didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

What a disappointment

[Post New]by didersham on Oct 18, 14 9:32 AM
I just got through playing Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time again and that is a great challenging game! This is nothing like the previous Echoes of the Past! Another great series going down hill!

Re:What a disappointment

[Post New]by shelterhill on Oct 18, 14 1:13 PM
I loved the first two of the series, the third not so much, number 4 I never bought and this one is a pass too, bummer

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Oct 18, 14 1:33 PM
Just couldn't get into this game. This series may come to an end if the next one is like this game.

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Oct 18, 14 3:52 PM
On the contrary, I enjoyed them all.

My favourite is Echoes of the Past 4 (Revenge of the Witch), but I liked them all. If I had to pick a least favourite, it would probably be number Royal House of Stone. I haven't played this one yet, but looking forward to it.

EDIT: I CHANGE MY MIND! This one is the WORST of them all! I WANT MY HOUR BACK!

Edited on 10/18/2014 at 6:06:50 PM PST

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Oct 19, 14 3:07 PM
MURPHY wrote:Just couldn't get into this game. This series may come to an end if the next one is like this game.

I should think after this mess-of-a-game, the series has self-destructed!

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Oct 19, 14 5:37 PM
The quality of games has gone down since I began playing games on this site. I used to purchase every game that came out (I also had more time as well). However, there are few games I purchase now because the quality is lacking.

Four stars for this game? Are you kidding (LOL). Hey - BF - trying to pump up support for a lame game? Please, many of us are begging you , to go back to your old standards for games. This new idea of "helpers" is antagonizing many on your site.

I would also advise getting rid of not only the formula but the "theme" concept. Personally I would love to see a serial character in a detective series (like Sherlock Holmes who solves mysteries. He should be "hot" looking as well (LOL). Most of games you are producing are more designed for children or preteens. However, that age group wouldn't play these either.

Hopefully, BF will get the message but I doubt it. Hopefully, the games will get better, but I am not holding my breath. Well- at least now I have more money for other stuff and not for games. LOL

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Oct 21, 14 8:14 AM
sunnyglow wrote:The quality of games has gone down since I began playing games on this site. I used to purchase every game that came out (I also had more time as well). However, there are few games I purchase now because the quality is lacking.

Four stars for this game? Are you kidding (LOL). Hey - BF - trying to pump up support for a lame game? Please, many of us are begging you , to go back to your old standards for games. This new idea of "helpers" is antagonizing many on your site.

I would also advise getting rid of not only the formula but the "theme" concept. Personally I would love to see a serial character in a detective series (like Sherlock Holmes who solves mysteries. He should be "hot" looking as well (LOL). Most of games you are producing are more designed for children or preteens. However, that age group wouldn't play these either.

Hopefully, BF will get the message but I doubt it. Hopefully, the games will get better, but I am not holding my breath. Well- at least now I have more money for other stuff and not for games. LOL

Hi Sunnyglow,

If you like Sherlock Holmes or Nancy Drew and don't care for 'helpers', have you checked out the Large File Adventure Game category? There are (to my recollection, anyway) no helpers. You're pretty much left to decipher things yourself by talking to characters. It may be more suited to your intellect.

Now, as to a 'hot' looking Sherlock? Whom do you suggest? Surely, not Brad or George -they're finally now married (Congratulations to both of them and long may it last). I suspect, though, that your idea of 'hot' is some hot new actor in the media right now, yes?

[Removed by Moderator]

BTW - you keep going on about your Mom being here also - who exactly IS your Mom?

Edited on 10/22/2014 at 8:12:36 AM PST

[Post New]by YorkieGirl44 on Oct 24, 14 6:25 PM
Nothing like the other 5 games in the series. I liked fighting the witch in the other 5 games.

Go to: