Has DM ended?

doofus09
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

Has DM ended?

[Post New]by doofus09 on Oct 21, 14 6:13 PM
No new chapters, no continued storyline, no new levels, no new achievements, no new attractions, no new walkers...

They are now recycling walkers (thanks, but I'm already maxed out on them!) and then they'll recycle christmas items next (yup have those, too!).

Sure, there's the occasional SH, a handful of new items and the latest maintenance opened up more land but there's no progression in the game. If I start a new manor, I would be playing the same game again!

Is this it for DM?

Edited on 10/21/2014 at 6:38:02 PM PST

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

Re:Has DM ended?

[Post New]by moosetracker on Oct 21, 14 6:31 PM
I think they stopped creating new chapters because they are too busy defacing all the old scenes.. Maybe once all the scenes look like they were created by a kindergartener then they can create a new chapter by Crayola..

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Oct 21, 14 6:35 PM
moosetracker wrote:I think they stopped creating new chapters because they are too busy defacing all the old scenes.. Maybe once all the scenes look like they were created by a kindergartener then they can create a new chapter by Crayola..

...and we will play why?????

doofus09
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by doofus09 on Oct 21, 14 6:42 PM
Because we are fools, and we still have foolish hope...

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Oct 21, 14 6:48 PM
doofus09 wrote:Because we are fools, and we still have foolish hope...

I think we have optimistic hopes, that we are foolishly holding onto...as the proof is in the pudding....I'm sad.

_G4il_
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,426 Posts

[Post New]by _G4il_ on Oct 21, 14 7:20 PM
I'm torn between letting it die slowly, or ripping it off like a band-aid.

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Oct 21, 14 7:28 PM
_G4il_ wrote:I'm torn between letting it die slowly, or ripping it off like a band-aid.

Exactly...we are all in this limbo....But we all have our limits...only we know that...

xshoshin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
415 Posts

[Post New]by xshoshin on Oct 21, 14 9:08 PM
Gail, I'm with you...can't decide whether to just let it die or, like you said, rip it off quickly like a band aid. I had cleared the whole middle out to make a maze, but given all the ugly that's happened in the past month and discovering what a pain it is trying to redecorate just a little section at a time (not to mention I hate the new placement system) -- I just said eff it. Instead, I put my heart on my sleeve in a message to right there on my mansion grounds... Wish I could post pictures of it here.

xshoshin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
415 Posts

[Post New]by xshoshin on Oct 21, 14 9:10 PM
And I think the answer to the subject question is yes, yes it has.

_G4il_
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,426 Posts

[Post New]by _G4il_ on Oct 21, 14 9:33 PM
xshoshin wrote:Gail, I'm with you...can't decide whether to just let it die or, like you said, rip it off quickly like a band aid. I had cleared the whole middle out to make a maze, but given all the ugly that's happened in the past month and discovering what a pain it is trying to redecorate just a little section at a time (not to mention I hate the new placement system) -- I just said eff it. Instead, I put my heart on my sleeve in a message to right there on my mansion grounds... Wish I could post pictures of it here.

Hi, J,

I feel your pain about re-decorating. I'd love to see your message. You can take a screenshot and upload it to a-site-that-shall-not-be-named. It's soooo easy. Then just copy the 'path' when you're done, and PM it to me, if you would, please. I sent you the path to the site.

LaReinaGitana
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,007 Posts

[Post New]by LaReinaGitana on Oct 21, 14 9:44 PM
Not with a bang, but a whimper.

pupinio
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by pupinio on Oct 21, 14 9:50 PM
Does anyone know if there is a way to send my resources to neighbours before I pull the plug and cancel my subscription. I would hate to just abandon if I could give it away to someone who wants them. After all, I did pay for them, not just with earned money but with real money too. Sadly, Amaranta Manor and the aptly named Casa La Ching Gada (it wouldn't let me name it without tinkering with the spelling cuz it's a "bad word") will be closing for good. All of the things that made me spend are gone, the last straw is the promised monthly TH with zodiac statues, so I will go and spend my money elsewhere.

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Oct 21, 14 9:59 PM
pupinio wrote:Does anyone know if there is a way to send my resources to neighbours before I pull the plug and cancel my subscription. I would hate to just abandon if I could give it away to someone who wants them. After all, I did pay for them, not just with earned money but with real money too. Sadly, Amaranta Manor and the aptly named Casa La Ching Gada (it wouldn't let me name it without tinkering with the spelling cuz it's a "bad word") will be closing for good. All of the things that made me spend are gone, the last straw is the promised monthly TH with zodiac statues, so I will go and spend my money elsewhere.

I have no insider information, but you might want to hang on until Halloween - just in case there is a Scavenger Hunt.

LaReinaGitana
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,007 Posts

[Post New]by LaReinaGitana on Oct 21, 14 10:51 PM
How in the bloody blue blazes can they do a Scavenger Hunt when nobody knows -- STILL -- which players have which versions of which scenes after which update?

When I quit playing last week, I had the original Gypsy Tshilaba scene. I never have seen the changed one. The "Terrible Ten" update came and went and in its wake I still had the original scene. I'll wager that I'm not the only one. I'll wager that it's not the only discrepancy.

Were I you, I would not hold my breath waiting for a Halloween Scavenger Hunt.

You're liable to turn purple and die.

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Oct 21, 14 11:24 PM
Optimism was never my strong suit. Thanks for the costume idea!

LaReinaGitana
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,007 Posts

[Post New]by LaReinaGitana on Oct 21, 14 11:37 PM
You're welcome!

xshoshin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
415 Posts

[Post New]by xshoshin on Oct 21, 14 11:44 PM
_G4il_ wrote:
I feel your pain about re-decorating. I'd love to see your message. You can take a screenshot and upload it to a-site-that-shall-not-be-named. It's soooo easy. Then just copy the 'path' when you're done, and PM it to me, if you would, please. I sent you the path to the site.

Done...it's not very nice but it was fun to do

[Post New]by Perlenfischerin on Oct 22, 14 1:28 AM
Does anybody know about any other game like DM, where they have wonderfully complicated, threedimensional, really hidden hidden scenes like they used to have here before the change.? I have about fifty other adventure HO games, most of them are kindergarten stuff, too, few exceptions....
And,I am trying to do the maze but hoe do I make a screen shot, when DM always says comeback we miss you, and where do I upload and picture to? To the youknowwho site and do I have to have a unicorn?
Pleeeeeease tell me anybody, do, auntieee,do..............weeeeeeeeeeee

_G4il_
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,426 Posts

[Post New]by _G4il_ on Oct 22, 14 3:49 AM
You upload your screenshots (day and night view) to Facebook as a Reply to the contest announcement. And no...you don't have to have a unicorn! Haha!!

LaReinaGitana
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,007 Posts

[Post New]by LaReinaGitana on Oct 22, 14 10:43 AM
Hello, Perlenfischerin,

Check your private messages.

Regards,
LaReinaGitana

Go to: