Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Gizmos: Spooky Adventures here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Oct 27, 14 12:55 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 10/27/2014 at 5:41:22 AM PST

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Gizmos: Spooky Adventures here.

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Oct 27, 14 1:59 AM
Excellent little game.
The grids start with 10 x 10, but soon get to 15 x 15. I didn't finish the first page of 20 puzzles in the demo, so don't know when they get bigger. In the demo I encountered one jigsaw-puzzle.
You have a 'best time' to beat, which can be kind of hard, as you don't get many squares to fill at the edges.
The demo ended the game without saving, so I have to start all over again. But that gives me a chance to work on beating the best time .

Edited on 10/27/2014 at 5:17:01 AM PST

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Oct 27, 14 4:06 AM
This game is similar to Gizmos Riddle of the Universe, same developer, same layout. If you liked that one, you'll like this one too. It also has the jigsaw puzzles that pop up every now and again. I only played a few minutes but I liked the Halloween theme graphics better than the first Gizmos.

Based on playing the first Gizmos, these games require logic and not guessing and they have larger boards. The puzzles are very well designed to be challenging but not impossible and the game will take many hours to finish.

For me a bonus was that you can actually take away the voices on the story and read the text.

I highly recommend the Gizmos games.

(But I haven't finished playing Riddle of the Universe yet ... I need a holiday so I can catch up on my games!)

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Oct 27, 14 5:38 AM
I didn't know this was the second Gizmos, thank you for telling us Janette5
I bought it right away. The grids get large, and can be very challenging

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Oct 27, 14 5:42 AM
Good morning!

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Gizmos: Spooky Adventures here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Gizmos: Spooky Adventures.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

Edited on 11/05/2014 at 10:20:12 AM PST

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Oct 27, 14 8:06 AM
Enjoyed the first one, so only needed half of the demo to know
I wanted this one. Nice use for my ready-to-expire coupon.
Since I find some of the early boards a bit on the easy side,
I put a little more challenge in them by NOT marking the
empty squares as I play.

mylbos
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mylbos on Oct 27, 14 12:56 PM
I enjoy these games and assumed it would be an instant purchase-alas- the background was so invasive only played one puzzle - now off to erase it from my computer

Merkredy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Merkredy on Oct 27, 14 1:04 PM
Backgrounds could be disabled in Options.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Oct 27, 14 5:23 PM
This isn't a bad nanogram game, but I'm on the fence about purchasing it. The grids were really small on my computer screen. It is nice to be able to turn off the voices and remove the background. While I don't really care about the timer, I think that it's not necessary for this game since you do want to think about where you put the tiles.

jocarl17
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by jocarl17 on Nov 1, 14 10:32 AM
I love both of the Gizmos! I do not care about the story or the puzzles, but you can skip both, so they are not an issue. The voice and background are removable. The larger grids are a little small, especially on the first Gizmo.

All in all, if you like this kind of game, try it!

Go to: