Lestat195
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

If you have chosen to leave the game...

[Post New]by Lestat195 on Oct 21, 14 10:38 AM
As a courtesy to those on your Friend List, please remove your wishlist and delete the other players on your Friend List. By doing so, you will keep your former friends from sending inventory items (which we all know some can take time to get) into Midnight Castle limbo.

Thanks much everyone!

Edited on 10/21/2014 at 10:40:20 AM PST

bayouguy
Clownfish
Clownfish
815 Posts

Re:If you have chosen to leave the game...

[Post New]by bayouguy on Oct 21, 14 10:45 AM
Personally, I think deleting your friends is ill-advised.

I think clearing your wishlist and making a note of your absence in your user name is probably a better way to go.

An empty wish list is easy enough. Changing your game name from bayouguy to bg not playing is also easy.

Recreating a list of former friends is a lot of work and runs the risk of offending some. Other players can tell when you're not playing and make the choice themselves to delete you.

IMO Gonzo

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Oct 21, 14 10:57 AM
Most people who leave (like myself) remove their wish list but keep an 'x' amount of friends on their list in order to help them *if* and *when* they can.

So I agree with Gonzo

[Post New]by tigress1_2u on Oct 21, 14 11:22 AM
I also agree with Gonzo..Also not everyone reads or goes into the Forum, there are other problems as well such as PC crashed etc.and can't get back into the game to remove their wish list!

kdreetz
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

If you have chosen to leave the game...

[Post New]by kdreetz on Oct 21, 14 11:38 AM
Lestat195 wrote:As a courtesy to those on your Friend List, please remove your wishlist and delete the other players on your Friend List. By doing so, you will keep your former friends from sending inventory items (which we all know some can take time to get) into Midnight Castle limbo.

Thanks much everyone!

Who to gift....who not to gift...that is the question....
I'm one of the people whosePC died. Just tried to turn it on one day and nothing happened. So I didn't have a chance to say goodbye or change my player status. I always wonder if some of the friends on my list have quit, are on a break, or just playing really slowly. Just because someone's been on level 23 for the past month doesn't mean they're gone. Right? Idk.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Oct 21, 14 12:46 PM
Not everyone who plays the game reads the forums. I have many friends I would like to contact but I do not know their forum name.

Many people have also left the game with no chance to remove their wish lists due to computer crashes, other glitches or illness.

If the wish list remains the same for whatever period you choose to set as a yardstick, (perhaps one month or 6 weeks.) then you would most likely to be okay to delete them. Staying at the same level is not a guide as some people do not play more than once a day.

Trix

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Oct 21, 14 1:30 PM
I don't agree with the original poster.

don't delete your friends.
you may change your mind!

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Oct 21, 14 8:15 PM
Deleted my post because with the latest update made my comment Moot.

Edited on 10/22/2014 at 11:50:54 PM PST

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Oct 22, 14 3:42 PM
On my friends list, is a person who has decided to quit.

She announced this in her name screen one day.

Now, she is posting specific items (with her name) for us to request as she gifts- away her inventory.

She kept one item in her "wish list" (white ticket)
just to keep it looking active on our screens.

How thoughtful is that!

(If you see this baton, you are a dear and will be missed!)

dandydog
Clownfish
Clownfish
803 Posts

[Post New]by dandydog on Oct 22, 14 4:15 PM
I know whom you're talking about Susie, and indeed this very special player will be missed!

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Oct 22, 14 4:24 PM
dandydog wrote:I know whom you're talking about Susie, and indeed this very special player will be missed!

In case she doesn't come to the forums you all could change your names to "Will miss U baton"

Just a thought on how you could send a message in return. If you wanted to.

baton
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by baton on Oct 26, 14 4:40 AM
Hey....I am Baton...also known as Grandma #290846 ..thank you for all of your kind words....have many things in my inventory.. please ask.....be glad to help if I have it .....I am surprised at the people that even knew I was playing...you are in your living room...hitting your key board...do not realize who is out there and playing with you....I am surprised at the kind words...tears in eyes...Thanks a million...

Go to: