Cinders31
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

Hey Game Developers..guess what?!

[Post New]by Cinders31 on Oct 25, 14 5:49 PM
Making quests harder is not a problem, your lack of imagination on HOW to make them harder is.
Come on... requiring 2 of the same item and needing 6 of the same item to gather all the other items in order to craft 4 of the same thing is not harder... it is MONOTONOUS!
I know, I know, you are trying to get us to buy your little purple jewels to skip over all these gatherings etc but for me, that is not gonna happen... you know why??

Because you just keep doing the same shtick over and over and over... you make a good game but you can't keep the same people playing because of the BOREDOM you create at the same time.

Oh sure, it is fine for you... you get some people's money and there are always new people starting the game to quit a few months later so what do you care?

I just know that if I had a game company and a hit game, (which obviously brings in money because you do keep doing the updates) I would have an employee scouring the forums to see what players are saying. With all of the complaints that are posted on this site alone... you have lots of ideas to work with on making the game fresh for those who have played a long time.. If it was my company and my game, I sure would look at those complaints and suggestions and talk to the staff on things to improve the playing. So, why aren't you?

Buffysue
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

Re:Hey Game Developers..guess what?!

[Post New]by Buffysue on Oct 25, 14 6:30 PM
Well said Cinders!

Fishpole
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Fishpole on Oct 25, 14 7:08 PM
I don't know what 'Level' you are on.....and yes....I too am bored, tired, and fed up with going to the same areas like the 'Binding Egg', 'Chained Chest' and the 'Flag' over and over again.....BUT I have just tried a different mind set if you will and look upon it as a way of building my coins up while doing the 'tasks' at hand.

In all fairness to the Developers of this game it must be difficult to keep a game of this magnitude going while incorporating fresh content and new ideas, ironing out the 'glitches' and trying to make sure that everything runs right!

They have to open up 'new scenes' and at the same time make sure that inventory collected from previous scenes can be used. It all has to tie in together some how.

Maybe as we go along the 'newer' crafting areas will be utilized more and then we'll be complaining about shortages of items & the tedium of having to do those.

I don't think that it is their intention to 'force' anyone to buy diamonds or coins. Those that will, will do so anyway. And those that are dead set against it just won't!

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Oct 25, 14 7:32 PM
Fishpole wrote:

I don't think that it is their intention to 'force' anyone to buy diamonds or coins.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

When you get to Level 44 and need 250,000 coins to get to level 50, it will be a hard way to go without making purchases. (How many HOS is that? Do the math.) As was stated the other day, and I agree, the game is here to make money. How could they offer it otherwise? The developers and Big Fish are businesses, and therefore I choose to support them with purchases. The real question is how much is fair for what we are getting in return?

[Post New]by DecipherWarlord on Oct 25, 14 7:43 PM
Fair? No such word in business.

Their gold coin rate is ridiculous, I mean, it's VIRTUAL gold and they are greedy about it as well! If they would offer much more for the same prices, I guarantee they would see more purchases made.

Yes they want to make us buy gold and diamonds (On the other hand the tournament helps for the latter) in order to break the monotony of the game, they've always done this.

Oh and you think there isn't anyone scouting the forums? What do you think the modos are here for? They interfere now and then, but their main job is to scout what we say, but they have no real power in terms of gameplay.

Fishpole
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Fishpole on Oct 25, 14 7:53 PM
NoFishToday wrote:
Fishpole wrote:

I don't think that it is their intention to 'force' anyone to buy diamonds or coins.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

When you get to Level 44 and need 250,000 coins to get to level 50, it will be a hard way to go without making purchases. (How many HOS is that? Do the math.) As was stated the other day, and I agree, the game is here to make money. How could they offer it otherwise? The developers and Big Fish are businesses, and therefore I choose to support them with purchases. The real question is how much is fair for what we are getting in return?

When put that way I see your point. And I DO agree that it is a business and that people do need to get paid..so I too make a purchase with each new update. But you are NOT required to do so to 'play' the game.

And at Level 44 and going into Level 45 are you 'suddenly' required to have $250,000 coins? Or is that what you will spend in completing the 6 Levels?

As for what you get in return....it is all relevant. IF you enjoy the game (and many, like myself) have played for 10 months for a very nominal cost (if not for free) then I personally would say.....Yes....it is worth it!

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Oct 25, 14 8:39 PM
Fishpole, It is my understanding that the reason so many long time players are throwing in the towel is the ridiculous cost of going from Level 44 to 50 being the straw that broke the camel's back if you will. For many, all of their inventory is wiped out after months and months of playing.

I am on Level 35, and so far have spent upwards of 40,000 coin, and am only halfway through it. I have played round after round of HOS, fed my pets as many times as I could, sent the airship as many times as I could, AND cashed in everything I have of value that I have worked so hard to accumulate, as well as using some purchased diamonds. So, I don't know the true cost of those 6 levels (44-50), but in another thread the number 250k was stated.

I agree with you also, DW, however I WAS fortunate enough to work for many years for a very fair business. Maybe some of the businesses today should go back to the 1980's and read "In Search of Excellence".

I think in the end most agree that whether we pay or whether we don't we'd just like to see some of the imbalances in this game addressed and stop getting nothing but empty promises from the mods. Seems to me, that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. As a business owner, I know that it is much easier to retain a good client than it is to find a new one. After all, ALL of us are playing because we enjoy the game, however IMO, I think it is sorely lacking in many areas.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Oct 25, 14 8:47 PM
Cinders31 - I'm with you!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Oct 26, 14 12:32 AM
It really depends on your playing style.

If you are in rush to finish a quest or level up, then you might feel some pressure to use diamonds.
The new tournaments are a good way to get some free ones by the way

I used to play so much in between updates i had load of coins and inventory but I don't do that so much anymore- I am happy to turtle along from update to update now, I play other games inbetween- do rounds if i need coins, if i have to wait for hog recharge just close the game and go and do or play something else for an 1hr, come back and it is surprising how it all comes together and a lot less stress free than wanting to rush along.

I am up to level 47 and will plod through to level 50 without worrying about

(i never used to be that way and used to play urgently to finish the update )

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Oct 26, 14 1:12 AM
govegril wrote:It really depends on your playing style.

If you are in rush to finish a quest or level up, then you might feel some pressure to use diamonds.
The new tournaments are a good way to get some free ones by the way

I used to play so much in between updates i had load of coins and inventory but I don't do that so much anymore- I am happy to turtle along from update to update now, I play other games inbetween- do rounds if i need coins, if i have to wait for hog recharge just close the game and go and do or play something else for an 1hr, come back and it is surprising how it all comes together and a lot less stress free than wanting to rush along.

I am up to level 47 and will plod through to level 50 without worrying about

(i never used to be that way and used to play urgently to finish the update )

The point that Cinders31 was making has nothing to do with playing style, but everything to do with programming style.

The developers show very little interest in making the quests interesting, but they certainly make them repetitious and, therefore, monotonous and boring! By making them so dull, they obviously hope that many people will become frustrated enough to pay real for make-believe merchandise. They seem to be missing the point that more and more of the "older" (longer-playing) players are quitting and the new ones, having so few left to provide guidance and answers will quit after a short time. The way the game is set up and "works" at this point is a blueprint for failure.

Each update brings more glitches to compound previous ones which makes the game less reliable and, subsequently, less enjoyable. More of us are either playing a lot less or simply quitting entirely. I spend less than 20% of the time I originally did playing. I refuse to spend cash on the make-believe gold and diamonds because, among other things, not a week passes without people posting about being charged for purchases they did not receive.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Oct 26, 14 1:20 AM
thistle809 wrote:

The point that Cinders31 was making has nothing to do with playing style, but everything to do with programming style.

as far as i am concerned my playing style does indeed deal with the developers programming style.
As i am no longer in a rush, I no longer get perturbed about blessing pendants and bloody lotuses or crafting 3 of an item - in fact I embrace the opportunity to do rounds for coins.

At the end of the day you are doing same hog scenes, whether it is to make this or that- once I took that perspective my annoyance at the "programming multiple quests" went away and so did my use of diamonds

Edited on 10/26/2014 at 1:23:58 AM PST

Fishpole
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Fishpole on Oct 26, 14 2:54 AM
I`m afraid that I have to agree with govegril here.

It seems that EVERYTIME a `new` update comes out then the complaints come out....IN DROVES!

And always the same....about the high costs and the repetition! I remember back on Level 40 when I only had $300 and I just took down my `wish list`, stopped doing the quests and started in doing rounds and sending airships and doing the daily quests if they were to my benefit.

Before I knew it I had built up my coins AND my Inventory and was able to progress with the game again.

This is the nature of this game...it always has been.....doing endless rounds of HO scenes! So I really don`t understand all the complaints.

Back in the old Bow-Figurine days.....which a lot of the newer players are now spared....it cost us OVER $500,000 to get through Levels 21 - 23.

If one is bored with it....then stop playing. It`s as easy as that!

And as for the long time players quitting and not being available to help newer players there is a VERY concise guide written by some old timers that the Mods have `Locked` right at the top of the Forum. It contains ALL the information that they`ll need going forward and then some.

I hope that this will help put some perspective back into the game.

Edited on 10/26/2014 at 3:19:55 AM PST

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Oct 26, 14 7:58 AM
I really don't see how the repeated posted glitches, problems and concerns about the design of this game have anything to do with playing style, but I don't wish to argue. If some enjoy endless repetition for very little in return, good for them. I do not. I will just say that I agree with the original poster, and leave it at that. I too started a similar thread a few days ago that was "hi-jacked" by the same players that did it here. Co-incidence? I think not. So, if you are happy, why stir the pot when others are making a valid point? We are entitled to our opinions without having to do battle with other players. You could always start a new thread called "I think this game is perfect, warts and all" or something to that effect. I am pretty sure the handful of you will one day be the only ones left playing if things don't change.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Oct 26, 14 8:37 AM
NoFishToday wrote:I really don't see how the repeated posted glitches, problems and concerns about the design of this game have anything to do with playing style, but I don't wish to argue. If some enjoy endless repetition for very little in return, good for them. I do not. I will just say that I agree with the original poster, and leave it at that. I too started a similar thread a few days ago that was "hi-jacked" by the same players that did it here. Co-incidence? I think not. So, if you are happy, why stir the pot when others are making a valid point? We are entitled to our opinions without having to do battle with other players. You could always start a new thread called "I think this game is perfect, warts and all" or something to that effect. I am pretty sure the handful of you will one day be the only ones left playing if things don't change.

wow! First of all my post was not to battle but to encourage and suggest changing a way of playing and thinking about the game that might help- that worked for me and maybe it would work or help others frustrated with the game - as I once was!

The reported glitches etc have been there since the beginning of the game and I very much doubt anything will be fixed addressed, so the choice is to find a way to enjoy the game as is or throw in the towel...

If folks just want to post complaints and do not wish to hear suggestions or ways of helping them try to enjoy the game a bit more, I think it is them with the problem not those trying to add a more positive aspect to the mix.

Keep up your complaints by all means but don't put down folks just trying to assist others have a a bit more fun with it!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Oct 26, 14 8:51 AM
NoFishToday wrote:I I too started a similar thread a few days ago that was "hi-jacked" by the same players that did it here. Co-incidence? I think not.

is this your thread
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/299235.page

i did not post there and do not see see fishpole post there either
and even if we did..... WTH!

I see folks posting there trying to be encouraging which apparently upsets you - you want everyone to hate the game and never find a way to enjoy it.

Edited on 10/26/2014 at 8:51:45 AM PST

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Oct 26, 14 9:09 AM
I really do not want to argue, and I am sorry if I upset you govegirl. It is not that your suggestions to improve game enjoyment are not appreciated. I fully understand how to play the game and if your intent was to help, thank you. I am upset that so many long term players are leaving and I too have talked some "down from the ledge", so don't think I'm trying to drive people away, on the contrary. I just am trying to stop the mass exodus by appealing to the "powers that be", as I suspect others are doing. (Yes, that was my thread, and I believe some posts have been deleted.) Have a nice day.

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Oct 26, 14 9:18 AM
I am taking it slow as I was forced too. The update with the tournament feature added messed with the drop rate of the plain stamps / other stamps. I started this update with about 80 plain stamps. This update is better with the drop rate of the plain stamps but no where near before the whole tournament feature being added. It would be nice for them to start using more of the less used items in the inventory. The higher levels would be good to use the old Bow Figurine and Six Paws as they take some time to complete.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Oct 26, 14 9:28 AM
NoFishToday wrote:Ithat be", as I suspect others are doing. (Yes, that was my thread, and I believe some posts have been deleted.) Have a nice day.

are you now insinuating i posted there and deleted it?

honesty NoFishToday you do very much seem to want to argue and put folks down that do not agree with you- no matter how passive aggressive you are trying to portray yourself.

The game of MC is very basic, there is very little to do and expecting folks to stay long term is not realistic.
I have many games such as Sims, Civilization, Settlers that i pay a lot of money for- there is much to do in those games, a lot of substance but still after 6 months of playing it can get boring and time to walk away from the game for awhile and play something else.

As i said above we have to realilse things probably will not be fixed- we can make suggestions but that does not mean the developer has to do anything about them.
We can accept them or move on and maybe come back later.

A long term player or veteran or whatever name is no more important than any other player- and is no indication of anyones dedication or knowledge of any game-

If you have made friends and they are really truly your friends there are other ways to stay in touch with them if that is the concern as I see many post.
There is facebook, private forums even old fashioned email

I hope they fix the current glitch of folks losing progress that is crapola- but if they don't then too bad for them if they lose players- they know by now the problems there.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Oct 26, 14 9:38 AM
Eeek! Not the Bow figurine back please, taz! Please then would be seriously complaining as it took about 500,000 coins!

I was in NoFishToday's thread mentioned here. I didn't know I was "hi-jacking" it, I thought we could add to anyone's thread to try and give support or suggestions or saying we still like the game. I didn't know that was wrong.

I was shocked on reading what NoFish put about posts being deleted, gove, because that was an insinuations and totally untrue.

I'm still keeping in touch with my bestest friend who has stopped playing and I will with a few others should they stop.

Yes, we'd all like the glitches fixed but many have been there for a very long time. The urgent one now seems to be the loss of progress one and that's urgent.

Anyway, if I'm "hi-jacking" this thread so be it.

Edited on 10/27/2014 at 6:05:46 AM PST

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Oct 26, 14 10:00 AM
[quote=FudgeChi0

I'm still keeping in touch with my bestest friend who has stopped playing and I will with a few others should they stop.

aw that's great FudgeChi. I hope if either of us stop we also keep in touch, you have been a great help and support to me and I enjoyed our PM's

Yes lets hope they fix that lose progress thing- that is dire. I have also started to work around that in case I get hit and exit the game every 20 mins or so and cross fingers it is saved on server.

SInce developers wont fix then it's up to us to outsmart them

Go to: