rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

Mods please! And Siver Fairy!

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Oct 20, 14 1:02 PM
This is a two-fold thread. Part one for the Mods: Several glitches regarding this game, including game freezes and crashes and the fact that several people cannot get the Silver Fairy achievement has been posted in the tech forums and other places within the forum. I happen to be one of them that has experienced all three of those issues. I contacted Customer Service about those issues, submitting a Dr. Felix report. I went through all the steps provided on the Help Pages, to no avail. When I heard back from CS, the ONLY thing they could provide me with was a coupon credit for another CE. Which is fine...however also tells me they found nothing wrong with my PC or my drivers or anything! If they had, they would have let me know what needed to be changed or updated. I have noticed that the Mods are not giving any updates whatsoever. Not only with this game, but with many others that have been beset with glitches. We are quickly learning by adhering to suggestions to contact CS and send in our Dr Felix reports that the glitches we have been experiencing are NOT related to our computers! There used to be a time when the mods were more involved and there used to be a time when everything was done in order to get us a Fix for the games with problems. That does not any longer seem to be the case. All we get now instead is the scripted response from the Mods directing us to the Help Pages with no further word whatsoever. And even tho I received a CE credit, from CS, they too never mentioned if a fix was forthcoming nor did they address all of my issues I brought their attention to in my original email to them. I even replied to their email mentioning that. We all experienced the same issues with the game Labyrinths of the World : Shattered Soul. We were promised that a Fix would be coming soon, yet no such fix ever came. The same problems were still there when BF released the SE of that game. Why is no one willing to help any longer? Why aren't the developers being contacted with the problems, glitches, issues so that a Fix can be supplied? It is as if BFG and the developers as well just don't care. It is obvious that many games lately are being released with major issues and nothing is being done about it? Aren't the games being tested...by anyone...anyone at all before they are being released?
it would be nice if we could get the sense that the Mods cared from time to time.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

Re:Mods please! And Siver Fairy!

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Oct 20, 14 1:10 PM
Part Two regards the Silver Fairy Achievement. If anyone has managed to get this achievement without the attempt freezing their PCs, is there any certain order that needs to be followed? If you know any secrets to getting her, could you...anyone...please let us know if there is something, or some step we are missing? Please!

It's frustrating not to be able to get this achievement due to a freeze! An obvious issue, or glitch within the game that has not affected everyone, but has affected several. And it's obvious there is not going to be a Fix for this as nothing at all has been mentioned or offered.

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Oct 20, 14 2:31 PM
First of all I am not a BFG Club Member I just bought some games and have just started playing them. This is the first game I have experienced issues with. At the risk of sounding completely clueless I will say I don't know anything about Mods or game credits or Felix report. I have experienced the game freezes...crashes and not obtaining the silver fairy...all game glitches. I am really disappointed and wondering if I would be entitled to a game credit and how I go about getting one. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Oct 20, 14 3:20 PM
glitter2goldfish wrote:First of all I am not a BFG Club Member I just bought some games and have just started playing them. This is the first game I have experienced issues with. At the risk of sounding completely clueless I will say I don't know anything about Mods or game credits or Felix report. I have experienced the game freezes...crashes and not obtaining the silver fairy...all game glitches. I am really disappointed and wondering if I would be entitled to a game credit and how I go about getting one. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

On the Tech Issues thread above, scroll down until you see the post from a Moderator. It will be the one in Yellow. Within that post you will see a link to Help Pages. Click on Help Pages link. Then toward the bottom, underneath the Technical Issues window on that page, click on More. On that page you will see a link for Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report. Click on that link, which will take you through the steps to create the report. Once that's done, get back to the Help Pages, and on the left side you will see a link that says Still Need Help? Contact Us. Click on that, fill in all the info you can, attach the Dr Felix Report and click on Submit.

You will hear back from Customer Support in 24-72 hours.

If they find an issue with your computer from the report you sent, they will try to troubleshoot with you. If not, they may issue you a credit code for another CE. You can always request a refund, or request a credit code.

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Oct 20, 14 6:27 PM
Thank you very much. This is really good information. Will this still apply to me regarding a game credit if I am not a BFG club member? I don't buy games with credits just cash so I am not sure how that would work. I do appreciate your advise. I am so sorry for being such a simpleton but I am really new at this gaming thing so questions I have are plenty.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Oct 20, 14 6:37 PM
glitter2goldfish wrote:Thank you very much. This is really good information. Will this still apply to me regarding a game credit if I am not a BFG club member? I don't buy games with credits just cash so I am not sure how that would work. I do appreciate your advise. I am so sorry for being such a simpleton but I am really new at this gaming thing so questions I have are plenty.

I'm not a member. I believe they gave me the credit because there was nothing they could troubleshoot with me.

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Oct 20, 14 7:30 PM
Thank you again very much I think it is at least worth trying. I think I will take your advice and contact Customer Service perhaps after I try all the stuff on the help pages like checking for latest drivers etc. I am glad someone has a lot of knowledge to share as I am not only new at gaming I am not really computer technical savy either. I rely on the Geek Squad and they just serviced my computer at the end of August. Installed new anti-software and such. Have no idea if they checked for latest updates on my operating system. I will have to assume that I guess. At any rate I will see what happens. Thanks you are very nice to help me.

sulia
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by sulia on Feb 5, 15 3:57 PM
If you still want to know how to get the silver fairy, wait until almost the end of the game when all your diary entries are complete, then find her! If you try to do it before, using just part of your diary, the game will freeze...this game is one of the best I have ever played, but it is full of glitches! Best x

Go to: