I lost my progress

kimbalion3
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

I lost my progress

[Post New]by kimbalion3 on Oct 22, 14 6:27 PM
OK, so after the update we just had I lost progress. I had FINALLY made it to the next level and now it is gone!!!!!!!!! This is really frustrating!! It took me all day to finish the level. Now I am only partway through. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR...............

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
812 Posts

Re:I lost my progress

[Post New]by gtminer on Oct 22, 14 6:39 PM
Me too, Kim. All my progress from today is gone including 5,000 coin & 2 unique stamps. Lucky me to have had a marathon play day on the day of an update that didn't save progress before it kicked us all off. It's very discouraging considering the effort & snails pace it takes to play this game and advance. I don't like to complain, but my heart is just sick.

MaryM1980
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by MaryM1980 on Oct 22, 14 6:45 PM
Mine too! Very upset about this, I had finally finished some tasks that took forever and got through one whole set of them not to mention all the money, gems, and advancements on top of that. Not happy about this at all!

[Post New]by llaurelwreath on Oct 22, 14 7:03 PM
It's been suggested that all players log in and out of the game several times a day if you are making any progress. I myself starting getting up to stretch my legs after an hour or so and stretch and rest my cramping wrist, due to what I've been seeing about lost progress I close out my game everytime. It wasn't nice of them to not give us notice though of the maintenance and update.

MaryM1980
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by MaryM1980 on Oct 22, 14 7:17 PM
No offense to you llaurelwreath, but, I think it is stupid for them to require us to log in and out all day long to save our progress. It should be up to the game designers and updaters to make sure that doesn't happen. This may be a "free" game, but, the only reason they have them is because they know people will eventually spend money on them. I expect more from them I guess.

[Post New]by llaurelwreath on Oct 22, 14 7:23 PM
no offense taken but until they fix that glitch it's the best solution I can find to prevent major loss.

[Post New]by FishyFlyTyer on Oct 22, 14 8:02 PM
I too lost my progress for the day however on hold at level 44 and just doing the rounds for coin and inventory I suppose I'm lucky didn't lose progress, just went back to where I started this morning. I had only managed to do 1 & 1/2 rounds, between helping change tires and following the news from Ottawa not much time to play today.

Avill BC/Can

Edited on 10/22/2014 at 8:02:50 PM PST

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Oct 22, 14 9:19 PM
llaurelwreath wrote:It's been suggested that all players log in and out of the game several times a day if you are making any progress.

Suggested where and by whom?

This should be in a warning IN THE GAME,
maybe the same place that rewards you with the daily bonus.

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Oct 22, 14 9:41 PM
Sorry, I don't even see the option of signing-out of the game, just "exit".

I can stay signed-in or not in the forum, but somebody please walk me thru signing out of the game.

thanks in advance

Edited on 10/22/2014 at 9:43:41 PM PST

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Oct 22, 14 9:43 PM
susiewastaken wrote:
llaurelwreath wrote:It's been suggested that all players log in and out of the game several times a day if you are making any progress.

Suggested where and by whom?

I have suggested it...as it appears to be the way that it triggers the server save. I have suggested to the developers to add an in game save button, along with others. The developers have not bothered to tell us exactly how the game is saved on the server, but for players losing items a lot of the times this seems to happens when there is a disruption in their game play, meaning that it was not saved on the server. I was transferring a gift for a friend when my computer bumped me out of the game, I lost the gift, as I had opened it prior to getting bumped out, but I had not yet sent it forward. This was the only time I have ever lost anything, but then it was also the only time I got booted out of the game without signing out. I typically never stay in the game for more than 1 hour at a time, typically 30 minutes. Even while doing updates I have always logged out very frequently because I do not want to risk my progress not being saved on the server.

There has been a lot of reported loses of items lately and the Developers should give us all detailed information about how this game is stored and saved. We as players have the right to know exactly how this game is set up on the server, and how it is protected and saved!

Again I have suggested this as a way to help protect your progress...you dont have to do it...there are no rules saying you have to...but I am always a better save than sorry type of person. Tazruby also has very good instructions for you to save your files that are on your computer to help prevent losing your game, however this does not seem to prevent lose from internet disruptions or improper sever saves. Hence why I sign out frequently.

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Oct 22, 14 9:44 PM
My guess would be clicking the gear, exit game and the OK button.

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Oct 22, 14 9:45 PM
so simply 'exiting' is the same as logging out?
I do that.
Most of the time.

Edited on 10/22/2014 at 9:47:36 PM PST

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Oct 22, 14 9:53 PM
ok, now I see the "log out" at the top of the BF app, when the game closes.
I usually just x the app or move it to my task bar.

Now logged-out properly.
(mourning all the progress of a day off, waaaaaaah)

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Oct 22, 14 10:05 PM
susiewastaken wrote:

I agree, or they could do it the same way they advise a tournament is starting.
They seem to be able to control that message from their end of the game.

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Oct 22, 14 10:06 PM
I have never lost any progress and I never log out of the game manager / app. I wouldn't see that would be a problem in the past or now.

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Oct 22, 14 10:14 PM
tazruby2000 wrote:I have never lost any progress and I never log out of the game manager / app. I wouldn't see that would be a problem in the past or now.

I never sign out of the Game Manager either...I am talking about actually exiting the game itself. Yes by clicking on the little gear at the top right corner and then verifying that you want to leave the game.

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Oct 22, 14 11:43 PM
I have lost 3 pages of inventory and over 100,000 coins and I am NOT HAPPY about that. Hours of hard work just gone!

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
812 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Oct 22, 14 11:56 PM
So sorry to hear that Cynththemoler.

What level are you and did you lose a level as well?

I can't imagine losing so much. My heart goes out to you.

[Post New]by Celsius100 on Oct 22, 14 11:57 PM
Same here. Finally made it to the next level, only to find that after the latest update I had to do it all over again. Also lost a lot of money, inventory-items have disappeared and even the gifts I received are no longer there.
A few more updates and I'll be back to square 1........
This s*cks.

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Oct 23, 14 12:16 AM
Thanks gtminer I had got to level 44 and had been circling gathering inventory and coins ready for this next update; now all wiped out and I just found 6 Golden Chests have gone too I had got to 64 and now am back to 58! So upsetting! Still level 44 but have lost the heart to go on at the moment!

Go to: