FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

Update Oct 22nd - ***SPOILER ALERT***

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Oct 23, 14 2:24 PM
I know some players finished way before me but nobody has posted the costs and so on. Hopefully they can add to this post because I’m not good at keeping a record.

I was so excited, for example, that I didn’t note the first cost to open the new area on the map!

I’ll just say that you’ll complete 1611 quests and reach Level 50.

The costs to open things are:

HOS: 8,000 (I think…. the rest are correct I think)
ZZ: 9,000
HOS: 9,000
ZZ: 9,200
HOS: 8,000
ZZ: 8,500
New area at Level 47: 20,000
HOS: 9,000
ZZ: 8,000
ZZ: 10,000
ZZ: 8,000

I’m hoping I got that right!

Lots of crafting and towards the end of course, 3 of each.

I’m UK and didn’t start until 11AM GMT Oct 23rd. Took me almost 12 hours but I had LOTS of coffee breaks and 2 little dog walk breaks as I really didn’t want to rush

Towards the end the items needed come from the new HOS, so I had to wait for the recharge. Don’t be like me, play those scenes slowly

There are 24 visits to the binding egg.

Cost in total: I went in with just over 1,417,000 coins and finished with just over 1,137,000. Of course, one earns coins along the way and I did do one full round of HOS to pass the time and sent 2 airships.

Because I had all those coins I had a great inventory and it didn’t let me down

I’m sure players much better than me at describing will add to this

Oops, forgot to mention stamps. As a silly billy I forgot to take note of how many Unique stamps I had but I'm guesstimating you'll need about 40, so not too bad, and maybe about 500 Plain stamps.

Edited on 10/23/2014 at 2:37:34 PM PST

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

Re:Update Oct 22nd - ***SPOILER ALERT***

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Oct 23, 14 2:58 PM
Thanks Fudge..........I like knowing what is coming..........I do NOT have enough coins for example, so I will have to take it slow and do more HOS rounds. That's OK.......kinda the nature of the game.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Oct 23, 14 3:05 PM
It is Susie
I like to know too and missed Bedazzles posting, I mainly like to know how many quests are left.
Because it was such a long time since the last update this is the first one I've been really well prepared for, it was so stress free. it might have been same old same old but I enjoyed it and tomorrow I'll be doing my rounds again and this time with 50 HOS I'm loving the new scenes

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Oct 23, 14 3:22 PM
Thanks for the information, FudgeChi

Glad to see you are still a millionaire

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Oct 23, 14 3:29 PM
Thanks! FudgeChi! I am sorry they put lots of 3's back in but I just got to level 45 and am happy for the moment not have to do two and threes of the same item...they really need to eliminate that from all of them. Crafting one item at a time is more than enough. The other way is just plain tedious and takes the fun out of the game. I also have a pet peeve with having to go to the same area within an item twice in order to craft it but that's a whole other story.

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Oct 23, 14 3:31 PM
FudgeChi wrote:It is Susie
I like to know too and missed Bedazzles posting, I mainly like to know how many quests are left.
Because it was such a long time since the last update this is the first one I've been really well prepared for, it was so stress free. it might have been same old same old but I enjoyed it and tomorrow I'll be doing my rounds again and this time with 50 HOS I'm loving the new scenes

You did great FudgeChi!!! You got the first area cost right as well...even with the excitement! I will admit your coin stash puts my to shame(I didnt do much searching over the last week because I had over 700,000 coins and figured I would take a break)...I did finish the update last night, but opted not to post about it, but I am very glad you did. So much of the postings last night was so negative and players quitting and upset over many things that I felt the last thing most of them wanted to see was my post on what to expect.

I think this was a great and much needed update for us players who have been building since the last one. I love the new areas too....there is one in particular that I just love love going in spoiler...highlight if you want to see it:

I just love the Tree Hole, those cute bunnies make me not even want to find the items, except for the Praying Mantis which I posted about a Praying Mantis in the Tattoo thread someone start a while back...

Thanks again for posting about the update and I want to Thank the Devs for giving us the new places. Looking forward to many more updates to come...yes believe it or not there are players out there that do the rounds and still love this game even after months and months of playing! Cheers to all

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Oct 23, 14 3:47 PM
I really appreciate those who post a list or summary of what's need in each update.

I can't play 10+ rounds of HO's each day, but having a check list of some sort telling me what things will cost, how many stamps I'll need, what objects I'll be crafting, etc allows me to play smarter and more efficiently, at least, it feels like it.

So a big thanks to those who keep track of these things and share them.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Oct 23, 14 3:52 PM
Aww, thank Bedazzles. I couldn't believe it when I woke up to an update here in the UK and no Bedazzles post.
It was funny, it was my birthday yesterday, Oct 22nd, and I said to my bestest friend all I wanted was an update. I got one but they forgot I was UK

Of course what with celebrating last night ( ) and waking up to it I just forgot to take note but I'm so pleased I got things mostly right

Yep, I agree, and so do many others, we still love doing the rounds and I adore all the new HOS, especially the one you say to highlight. TOOOOO cute for words! But all are spectacular. The new HOS are always the thing that keep me going.

I do think players like to know what's coming so don't dare stop posting again Bedazzles

It is the longest time I've ever spent on a FTP game (I'm counting the ones I used to play on FB in this), yep, FTP games that continue on and on always have glitches but they are fantastic, especially this one.

Thanks Devs and BFG for the months and months of fun. <- (me on my beer last night )

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Oct 23, 14 3:52 PM
I know I've had enough of the tedium. I'm a type that likes to be mentally challenged and I surprise myself for hanging in this long I still have to admire the beauty and artistic excellence in this game.

That being said: I totally agree with you Bedazzles that one was my absolute FAVORITE too. Best one yet !

Spoiler - highlight for visibility:
*** Just makes you want to pet and love on them they are soooo cute. Did anyone notice that the knights appearence has changed. New armor and his hair is different. I think I like the old version of hair and face, but like the new armor very much. Pretty dashing. ***

Silver Hawk

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Oct 23, 14 3:54 PM
I was a long time typing, TiramaSue. It really does help to know what's coming. I know that because I wasn't always so prepared in the past.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Oct 23, 14 3:57 PM
Ooo, I can't keep up! Silver, I am the most unobservant player EVER! If I don't have to click it to clear it then I see nothing!!! I'll look at what you mention tomorrow

It is a beautiful game and for me it keeps my reflexes sharp which is what keeps me going. For my mental challenge stuff I do cryptic crosswords but I do know what you mean silver. I'll miss you as will everyone else and don't dare stop coming to the forum

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Oct 23, 14 3:58 PM
govegril wrote:Thanks for the information, FudgeChi

Glad to see you are still a millionaire

Thanks, gove My new rule to keep me going is never not to be a millionaire Can't be one in real life so this will have to do!

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Oct 23, 14 5:27 PM
Thank you FudgeChi, I also was waiting for Bedazzle's usual update.
After reading all the negatives being posted I felt the same as Bedazzle and realized why she held off.
I think there are many players such as we who do not post that enjoy doing the rounds and we should not be bemoaned for wanting to know what to expect in the upcoming levels. You and Bedazzle are a great resource to players who really like this game and accept it for what it is. You are both ahead of the curve and are able without giving spoilers a heads up on cost and which pieces of inventory will be most needed to build up.
A heartfelt Thank You to you both.
Lilabelle

kdreetz
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by kdreetz on Oct 23, 14 5:59 PM
How do you get over a million coins? Are you related to Mark Zuckerberg?

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Oct 24, 14 4:14 AM
Thank you, Lilabelle

Heh, kdreetz, no, I hate FB I just have a lot of time on my hands and enjoy playing the game over and over.

[Post New]by fabulaparva on Oct 24, 14 5:29 AM
Thank you so much for the update info! I'm nowhere near it, but I love spoilers and I'm now looking forward to those cute new HOS.

Lioula
Clownfish
Clownfish
686 Posts

Update Oct 22nd - ***SPOILER ALERT***

[Post New]by Lioula on Oct 24, 14 7:26 AM
FudgeChi wrote: .......
Lots of crafting and towards the end of course, 3 of each.

.............. There are 24 visits to the binding egg.

Wow, it will be a stress test ...

susielee
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by susielee on Oct 24, 14 8:32 AM
Fudge-chi and Bedazzles PLEASE tell me something. How in the world do you get so many coins?? I'm on level 45 and have struggled to get there and after starting the new update I now only have 49,000 coins. I've done HOS's till I'm going batty and send out the airships and collect the flowers as fast as they come. The only thing I don't have any pets other than the Griffin.......just haven't had the coins to craft one. Is this the key to getting so many coins? Please tell me. I'm sure the game would be more pleasant if it weren't a constant struggle to have enough coins.
Thanks for any help on the subject you feel free to offer!!
MSGirl

Lioula
Clownfish
Clownfish
686 Posts

[Post New]by Lioula on Oct 24, 14 8:50 AM
susielee wrote:Fudge-chi and Bedazzles PLEASE tell me something. How in the world do you get so many coins?? I'm on level 45 and have struggled to get there and after starting the new update I now only have 49,000 coins. I've done HOS's till I'm going batty and send out the airships and collect the flowers as fast as they come. The only thing I don't have any pets other than the Griffin.......just haven't had the coins to craft one. Is this the key to getting so many coins? Please tell me. I'm sure the game would be more pleasant if it weren't a constant struggle to have enough coins.
Thanks for any help on the subject you feel free to offer!!
MSGirl

susielee I am at the same situation as you but on lower level (35). I have never had more than 50,000 coins no matter how hard I try.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Oct 24, 14 8:50 AM
Hi susiell It's mostly through doing endless rounds of HOS, I was collecting pet food to get the gold chest achievement and did between 7 and 10 rounds per day. So that was 2,300 per round.
The pets do help though. If you can hatch the phoenix, piggy, tiger and hedgehog they would really benefit you. I usually only feed those 4. You're collecting pet food anyway on your rounds.
Also, we both started in January I think, so we've had lots of waits between updates so just carried on doing the rounds to build our coins and inventory up. This last update was a much longer time coming so I ended up with lots and lots of coins.

Go to: