Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Travel Adventures: World Wonders here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 21, 14 12:47 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 10/21/2014 at 5:55:10 AM PST

oasis53
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Travel Adventures: World Wonders here.

[Post New]by oasis53 on Oct 21, 14 2:32 AM
cute game ..if you are about 7 years old...very easy..I finished the entire game in the 60 minutes allotted for the demo..with time to spare..not worth the buy

otogo
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by otogo on Oct 21, 14 2:55 AM
Boring. Junk pile scenes. Nothing makes sense just pictures from around the world with unrelated objects thrown in. Little thought put into this game. Puzzles annoying. Nothing redeeming about this.

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Oct 21, 14 5:56 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Travel Adventures: World Wonders here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Travel Adventures: World Wonders.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

Edited on 11/05/2014 at 10:21:58 AM PST

wyebank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by wyebank on Oct 21, 14 6:28 AM
COULD HAVE BEEN SO MUCH BETTER WITH A LITTLE THOUGHT. Nothing else to do but scan through the pictures, made me doubt my eyes as I found some things really hard to find. Loved some of the puzzles but they became repetative,
It played really well but won't be buying as like some others I finished the game in the demo.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Oct 21, 14 7:54 AM
I totally agree with oasis53! Some children may like this game but I think they may get a bit bored with it to. Very simple hidden object - jig saw - match game. Oh I forgot CONNECT THE DOTS!! LOL

The HOs are easy and may ask for an item and you will find 3 of that. Just have to find out which one they want.
A crab is actually a lobster and so on.
Jig Saw made to simple by using the picture with outline of each piece.
Match games flip the cards so fast you can't really get a look at the second card.
I don't even want to get started on Connect the Dots! They don't actually connect

I ended my trial about 35 min in when I came to the second connect the dots. Although I have always tried to play an entire trial before giving my opinion I just couldn't see wasting the little bit of play time I have any further.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 21, 14 9:23 AM
Hi all. Wow, I haven't seen a game this simple in a few years! The graphics are nice. Colors are very clean and true. No animation. This is more of a story book type game than anything else. Music gets very annoying very quickly. No voice overs.

Yes, it is a straight HOP, which are extremely simple and pretty much junk piles. I noted that some items were mislabeled, e.g. there is a difference between a crab and a lobster, so don't ask for one if you have the other in the picture. Spent a bit of time looking for that "crab" that wasn't there. Puzzles are very easy as well. This is definitely a game geared toward children...children who have never played before. My grandchildren all "help" me with my games, so they are used to something much more challenging for them. I am afraid this would be far too easy for them and they are 3, 5 and 10. The only puzzle I saw that might give them grief is the match the flag to the country puzzle. Most children wouldn't know that.

Would I recommend this for adults...absolutely not. Would I recommend this for children...yes. Would I buy it for my grandchildren...no. This game would depend on the child. I'm sure most would have fun with it and it would keep their minds working quite well looking for things. No buy for me.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for today. Thanks for the reviews.

Slapahojo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Slapahojo on Oct 21, 14 12:20 PM
It is so easy you can almost play it with your eyes shut.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Oct 21, 14 12:36 PM
This is a very simple game. The HOS have errors: a crab is not a lobster and there was also an error in the first one which I can't remember. A sailfish is not a sailboat - that is the most glaring error I found. Also, a parrot is a bird but not in this game and a potted flower is a flower in one HOS but not in another. I also ran across a bow which did not count as a bow.

There are extremely simple jigsaw puzzles and matching puzzles.

I would recommend it for young children except for the errors.

For me, it's a no-buy. I think it could be very confusing and frustrating for children; especially that sailboat/sailfish error.

Edit: After posting my review I played again to see if I could find more errors. And I did.

Edited on 10/21/2014 at 1:35:13 PM PST

Wicked500
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Wicked500 on Oct 21, 14 1:12 PM
I played the demo to the end. I want to give the game a fair chance. Not all objects are correctly named as Jurinne stated. The one I remember is sailfish for sailboat, it was after the crab. No buy for me, to boring. Again try it, to see if you like it.

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Oct 21, 14 5:42 PM
wyebank wrote:COULD HAVE BEEN SO MUCH BETTER WITH A LITTLE THOUGHT. Nothing else to do but scan through the pictures, made me doubt my eyes as I found some things really hard to find. Loved some of the puzzles but they became repetative,
It played really well but won't be buying as like some others I finished the game in the demo.

Agreed, could have been so much better. Clever idea tho.

Go to: