catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Echoes of the Past: Wolf Healer here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Oct 18, 14 1:00 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have! Please also include the Operating System you're using.

Edited on 10/18/2014 at 6:35:04 AM PST

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Echoes of the Past: Wolf Healer here!

[Post New]by Robilyn on Oct 18, 14 2:57 AM
This game runs so slow. I no it is not my driver because I updated it on Thursday. I had problems with that CE too. But I updated the driver and it works fine now. I can't move around in this game at all. It is so slow.

[Post New]by carlyz on Oct 18, 14 3:11 AM
I am having the same problem too. I have NEVER had a problem with any other game.

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Oct 18, 14 4:38 AM
I have no idea how to start this game since I don't have a start button or options or exit button when I open up the game. The only way I can get out of it is to Crtl, Alt Del. What is going on, gonna try to unistall and re install the game hope that works. If not I will be asking for a refund

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by glb613 on Oct 18, 14 4:42 AM
i tried to play the game and there is no play, exit or option buttons. I had to press the power button to get the game to stop. No buy for me.

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Oct 18, 14 4:55 AM
Evidently the game does not run properly on a Mac, but does run very well on a PC. Does anyone know how to change the settings on a Mac so I can play the game on a good computer????

Edited on 10/18/2014 at 5:04:54 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Oct 18, 14 5:07 AM
Sorry, that you have problems. I have no problems. Try to uninstall en install again.

kainesis2
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by kainesis2 on Oct 18, 14 5:24 AM
The game is very slow and jerky on my PC.

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Oct 18, 14 5:27 AM
Slow and jerky on my Asus to - win 7

Quailridge
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Quailridge on Oct 18, 14 5:59 AM
I am running using a Mac OS X 10.9.5 and the game crashes upon opening. My system is current except for updating to the new Yosemite. Getting a little tired of games being published that don't run properly. I guess the good side is is crashed on opening so no need to try and purchase or play the trial addition. Way to go BF!

[Post New]by coopsmom201 on Oct 18, 14 6:06 AM
I have tried playing this demo on MAC Yosemite operating system. Downloads, opens and plays fine. BUT I cannot see the entire screen I can only see a quarter of the inventory area - makes it unplayable. can't see the exit buttons the pic is too big for the screen

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Oct 18, 14 6:15 AM
Kayen59 wrote:Evidently the game does not run properly on a Mac, but does run very well on a PC. Does anyone know how to change the settings on a Mac so I can play the game on a good computer????

I have no problem running the game on my '09 iMac - OS X 10.9.5.

No, you can't roll the settings back to some previous version, if thats what you're asking! If everything else fails, instal Windows on you Mac.

Happy gaming!

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Oct 18, 14 6:34 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by spaniard1 on Oct 18, 14 8:34 AM
I'm also having problems with this game on my mac using software Mac OSX 10.9.5. The game is frustratingly slow and took 7 minutes of the free hour play just to change the name and game difficulty. The sound is also out of sync with the background images so I haven't even had a chance to play the game before giving up. I have enjoyed playing 'Echoes of the Past' games previously and hope this can be fixed soon.

anon457
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by anon457 on Oct 18, 14 9:49 AM
I'm running Mac OS 10.8.5 on a 2010 27" iMac. I very rarely have problems, but after I downloaded this game there was no buttons for "PLAY" "EXIT" or any other buttons to interact with. Only the ability to "change player". What happened to the" Quality Tested" guarantee? I am going to try to download it again.
P.S. My screen resolution is set at 2560x1440
!!!!!CHANGE RESOLUTION TO A DIFFERENT SETTING!!!!! 1680X1050 WORKED FOR ME. THANKS, RJohn

Edited on 10/19/2014 at 3:54:09 AM PST

mnkygrl23
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by mnkygrl23 on Oct 18, 14 9:58 AM
I can't get the game to open full screen. Uninstalled/reinstalled but it still only goes to about 1/2 the screen, despite full screen and wide screen modes being checked on the game. Running Windows 8.1 and everything is up to date on 3 mo old laptop. Anyone else having this issue?

rjohn82677
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by rjohn82677 on Oct 18, 14 11:34 AM
I am having difficulty with this game because the entire screen is not viewable. I am using a large screen iMac and the inventory is not fully viewable. I need to know how to make the screen "smaller" so that it is completely viewable.

RJohn

******* Yeah!!!!
Problem solved. 1. Go to System Preferences. 2. Click "Scaled Button". 3. Select "1600x900". This new scale will cause the game display to change to allow a full screen viewing with no problems seeing everything.

Edited on 10/18/2014 at 3:29:47 PM PST

[Post New]by qdcali on Oct 18, 14 12:20 PM
I'm having the same issue as several others in that the entire screen is not viewable. I'm running iMac 27" screen w OS X 10.9.5 operating system. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times to no avail. I've also checked my screen resolution. This is the first game I've had any issues with.

nrfaulk
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by nrfaulk on Oct 18, 14 3:55 PM
I have a problem that isn't what everyone else is posting about. When I click on "play" in the game manager, the game opens but I immediately get a black screen and the message "input beyond signal range," or something like that. I have Windows 7 and have checked all compatibility options and find that, on paper at least, I should be able to run this game. This has happened a couple of other times in the past but hasn't happened recently until now. I guess part of my system doesn't dance with the game, but can anyone tell me what part so I can try to address it for future games? Thanks.

[Post New]by hazelwize16 on Oct 18, 14 4:06 PM
i just checked in here to see if others were having the same issues as me ... and i'm just glad to confirm that i am not alone ... i have mac 10.8.5 using parallels w windows 7 ... i really like the storyline and the artwork; and i don't mind at all changing into a WOLF! ... the HOs and mini games are good! ... but the game runs very slowly and jerkily, like there is a technical problem ... wish this weren't so, cause i would buy except for that ... too bad ... hope you fix this for the CE and i can use a free game for this one ! ...

Go to: