rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

My Silver Fairy Solution

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Oct 23, 14 9:26 PM
I finally got it! Here's what I did. I noticed that whenever the game froze or crashed, if I tried to get the Silver Fairy after starting the game back up, clicking on her would cause a game freeze. I also observed that the flowers that you previously collected were back in the pictures you had originally gotten them from. Hmmm. Game freezes. Start Game back up. Flowers returned. Clicking on Silver Fairy freezes game.
So, I decided to start all over. Uninstalled, reinstalled, created new profile. Only this time I decided on a couple of strategy points. 1. Exit the game completely at points where I had noticed it freezing. For me it seemed to coincide with entering major new scenes. Like leaving the cottage area, going thru the gate into town. It's no harder than doing CAD. Exit the game periodically. This is a software product. Exiting saves your place and I would imagine it "refreshes". I did this until I got to the Blood Moon scene. Not a big deal. I would exit, wait about 30 seconds and start the game back up. I did not encounter one single freeze playing this way.
2. I did not bother to collect the flowers on the map to get the Bronze Fairy right away. I did not open the Journal once! Not once! I left it closed until I got to the Blood Moon scene. Once I got there, I knew that Blood Moon picture would be added to the journal, which also holds the 5th and Final flower. Once I was safely in the Blood Moon scene, I opened the journal and clicked on each of the pictures that contained the flowers, and clicked on each of the flowers. Then when I had them all lit underneath the icon or the Silver Fairy, I clicked on it. And there it was. She filled in, I clicked on her, then I had her.
3. I then went to the map, clicked on the flowers there and obtained the Bronze fairy. After that, I went to the menu, checked my Achievements, and the fairies were there. That's when I obtained the Gold Fairy. To be safe, once I saw everything was there, I exited the game once more. Waited a few seconds, started the game back up and that was it! I played the remainder with no more issues.

It might sound like a pain to Exit periodically, but it really wasn't a big deal. It worked for me. Maybe it will work for others.

I know it's something we shouldn't have to do. I strongly feel a Fix should have been offered by the Developers. But since there hasn't been one by now, there probably won't be one.

Hope this helps!

Re:My Silver Fairy Solution

[Post New]by CherylParker on Oct 24, 14 3:11 AM
Same thing happened to me with the silver fairy. Flowers kept going back in the diary. When I clicked on the Fairy game froze. ETC...
So I started over. Deleted my profile.
I waited to get to the part where the blood moon is entered in the diary before I started collecting the flowers. That's it. Didn't have to uninstall and reinstall. I didn't have to leave the game.
However it did freeze up on me once. Where you have to make the flower wreath for the Swamp God.

I haven't played the bonus chapter yet. So I don't know if it will freeze up.

The point is DON'T try to get the flowers from the diary until all five are there. Then get them all at the same time one by one.

Edited on 10/24/2014 at 3:13:21 AM PST

Re:My Silver Fairy Solution

[Post New]by snowbaby_76 on Feb 24, 15 2:22 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, I FOLLOWED YOUR DIRECTIONS AND WAS ABLE TO GET THE SILVER FAIRY. EVEN THOUGH I HAD TO RESTART ABOUT MY 7TH TIME IT WAS WORTH IT. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE TIPS!!!

Go to: