Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The 13 Keys Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 23, 14 1:05 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 10/23/2014 at 6:08:06 AM PST

oasis53
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The 13 Keys Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by oasis53 on Oct 23, 14 1:35 AM
anyone else having trouble downloading??? or is it just my pc...gets to "validating" then fails..

catspaws
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The 13 Keys Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by catspaws on Oct 23, 14 1:58 AM
Mine's downloading ok,but the game menu screen seems too big for my screen,for instance,when i'm choosing the difficulty options,it won't let me get to the "ok" or the red cross to close it,so i can''t get into the game.i had to use the windows key to get out of it,which is a shame,because the little bit i saw looked good

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Oct 23, 14 2:00 AM
oasis53 wrote:anyone else having trouble downloading??? or is it just my pc...gets to "validating" then fails..

A bit slower than usual, but the Mac version downloaded & installed just fine. Perhaps you ought to try again!
Enjoyed the demo, just wish it wasn't so expensive!

pearls10
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by pearls10 on Oct 23, 14 2:21 AM
oasis53 wrote:anyone else having trouble downloading??? or is it just my pc...gets to "validating" then fails..

Had same problem,(I'm using windows vista) but it eventually downloaded.Then,I'm assuming near the end of the game, the screen went black but unlike normal it kept this until I CONTROL/ALT/DELETE.
Looks like it might be a bit glitchy for me,will wait to see how it works for others.

2dogsx2
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by 2dogsx2 on Oct 23, 14 3:47 AM
WHY DO I BOTHER! another game that wont load, so over it, maybe **** is looking good atm

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by glb613 on Oct 23, 14 4:15 AM
Vista is a very old operating system. It's no wonder you are having problems. These games are graphic intensive and you need a powerful processor and good graphic card to play them without problems. You also need plenty of RAM.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Oct 23, 14 4:32 AM
glb613 wrote:Vista is a very old operating system. It's no wonder you are having problems. These games are graphic intensive and you need a powerful processor and good graphic card to play them without problems. You also need plenty of RAM.

Why would using Vista be the problem? Up until April I had Vista and I can assure you it made no difference to whether or not I could play certain games. My PC is at least 8 years old and has no trouble running these games, mainly because it has been given more RAM and a newer graphics card (and Win7, which I didn't really want but it got done anyway). Having Vista was never a problem and some on here are still using XP with no issues!

As you said, it's the graphics card, processor and RAM that make the difference. The OS is simply the user-friendly face of a PC.

tinatoerat
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by tinatoerat on Oct 23, 14 5:24 AM
How can a game get past Beta testing like this?

In the initial scene with the taxi, the woman seated (sobbing) in the taxi was alternately there and not there each time I entered. Clicking in the area elicited hte same message each time.

The game also crashed twice as it tried to write profile file copies. Don't know why, I have enough disk space and am an admin of my system. (This seems to be a feature of Elefun Games).

After the first crash, and until the end of the demo the map was visible but no longer clickable. Definitely made the game harder (or use of hte hint button more frequent).

If not for a non-functioning map and frequent crashes it would be a great game.

This is on a Windows 7 system.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Oct 23, 14 5:34 AM
Catspaws.

You said you couldn't get to the ok button to click on it, this has happened to me a lot, if you go into your setting, and change your screen resolution, to a smaller setting, ( I use 1024X768 than the game will be playable, and you can get to those needed options, in the game menu.

Hope this helps you, it has allowed me to play a lot more games, once I figured it out.
Happy gaming

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by mamachi on Oct 23, 14 5:38 AM
The map function dont Work.

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Oct 23, 14 6:07 AM
'Morning Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

sollys
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by sollys on Oct 23, 14 7:56 AM
I had no problem playing the demo. Good game.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Oct 23, 14 8:09 AM
I was about a half hour into the demo when I got a fatal error. I'm sorry--I tried to copy the entire fatal error message, but I could not. The entire game shut down and was useless thereafter.

I wasn't surprised--there have been so MANY glitchy games lately--but I was deeply disappointed. It was a great game until that happened. I suppose it's better that it happened during the demo than after I'd bought the game, though.

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Oct 23, 14 10:39 AM
played about 2 hours into the game..I'm at the backyard where the scarecrow is. I opened the sparkles to play the hidden object scene and there are three objects, the tomato in the can, the fork on the hat, and the binoculars around his shoulders that it will NOT let me get and therefore, I am stuck and cannot progress. ERGG...already bought the game but we need a patch already!!!

operating system: XP

Edited on 10/23/2014 at 10:40:52 AM PST

Tacy8
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

game bug glass box

[Post New]by Tacy8 on Oct 23, 14 10:47 AM
almost to end of game. glass box can't be brought out of inventory. everything else works fine in the game and in inventory. Other people having the same problem. Using windows 7 home premium.

Morgana33
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Morgana33 on Oct 23, 14 10:56 AM
After reading some of the posts I have installed this game on two different systems. I thought I would try it out on my ageing laptop which has amd dual core cpu bog standard integrated amd 3000 graphics, 3gig ram, 500gig hdd. The game appears to run fine with no glitches so far.
My normal desktop system also appears to run this game fine, but this should as its a gaming computer.
Both these systems are running windows 7 laptop 32bit and Desktop 64bit.
The only thing I can think of that could cause some of the issues people are having is maybe it hasn't downloaded properly. Mine took forever the first time.

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Oct 23, 14 12:39 PM
Game was working fine until I was in room 13 as the reporter & the spirits took over the room when my screen went black. I could hear the music but that's all. So I did a ctl, alt, del & restarted the game. After that the game was back on track.

catspaws
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by catspaws on Oct 23, 14 1:20 PM
Thank you,Quarlesqueen,i;ll try that

waVcraZd
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,052 Posts

game bug glass box

[Post New]by waVcraZd on Oct 23, 14 1:22 PM
Tacy8 wrote:almost to end of game. glass box can't be brought out of inventory. everything else works fine in the game and in inventory. Other people having the same problem. Using windows 7 home premium.

Same problem here. Uninstalled-reinstalled, still no glass box.

Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit

Go to: