bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Nancy Drew: The Silent Spy here! (old)

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Oct 22, 14 5:51 AM
Hi there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 07/17/2017 at 5:11:10 PM PST

mistygem
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Nancy Drew: The Silent Spy here!

[Post New]by mistygem on Oct 22, 14 9:37 PM
This game will not install. I haven't had any issues with other games in years, but this one will not properly download and install. It starts up the Game Manager, but nothing happens. I use a PC.

[Post New]by julzt02 on Oct 23, 14 8:31 PM
mistygem wrote:This game will not install. I haven't had any issues with other games in years, but this one will not properly download and install. It starts up the Game Manager, but nothing happens. I use a PC.

I have the same problem.

[Post New]by Geener_Weener on Oct 23, 14 11:27 PM
I have downloaded and installed the game up to 99%. Then the Direct X came up to install. It didn't work. It just closed. Then my game manager shows that it is completely installed. So....I clicked on the play button and the game doesn't launch. I've never had a problem with any other Nancy Drew games. They are my favorite of any and all games so I really hope to have this resolved.

My pc is running Windows 7 Professional

[Post New]by Lramos on Oct 24, 14 10:19 AM
First - I've never had issues with Nancy Drew Games
Running Windows 7

Purchased the game, re installed it twice, same error popup:

"Cannot find import, DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version
File "blink2w32.dll", error 126"

Help! Or refund please ASAP

[Post New]by sonicflood132 on Oct 24, 14 10:38 AM
I am having the same problem - this game will not even start to download! I have never had this problem with any other game and in fact downloaded 2 other games today with no problem.

merrymaids
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by merrymaids on Oct 25, 14 11:03 PM
Same here. game refuses to install. I purchased it and downloaded the first part. but then I hit "run" and nothing! What the heck? I have never had a problem with games downloading before

mistygem
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by mistygem on Oct 27, 14 11:55 AM
Bumping this. This either needs some attention from staff or some refunds/credits handed out ASAP. It's been nearly a week with no response or attention.

[Post New]by Mystress1 on Oct 27, 14 1:57 PM
The game downloads fine but it stops the install at 99 says it can't find the game

[Post New]by marigold2012 on Oct 27, 14 6:06 PM
I played the trial version ,and then decided to buy it. Is there any way to retrieve the game I played? I don't think it gave an option during the trial to save. Now with the purchase,I need to start all over again.

[Post New]by MissArcher on Oct 28, 14 8:29 PM
It loads just beautifully on my Mac but I have no option for a cursor at all. Cannot launch the game because I can't point at the option for New Game. I cleaned out my memory just in case, but still no dice. I have no idea what the game is like because I totally can't play it.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Oct 30, 14 4:53 PM
Hey there,

I'm really sorry to see how many of you are having trouble with downloading and installing the game! I would highly recommend checking out the help article below for some possible first steps:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If those steps don't help, or if you're experiencing a different type of issue, please contact Tech Support HERE with a Dr. Felix Report, and our Reps will be more than happy to help out

bfgVaiya

pandab10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by pandab10 on Oct 31, 14 4:32 PM
After I get the laser pointer everone disappears except Ewan. The walk thru says to talk to Alex but he is nowhere to be found

[Post New]by beaudaciousdldy on Nov 13, 14 8:38 AM
I don't like to buy before I try and this is why. The game opens with a black screen and the inventory at the bottom. the audio gives one line and then it stops. This is my second nancy drew from bfg. the first the lost tomb of the queen works ok. I also have several dvd's of her games and they work fine on my XP. I'm going to try to DL into the herinteractive game manager and see what happens. if not then I will ask for refund.

karen

[Post New]by AkerTree on Jan 10, 15 6:56 AM
I too had issues with downloaded, installing, and activating my purchased game. After much trial and error I uninstalled/reinstalled the BF Game Manager, resigned in, and it worked fine.

However, now my problem is I can't save or go to Main Menu to quit. I get a pop up that says RunTime has another way of trying to close the program and it crashes. I am stuck starting over and over after being forced to hide in the closet. I guess I will try playing the game non stop without trying to save and see what happens.

Edited on 01/10/2015 at 6:57:28 AM PST

Bridgelady
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by Bridgelady on Mar 24, 15 12:02 PM
My screen keeps flipping to something I saved and completed. When I click main menu I get the screen I am working on (the wires). When I try to pick up a wire the screen flips to "Try Again" which I completed. Is this a glitch?

Go to: