The throne room

[Post New]by MtnGirl51 on Oct 24, 14 5:20 PM
I am stuck in the throne room. I have colored the torches and the hand is on the top of the throne but I can't get past this point. Any suggestions?

handyfr
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Re:The throne room

[Post New]by handyfr on Oct 28, 14 1:04 PM
I'm stuck in the same place! Hint keeps opening the journal page!

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Oct 28, 14 7:46 PM
Ditto. Same here. Please help. Except when I went through to make sure I colored all the torches, I only counted 11.

Wonderful Game. A REAL challenge.

Linda.

Edited on 10/28/2014 at 7:48:41 PM PST

azrt
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by azrt on Oct 29, 14 12:03 PM

I am wondering if I colored the torches incorrectly. Keep getting the Journal when I click on hints. Won't let me change any of them but then should the paints still be available?

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Oct 29, 14 12:34 PM
azrt wrote:
I am wondering if I colored the torches incorrectly. Keep getting the Journal when I click on hints. Won't let me change any of them but then should the paints still be available?

I wondered that too, but when I hovered over each one, it's correct if you don't get the gears icon.

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Oct 29, 14 12:50 PM
EUREKA!! I found that I had missed coloring one of the torches. Look carefully and make sure you have 12 torches colored.

On my way.
Linda.

azrt
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by azrt on Oct 29, 14 3:08 PM
Oh I am jealous! Have been back over the torches several times and there was one that I got the gears on and changed. I got all excited thinking I had cracked it but STILL getting the colors and the guide coming up when I hit hint. Don't think I have counted to 12 so many times since first learning to count ! I really hate that labyrinth now. Sigh.

[Post New]by sfinx64 on Nov 2, 14 2:05 AM
Playing for several hours, but still no solution, which colour with which torche?

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Nov 5, 14 6:04 AM
sfinx64 wrote:Playing for several hours, but still no solution, which colour with which torche?

That's my problem, too! Is it the correct color if the torch goes out? I am clueless!

tempeasu
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by tempeasu on Nov 7, 14 8:30 AM
the reason the journal keeps popping up is because one or more of the torches is not the right color. I had to keep going back and forth several times to get all the torches the correct color. when you click on a torch and see gears, the color is wrong. since all of the rooms look the same, you might think that you checked them all. when all of the torches are the right color, the game advances, and you receive a item called 'red color'. hope this helps.

kilmeny21
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by kilmeny21 on Nov 7, 14 2:34 PM
Well I've received the item call 'red color'. The water stopped coming out of the skulls mouths and there is light beams going upward. Yet when I click on the skulls it keeps saying there must be a way to stop the water. Having watched the video walk through of this section think my game is stuck.

tempeasu
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by tempeasu on Nov 7, 14 4:11 PM
do you have the mirror shards? if you do, put them in the right side of the tree.

tempeasu
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by tempeasu on Nov 7, 14 4:12 PM
oh, and if you have the spoon, use it on the other skull.

tempeasu
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by tempeasu on Nov 7, 14 4:16 PM
just finished this game today, no hand holding on this one. will help if you want.

kilmeny21
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by kilmeny21 on Nov 8, 14 5:47 AM
tempeasu wrote:do you have the mirror shards? if you do, put them in the right side of the tree.

Yes I have the shards. What tree? The throne thing? If so the problem is that I can't put them in place. I think because the game still thinks water is coming out of the skulls mouth.

kilmeny21
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by kilmeny21 on Nov 8, 14 5:48 AM
tempeasu wrote:oh, and if you have the spoon, use it on the other skull.

And I have the spoon but the skull on the other side of the room isn't active either.

kilmeny21
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by kilmeny21 on Nov 8, 14 5:58 AM
Figured it out. Had to mess with the dang hand on the throne first. Now I can place the items on the skulls.

Man played the whole thing over again I was so sure it had glitched somehow....grrr...oh well.

[Post New]by annsant on Nov 20, 14 8:44 AM
Thanks Linda for suggesting that I count the torches. You are correct! There are 12 torches and all must be lit in the correct colors. Didn't make much sense of the key provided in the throne room so I just used all the paints until the gear symbol was no longer visible(meaning the color was correct). Once I got all twelve lit the I got only the red paint pot and was directed quickly to the throne room where all the faucets were automatically turned off. Whewwwww! Sweated this game for sure. It was fun after that. Finished! Tada!!!!!

Go to: