Please post your REVIEWS for Forgotten Kingdoms: Dream of Ruin here!

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Oct 19, 14 4:42 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Forgotten Kingdoms: Dream of Ruin here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Forgotten Kingdoms: Dream of Ruin.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

Edited on 11/05/2014 at 10:23:08 AM PST

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Forgotten Kingdoms: Dream of Ruin here!

[Post New]by Jurinne on Oct 19, 14 7:26 AM
Based on part of demo:

I didn't play the full demo because I won't play a game that has a puzzle which cannot be skipped. Although it was easy and I solved it, I won't take the chance of a harder puzzle showing up later that cannot be skipped. I did that once and ended up wasting money on a game I can't finish.

Also, the hint button takes a long time to recharge. I didn't time it because I couldn't tell when it was ready. I just know I was frustrated a lot because I had to wait and wait. The hints didn't help much and I just couldn't seem to get into the game. I rarely had any idea about what to do and simply showing me an area isn't enough, especially when I've already looked at it closely. If the hint button had not taken so long to recharge I might have changed my mind about this game.

The graphics are very nice.

The inventory can be locked.

There is a lag problem which frustrated me.

I usually don't enjoy games about castles and princesses and dragons and spells. That's just me. Others may love this game and I hope they do. We all have different tastes.

Happy gaming!!

[Post New]by doofenschmurtz on Oct 19, 14 12:31 PM
Thanks for a great reviews.You hit so many points that ruin a game.Hints are great and sometimes does really get the game going.Agame with puzzle that you can't skip is a gamw worth skipping a buy

[Post New]by pikespeak62 on Oct 19, 14 2:49 PM
If you choose the right level to play, then you can skip a puzzle.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Oct 19, 14 6:58 PM
Jurinne wrote:The hints didn't help much and I just couldn't seem to get into the game. I rarely had any idea about what to do and simply showing me an area isn't enough, especially when I've already looked at it closely.
<snip>
I usually don't enjoy games about castles and princesses and dragons and spells. That's just me. Others may love this game and I hope they do. We all have different tastes.

Happy gaming!!

This game features a tiger that flies. A "Flying Tiger." Bwhahahahaha!!! But seriously, I don't much like games with princesses and castles and dragons and spells either, but decided to try this one since there's not much else going on of the SE variety.

The main positive for me was the interesting, clear artwork.

The one HOS I encountered before quitting the demo was well done and not that easy, as two or three of the items were very well hidden, and I was forced to use a couple of hints. Puzzles all were the usual things, but I dislike puzzles and habitually skip them. (I played on the casual level, and it seemed the skip button filled in about 30 or 40 seconds.)

The main negative for me was the story... a rehash of Sleeping Beauty, Briar Rose, The Princess on the Glass Mountain, and every other tale of a princess needing to be rescued. <yawn>

But that said, I think this game is worth a try, especially if you like the genre.

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Oct 28, 14 2:22 PM
Jurinne wrote:

Also, the hint button takes a long time to recharge. I didn't time it because I couldn't tell when it was ready. I just know I was frustrated a lot because I had to wait and wait. The hints didn't help much and I just couldn't seem to get into the game. I rarely had any idea about what to do and simply showing me an area isn't enough, especially when I've already looked at it closely. If the hint button had not taken so long to recharge I might have changed my mind about this game.

There is a lag problem which frustrated me.

Totally agree now that I've finished playing the game. Every step had 'something missing' and then off to find another itty-bitty clue. Despite the transport map, I felt lost and so bored. Better editing and less back-and-forth would have made it much more interesting. The story was decent ( I don't mind the genre either) as were the graphics. I just couldn't get into the game despite playing it over 2 days. Couldn't wait for it to be over.....

Dianeteacher
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Dianeteacher on Nov 2, 14 5:11 AM
You are all correct! However, please realize that the reason the HINT takes so long is that next time, you will buy the CE!

Diane

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Mar 27, 15 1:56 PM
I must have played the demo and thought this game would be a good one...NOT! Wow, I just went back in to finish playing and what a slow game. Good grief and those interactive cut scenes...I really don't like those. Slow hint....Decided to bag it and not waste the time trying to crawl through this game.

Same old tired storyline, however the colors were nice. I do hope I didn't waste any money on this!

Go to: