bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Risen Dragons forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 22, 14 12:29 AM
Welcome to Risen Dragons forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Risen Dragons players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

gink99
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Welcome to Risen Dragons forum

[Post New]by gink99 on Oct 23, 14 10:47 AM
Hi so far I have been enjoying the game & like that it is a mix not just tower defense (although I love tower defense games).

One thing I am having trouble with that maybe someone can help with. On some of the levels I notice that I can't reach the rocks or other items that will give extra cash when playing a level. I have tried putting the dragon on the foot print areas & on towers but it still can't reach the extra rocks & items.One of the islands I notice there is not any way to get the extra rocks is level 3 on the upper right side of the screen. I can' only get one of the rock groups but not the rest. When I try it just says move the dragon close to get the items but there are not any footprints or place to put towers that are close enough to reach the rocks & stuff in the pine trees.

Is there another way to get to the rocks & items other than the footprints & having the dragon on the towers?

Thanks!

Edited on 10/23/2014 at 10:58:51 AM PST

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Oct 23, 14 9:04 PM
If you have the red dragon, its magic (the stone) can break rocks if you use it close to them.
Otherwise, as the dragon gains experience during a level, its reach will expand.
Meaning that a dragon with level 3 experience (while playing) will reach rocks further away. So when your dragon's experience goes up while playing, try going back to rocks.

(In the very early levels this is not really practical, as they are so short. The dragon will only gain level experience by attacking enemies, and in the early levels the attack waves and number of enemies are not so high as to gain more than one or two levels.)

gink99
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by gink99 on Oct 24, 14 11:18 AM
Thanks! I also found that when I was using a different dragon with that level I could clear a spot that the dragon could then stand on but you you are right in the early levels it doesn't really matter.
Right now I am working on getting stars & leveling up so I can move forward in the game.

[Post New]by geogirl1963 on Oct 26, 14 12:12 AM
You can also use the firebook. Set the blast off as close as you can to the rocks. You can also use them to blow up the minor monster dens. The blue Dragon's whirl wind set off by the rocks works as well.

gink99
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by gink99 on Oct 26, 14 12:30 PM
Oh Thanks I never thought to use the firebook on rocks or monster dens! I did get the glitch of the blue bird so I had to start a new game but I am almost caught back up to where i was before I got the glitch.

The cloud islands that you need to use the blue dragon (I think it is the blue one) for I have not been able to complete either one yet. So any helpful hints for them would be great.

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Oct 26, 14 1:40 PM
Hello gink99

Yes the firebook is very useful. Even in the Laboratory, doing the M3, you can use it if you have a troublesome reagent you just can't get. Just click on the symbol for the firebook in the bottom left, then click on the reagent you want to target.

Regarding the blue islands, I don't remember having difficulties with the first one at all. But I did use firebooks and the potion that speeds up the dragon's firebreath. It doesn't have any spots for towers, so you must rely on your dragon and your potions/magic.

The second island was a bit trickier, as you only have access to 1 spot for towers.

Playing several times, I tried each tower in turn, and finally had success with the Cannon upgraded to max - that is to the Dwarf Artillery with all upgrades. This has great reach, and will also target monsters that are circling the vortex. Another good thing is that the Dwarf Artillery apparently does not count as "magic", so it is effective on those blasted dark-green poison-drops (the ones that split into three normal poison-drops when hit by magic).

I used the Energy Jar potion in the beginning to get energy quickly to build the Cannon.
In the later stages of this level you earn enough Energy from killing enemies without needing to use it on upgrades, so you can store some of that excess energy back into jars.
When your energy reaches above 1000, a Jar will pop up bottom right. If you click on it you transfer 1000 energy into a jar for later use (it will only give 200 back but is very valuable in later levels).
You can also purchase Energy Jars in the store.

gink99
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by gink99 on Oct 26, 14 2:36 PM
Thanks for the info bluestar. I am heading back in game now & I will use your suggestions.

It worked! I got the second island with the cannon you suggested. I still have not beat the first cloud island yet. Since you can't use any towers I have not found the best way to win but I am sure in time I will.

Edited on 10/27/2014 at 8:32:39 AM PST

Go to: