catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Is there ACTUALLY an Animal Helper?

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Oct 18, 14 10:45 PM
I played 60 minutes of the demo before I quit out of sheer boredom, and I didn't come across a helper? I did meet an injured wolf right before I quit, though, so is that my helper?

Re:Is there ACTUALLY an Animal Helper?

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Oct 18, 14 11:59 PM
There are no animal helpers in this game. The only thing is that you switch in a man or wolf.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Oct 19, 14 12:46 AM
To add to dobbiemijnboekje's reply, there is no cute little helper in this game either, let alone two of them. Unless by cute little helper someone means Mira, the young girl we have under our protection, but she hardly counts as a helper. She only helps out two, maybe three times throughout the game and that in a limited way. And for the biggest part of the game she is not even present. You want more? You don't have to dress up no one or do their babysitter. You only have to (please, highlight to read) find a chest with some outfits for the girl to change her wet, muddy clothes after she falls into a puddle - she tries out four of them... and that's all.

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Oct 19, 14 2:51 AM
Whoops, I put it as ANIMAL HELPER in my review.

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Oct 19, 14 12:53 PM
This thread has shown me there's no point in reading reviews. Just demo the game and decide for yourself.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Oct 19, 14 6:15 PM
First you do have to dress Mira. If you do not think picking out an outfit to wear for their "romp" against the warriors is not getting a characters dressed - then what is? It only occurs once - however, this just shows you the childlike appeal in these games.

For those of us who have been on this site for more than 2 to 3 years, most of us can assure you the games have degenerated. At least in my review I did not ever say that there was an animal helper but rather a small child and a wolf paw.

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Oct 20, 14 5:30 AM
twinsoniclab wrote:It was realistic

If I wanted realistic, I would not be playing games

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Oct 20, 14 2:59 PM
Brendansoma1 wrote:
twinsoniclab wrote:It was realistic

If I wanted realistic, I would not be playing games

Agreed. I steal far less in real life, my forging skills are non-existent, if I need something at the bottom of a pile of leaves, I'll use my hands to get it rather than walk around looking for a tiny rake, and I can't possibly carry around a car jack, crowbar, bellows and jar of fireflies at the same time. And if I did carry around a crowbar, I wouldn't be dumb enough to throw it away after its first use.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Oct 21, 14 2:38 AM
Well, seeing what Persistent_Cat has said above about her non-existent skills, my view is....

Let's do away with helpers and instead have an "Instructor" . My skills are equally poor, even after all these years.

I'd love to be a professional mountaineer, electrician, firefighter, car mechanic, acrobat, magician, clairvoyant, detective, animal helper that can reach far off places, ghost, witch... oh the list goes on and on.....

So, how about it everyone? No more Helpers but Instructors in our back pocket - I mean, heck, if I can keep crowbars, hammers and all kinds of paraphernalia in the back pocket of my jeans, I'm sure I can find room for a 6 foot 4" muscled "Instructor" in there. I may even get a diploma or two!

ETA: Ooohh, I forgot... preferably one who looks like Jason Momoa in Conan.

Edited on 10/21/2014 at 2:48:32 AM PST

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Oct 21, 14 4:55 AM
Tiger2010 wrote:ETA: Ooohh, I forgot... preferably one who looks like Jason Momoa in Conan.

Can mine look like Daniel Craig? Darryl Dixon?

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Oct 21, 14 5:16 AM
Persistent_Cat wrote:
Tiger2010 wrote:ETA: Ooohh, I forgot... preferably one who looks like Jason Momoa in Conan.

You bet!!

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Oct 21, 14 5:49 AM
Tiger2010 wrote:
Persistent_Cat wrote:

You bet!!

Poor whoever or whatever I have to save because they're gonna get ignored while I get to know my instructor better. Learning is important

Go to: