been attacking the kingdom. You and your fellow Healers have always pushed them back... but this time, the Warriors were too strong! Now, you and the Elder's daughter, Mira, are all that's left of the Healer clan. You must protect Mira at all costs and restore the kingdom before evil reigns forever. But you have a trick up your sleeve – Healers are able to transform into wolves! Use this special power to help you as you undertake your dangerous journey in this Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won't find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector's Edition includes:

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

Re:Echoes of the Past: Wolf Healer Collector's Edition

[Post New]by CiChDa on Oct 18, 14 4:02 AM
mixed feelings.....

I am not too sure how much I like turning into a dog for some of my game play,
it's like using an amulet to see things or do things
this can get irritating after awhile

What do you other fishies think?

Newmenor
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Newmenor on Oct 18, 14 4:55 AM
Good afternoon CiChDa and all fishes. In answer to your question, I love all 'Echoes of the Past' games and am pleased the same music is played in the background. Also don't mind changing back and forward from a wolf to a human (wish I could do it in real life) LOL. This is a definate buy for me and I didn't even finish the demo!! Happy gaming to all!!

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Oct 18, 14 5:05 AM
I love the game! Nice mini games and HOS. It's different.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Oct 18, 14 5:15 AM
I'm with newmenor, love the idea of changing into a wolf and loving this game too. Not overly challenging but it's different and that's good as far as I'm concerned.

Will have to search through some past games now to see if there's another CE I want so I can take advantage of the sale!

This one's a keeper

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Oct 18, 14 6:50 AM
Thanks to those of you that have replied, maybe I just didn't play it long enough to see all that it does have to offer. I played the other ones and really liked them.

Ci

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Oct 18, 14 7:12 AM
I'm about an hour and a half into the game and, so far, the transformation into a wolf and back to human form (we only see our hands transforming) doesn't happen frequently. Plus, it only lasts for only a couple of seconds. I switched form a few times just for the fun of it!

I'm having a great time with this game - mostly with the HOPs as they are inventive and fun. Nice twist, developers! And great sale this weekend, BF. I bought this and Thursday's CE almost at the price of one! I'm a happy ! Happy... happy... happy!

Edited on 10/18/2014 at 1:10:28 PM PST

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Oct 18, 14 8:08 AM
Completely off-topic but nowhere else to post. If any mods are lurking around in here, FYI the banner at the top of my main game page tells me the sale this weekend uses the code AUTUMN which expires Sept 18. Obviously wrong. You might want to check that out......

bella_01
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,674 Posts

[Post New]by bella_01 on Oct 18, 14 8:45 AM
read61 wrote:Completely off-topic but nowhere else to post. If any mods are lurking around in here, FYI the banner at the top of my main game page tells me the sale this weekend uses the code AUTUMN which expires Sept 18. Obviously wrong. You might want to check that out......

Hi read61 mine says "COLLECT" for the code. For collector editions only- buy one get the second for $1.99. The only thing I didn't see was if retail or if member they are $13.99.

Hope this helps

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Oct 18, 14 6:07 PM
Thank you bella and tauret! I did manage to get two games using the right code and I see that the banner from this morning is now gone. It was just a little confusing, especially first thing in the morning! Not too sure how I feel about this game, think I'll wait for some more reviews before deciding. Maybe get it as SE instead.....I thought this series was finished.

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Oct 19, 14 11:49 AM
I enjoyed playing the game but found it to be too short. I wish I had waited for the SE, but that's just my personal opinion.

Happy Gaming..

Edited on 10/19/2014 at 12:35:45 PM PST

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Oct 19, 14 3:32 PM
The CE games are getting shorter and shorter. The game released on Thursday had 35 pages in the guide. That is unacceptable. They need to make the guide available in the try it game play. So we know how long the game actually is. I don't like being kept in the dark. They also need to make any collectables in the 60 minutes trial version available. There is nothing worse than playing a game for 60 minutes and missing collectables. And having to start over when you buy the game.

LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyKK on Oct 20, 14 5:34 AM
I like changing into the wolf, but it seemed like some of the things I had to do, would have been more proper for me as a human.
Also, I didn't see where there were any wallpapers or music. I saw the concept art, but no 'save' for it. ? Of course I had received an error msg. before downloading, something about it being corrupt, or possible virus, but I tried it anyway, but maybe that had something to do with me not seeing any wp's, music? Seems strange though. Unless I just overlooked them. I was going to check again, but with the error msg. popping up again, I didn't. Is there wallpapers and music. I like the CE's with pretty wallpapers. Some aren't so good, others are great. I'd might try downloading it again, if I knew for sure these were part of the 'extras'.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Oct 20, 14 9:04 AM
LuckyKK, wallpapers and soundtrack are not part of the extras, unfortunately.

This is the extra content of the game in case someone is interested:
-Bonus Adventure
-Achievements
-Collections (You get to play a mini-game if you find all 32 collectible items)
-Concept Art (No saving option)
-Mini-Games (5 in total, divided into 3 different levels each)
-Strategy Guide

Apparently, the game is not very heavy on CE material but having played both main and bonus game, I think it's overall quite nice and enjoyable.

anitra3
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by anitra3 on Oct 21, 14 4:11 AM
played the game and really liked it! but.... found it was WAY TO SHORT!
(this being the first time in playing BFG during 3 yrs that i've ever complained!! )

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Oct 21, 14 7:59 AM
Thank you, Tammytheo and Tauret and everyone. I'm really looking forward to this one tonight. I'm way behind with the games - real life has a way of rearing its ugly head at times.

I love my paranormal fiction, so shape-shifting is right up my street / alley. After all, my passion for this kind of fiction (and games) started with Tiger Eye: Curse Of The Riddle Box way back in 2009. I just know I'm going to love this one.

Happy Gaming!

Go to: