bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Done With Cute Helpers!

[Post New]by bribling on Oct 18, 14 4:58 PM
I am done with them. If I like a game, buy it and it comes with one or more "Helpers" I interact with them as little as possible. I am not going to dress them or do anything else with them and in one or two cases I just did not buy a game I otherwise would have bought.

I know that many player love these critters and I am glad of that. Many players must enjoy them or they would have disappeared from games by now. I was recently happy to reply to a BFG survey that did ask about "Helpers" and I was happy to voice my opinion on the subject!

I have just read a review that says this game has two of them and that we must babysit them. Glad to know that, I will not even try the Demo. there are plenty of games left with no helpers and I hope to enjoy some of them instead.

I do wish the Devs well though. I have very much enjoyed some of their games and will most likely replay the ones I own if they have no helpers (I can't recall if they do). I also am happy to know that many players do enjoy the little beasts and will enjoy this game.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

Re:Done With Cute Helpers!

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Oct 18, 14 8:42 PM
Bribling, give this one a chance, the only instance that irritated me was helping the little girl pick out clean clothes. It only took her 4 tries (8 hours shopping to buy Granddaughter 1 dress ..taught me, never again). She for the most part disappeared during the game. I've played through twice today. You only have to switch to being a wolf when it is to your advantage.

jerseyd1
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by jerseyd1 on Oct 19, 14 8:08 AM
Some of us actually like the little "helpers". And would you rather they be ugly little helpers?

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Oct 19, 14 5:28 PM
Thanks to everyone who has posted 3 forms concerning helpers! Maybe if we protest enough they will eliminate them! Yes - some like them but this is an idea which can be eliminated and everyone would still like and be able to play the games.

Hey - the team concept is great in companies in formulating and enacting new ideas. It does not work in games. I don't want anyone along with me when I play games.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Oct 21, 14 9:41 AM
sunnyglow wrote:Thanks to everyone who has posted 3 forms concerning helpers! Maybe if we protest enough they will eliminate them! Yes - some like them but this is an idea which can be eliminated and everyone would still like and be able to play the games.

Hey - the team concept is great in companies in formulating and enacting new ideas. It does not work in games. I don't want anyone along with me when I play games.

You think? Ok then. My challenge is this to you... tell me how you would make a difference... from one business woman to another..

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Oct 21, 14 1:35 PM
cbtx wrote:
sunnyglow wrote:Thanks to everyone who has posted 3 forms concerning helpers! Maybe if we protest enough they will eliminate them! Yes - some like them but this is an idea which can be eliminated and everyone would still like and be able to play the games.

Exactly!

And perhaps you'd like to join this challenge,cbtx?

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Oct 21, 14 3:01 PM
I think all you are really doing is turning these forums into a domain of Trolls.....
all the people happy with the games are leaving the forums because of tactics like making every other thread into strident complaints.

Instead of asking for there not to be games that obviously are selling OK, why don't you ask the Devs to do some games you would like, and describe those games.
Maybe you can get Big Fish to have a once a week release devoted to reality games...reality with no children and no childishness about it. That would be something positive rather than all this hatred for something that is really quite inconsequential as to make all of you look like fools.

[Post New]by smilingsun72 on Mar 31, 15 6:00 PM
I've played through several times since the games release. I have never found any helpers in this game. I remember the little girl being mostly in the beginning of the story then appearing at times through out the game to help with certain tasks.

Most helpers have a specific place they reside near the item bar where they set until you on them to retrieve an item or perform a certain task during the game. I remember there was not one such place for a helper in this game at all. In fact, as far as my memory recalls, most all the Echoes of the Past series never had a helper "pet" of any kind.

Go to: