bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Nancy Drew: The Silent Spy here!

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Oct 22, 14 5:51 AM
Hey there Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Nancy Drew: The Silent Spy here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Nancy Drew: The Silent Spy.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

Edited on 11/05/2014 at 10:08:19 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Nancy Drew: The Silent Spy here!

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Oct 22, 14 1:02 PM
How is it possible I'm the first review on Nancy Drew games? I know I'm not alone in loving this series. I don't even have to try it...I know I'm going to love it! I'm a huge fan of this Series!!!!

You can check out the game on Nancy Drew's Web Site...to see if you like it. Also You Tube show videos. This series is considered large file or adventure type games. I love them. So at least check out videos and other sites to see if you like this type of game.

But, I think alot of people are missing out...on knowing about it...because it's been released as a soft game today. It should have been TGT.

I'm so happy and I'm sure my fellow Nancy Drew Lover's are also! ENJOY!

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Oct 22, 14 2:17 PM
Thank you LovetoMissLisa. I did not realize this would be released today. I an still playing their new game just released two weeks ago (for their special members - like "moi) and it is difficult so it is gonna take me some time to finish that one.

The newest one is not as good as the one offered here - so if you are going to play any of them -PLAY THIS ONE! IT IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE LATEST OFFERING ABOUT GREECE. I play BF games to fill in the time to think about my next step on their puzzles. I am not particularly fond of the dev's newest offering.

I LOVED P;LAYING THIS GAME! This is an adventure sleuthing game. IT IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE NANCY DREW GAMES!!!! This game goes back in time to tell the story of Nancy's mother and her involvement in the "spy" game. Nancy's mother died when she was little and was raised principally by her dad, an attorney. You will be traveling to Europe in this game - Ireland - to get information concerning Nancy's mother. Many of us always wondered what happened to her mother and this game explains it. It is SUCH A GOOD GAME!

You will the choice between playing as an Amateur or Senior detective. The game will introduce you to numerous characters and through conversations you will try to deduce the culprit. The game has decent puzzles and an excellent storyline. You meet some interesting characters throughout the game - some involved in some pretty shady business concerning the governments of two countries. You also get to play all types of games in addition to those in the game. I would highly recommend this game. As Miss Lisa has stated - You Tube will provide a strategy guide for you for the Senior Detective version of the game.

As a Nancy Drew club member in good standing, I would be remiss not to advise you to PLAY THIS GAME. IT IS A REAL STEAL AT THE PRICE! I HAD TO PLAY MUCH MORE TO PURCHASE THIS GAME! IT IS A LARGE GAME AND VERY COOL!

IT'S UP TO YOU AND NANCY DREW!

Edited on 10/22/2014 at 2:20:19 PM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Oct 22, 14 2:29 PM

Edited on 10/26/2014 at 4:01:22 PM PST

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Oct 22, 14 10:54 PM
i knew that i had been holding onto that credit for something... and when i saw the new title, i went ballistic! it was definitely an OMG moment... i went directly to buy, did not pass Go, and used my credit to DL this latest installment which i am thoroughly enjoying!!

first, i have to say that i love the setting and the reason for nancy going on this latest adventure... it opens the door for tons of back story and a new understanding of why our girl sleuth is who she is... and scotland is a territory of as many different landscapes and people as there questions in nancy's mind... it makes for some wonderful scenery, tasty treats, and lovely music!

then there's the cast of characters she gets to interact with... the enigmatic alec, the boisterous bridget, the elusive evan, and moira, both mothering and blistering... much like carson drew, who we discover had no idea his daughter was planning a venture overseas... ouch!

and making money in this game is actually fun! there are the intermittent twinkles that will lead you to a coin here and there as we've seen in captive curse and trail of the twister... but the money maker is COOKIES! who doesn't love cookies? trust me - it's easier than packing bento AND it puts coins in your pocket... LOTS of coins if you keep at it!

the topper for me was the rustic cabin that suddenly changed into a high-tech fortress with the help of a television set! it was one of those 'whoa' moments

anyway, i am totally happy with my purchase and am having the time of my life tonight!!

happy spying

Atardecer
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Atardecer on Oct 25, 14 4:21 PM
At last!!!!!! I love all Nancy Drew games. All of them are awesome!!!!! It took a long time to for another great game. Hope they will keep coming!!!
Anyway, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!!
These games are getting better and better. VERY GOOD GAME PEOPLE!!!!!

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on Oct 25, 14 7:58 PM

Edited on 10/26/2014 at 4:02:07 PM PST

[Post New]by fifelass on Oct 31, 14 9:03 PM
Loving the game but as a Scot the Scottish accents on the game are terrible, I know most of the accents around Scotland and never heard one like theirs...lol.

Geckohead
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Geckohead on Nov 5, 14 8:31 PM
I am one of those who spent the extra money to get the game early from their site.
I have all the ND games. Some from here, some in the box from E bay. What I will tell you is to not bother with this one. It is so boring, so ghastly, so dull that the Nancy in the "Secret of the Old of the Clock" would've just driven off the bridge. I will not, next time, be wasting my money (almost 30 bucks) on the newest version. when without much ado I can just get it here with a credit or two. I don't know what happened to the creators but they lack ANY sort of imagination. I would most undoubtedly NOT recommend you wasting your credit on this poor, poor excuse for a "game".

otogo
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by otogo on Nov 24, 14 2:40 PM
Love most Nancy Drew Games...story line is great, but finding myself so lost with what to do next and with the puzzles in this game, that it has minimized my enjoyment, not even sure I'll finish. Continually looking at u tube and other hint walkthroughs to move on. Can appreciate the creativity, but losing interest rapidly. Nice that others are enjoying it though.

IvvyM
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by IvvyM on Dec 2, 14 11:43 AM
I'm with otogo on this- Have tried & re tried, checked hints WT etc. Certain 'items, links' just don't seem to appear. - just can't crack it - so frustrating. I 've spent so much time trying- I think now 'time' to throw in the towel!

KathyPW11
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by KathyPW11 on Dec 30, 14 11:05 PM
I just started the game tonight, and so far, I am unimpressed. This is my first "Nancy Drew" game, and there was no in-game introduction/training. I'm on the "Amateur Sleuth" setting, but I see no hints option. I'm just kind of wandering around. I was instructed to go some place, but the instructions were so fast, I didn't get it down, nor is it written in my "journal" or as a message on my in-game cell phone, so I am stuck. Plus, I don't have enough money to buy a ticket to anywhere. I'll try it again, later, or maybe I'll just go to another game, one that has hints.

[Post New]by Kitsune90 on Mar 4, 15 2:23 PM
Becoming very frustrated with this tedious game. It's no fun when I'm continually stuck with no idea how to proceed. Story seems to be all over the place. I can't keep track of where I've been or where I have to go, no way to jump to a location, lots of back and forth. I was looking forward to this game, but now I'm just tired!

Go to: