Playing in window mode

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Oct 18, 14 8:27 AM
Several folks have stated they played in window mode so they could stop the game play and use strategy to win the level by spotting matches of four or five to charge up the flame thrower and get points required to achieve all the diamonds. Please explain to me how you choose window mode. I am running windows 7 on my PC. Thanks.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Playing in window mode

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 19, 14 2:14 PM
Go to the game options and uncheck the full screen box.

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Oct 19, 14 9:10 PM
Thanks again I am so glad someone pays attention in these forums. This is the second time you have been very helpful. Just a word of note I am on the fourth set of rocks in challenge mode and have completed everything except to get 20 fireflies in 2 minutes or less. Must have played this a million times already and got to 4650 points but only 18 fireflies...Arggg. I know I will eventually beat it but my goodness it is tougher than it should be to be enjoyable. Also you are correct and no matter what I do the Blocks and Fireflies modes just don't save my progress. I did get 23 out of 25 blocks for 1 star and 20 of 25 fireflies for 2 stars . I play well beyond that and have achieved 3 starts in both several times but the progress is never saved, although I do enjoy them both when playing, it will be the best I am going to get from those because I gave up just like I have given up on relaxed mode along time ago. I also achieved 3 stars in Lines and Queue modes though so that is something. Now it is off to see if I can beat fireflies in challenge mode using the windows option by turning off full screen. Thanks very much I do appreciate your help.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 20, 14 4:42 PM
You're most welcome, it's always nice to hear back from others that my posts helped!

Since that fireflies level is timed, playing in windowed mode ought to help per LizzieK's hints. I found that you have to get a little lucky with the cascades where you get more than one firefly in a move in order to get the 20 in that board. I want to say that you can also collect fireflies by hitting them with a powerup but haven't played in a while so may be wrong on that. Good luck!

Go to: