Sulokitu
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Red Dragon Island #2

[Post New]by Sulokitu on Oct 27, 14 10:51 AM
Has anyone been able to beat this island? I get through the first ten levels with a completely upgraded Golem headquarters, then fail to beat the "summoner" in the last level. Any ideas?

Re:Red Dragon Island #2

[Post New]by MsRitz on Oct 27, 14 6:54 PM
I hate this board. I've finished the main story, got every collectable, unlocked every skill, awarded all but 4 trophies (the match 3 money ones, and the 100 battles), and I still can't figure out the trick for this one board.

I've also noticed that the game will randomly limit how far I can upgrade the tower each time I try this level. On most attempts I can only upgrade to the 2nd tier, but every once in a while I can upgrade to the 3rd tier.

I've tried using the Golem for the first 10 levels, then rebuilding with another tower for that last enemy. Poison arrows don't work, freeze arrows don't work, the dwarf fireworks or flame bombs don't work, neither combination of golems work. At most I can knock off half the summoner's health. And of course it's instant defeat if that last enemy even touches your portal.

So frustrated. Not sure if I want someone to post "this level was a joke, all you need to do is...", or if I'd prefer to find out there's a bug in the game.

Sulokitu
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Sulokitu on Oct 28, 14 8:59 AM
Thanks, MsRitz, for the reply.

I too have tried everything I can think of. The Golem on the first ten levels is definitely the way to go. Now if we could just figure out the magic combination for that last level!

Despite the game's glitches, I have really been enjoying playing it.

toxshock
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by toxshock on Oct 30, 14 12:55 AM
I had the same problems with this level. I have tried all types of combinations of tower, but it's always the same. On other level with the summoner you need a lot of towers to defeat him, it's hard to think that one tower and one dragon can defeat him. I think it's a bug.

Amegami
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Amegami on Oct 30, 14 3:58 AM
Hi there.

First of all we have to apologize. Battle 16 really looks unbeatable (at least we cannot . This happened to last minute cuts to Active skills and consumables, that happens to be a key for this level, but they was somewhat unstable.

Now we working for a update that change balance a bit, so this level will be possible to complete (but not wait for it to be easy .

Thanks for your interest with the game and understanding.

[Post New]by WOLF43080 on Nov 2, 14 3:11 PM
Most of the game is unstable the lab has major glitches that causes the game to crash repeatedly. The store is glitched if you buy fire books and energy regents it does not charge what there worth so you can buy through the store and then sell items through the warehouse and generate endless amounts of money and then buy endless amounts of consumables. Who releases a game to the consumer with an unbeatable level because the trick to it was buggy? This isn't a MMORPG that has to be beta tested by hundreds of people. You didn't fix the bugs before releasing it how retarted are you. On a whole I would say this game is pretty fail which is really to bad because the concept is great. I kinda want my money back.

Amegami
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Amegami on Nov 3, 14 2:02 AM
WOLF43080 wrote:Most of the game is unstable the lab has major glitches that causes the game to crash repeatedly. The store is glitched if you buy fire books and energy regents it does not charge what there worth so you can buy through the store and then sell items through the warehouse and generate endless amounts of money and then buy endless amounts of consumables. Who releases a game to the consumer with an unbeatable level because the trick to it was buggy? This isn't a MMORPG that has to be beta tested by hundreds of people. You didn't fix the bugs before releasing it how retarted are you. On a whole I would say this game is pretty fail which is really to bad because the concept is great. I kinda want my money back.

Issues addressing right now

mcf1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by mcf1 on Nov 5, 14 2:37 PM
Any info on when the bugs will be fixed? Feel a bit "taken" by such a buggy game. It is lots of fun, but...

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Nov 5, 14 9:37 PM
If Amegami is taking any notice. Some suggestions. Make sure each level, island is properly named on the game play area so that when people are asking for help they can clearly identify where they are having problems.

In the absence of a clearly defined method of progression, I started with the green dragon and advanced it as far as it could go. I went through each of the islands possible and reached the end with the message across the top, which annoyingly stays there. "After the enemy army commander was defeated ... etc"
This should not remain.
There were some islands that could only be reached by the red dragon or the Blue dragon. So I next used the red dragon.
The first one I reached I was defeated soundly. It is the one where there is only one tower location, and you get at least 5 Garbage Crabs. Now I could just defeat the first Garbage Crab using the Book of Fire as many times as I could, stone , improved ammo , Basket of Apples to increase rate of fire, but it was destroyed only at the entance to Terony. By that time 2 other Garbage Crabs were on their way and there was no chance of stopping either of them or the other 2+ that followed. Each one knocks 4 points off Terony so after 5 she is defeated.
I then wondered if the red dragon needed to go through each of the levels to build up experience as the XP was showing nothing. So I took it through the first 4 levels at expert level and on the fourth level it reached leve 6.
However this mad no difference to the number of experience points nor to the red dragon's ability to win at the level described above. So frustrated about being able to complete this game even on so called casual level.
Hint: when you have a so called Casual (Easy level), make sure that a win is possible for even the limited gameplayer.
If gamers in general perceive a game to be full of errors and unplayable this puts them off that gaming company and purchasing any later games.
So if the game is worth doing get it right.
Re the bug which allows store purchase and resell in warehouse to make a profit. DON'T TOUCH THAT!!! You have a game which is a strategy / tower defense game with some match three game included. Without the bug, one would have to spend so much time playing the match three game to build up Ammo, Books of Fire, Jar of Energy that the rest of the game would be meaningless. Get rid of the bird in the match three game it is causing so many problems .
I would like to see from Amegami a suggested

Amegami
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Amegami on Nov 6, 14 1:48 AM
unclepaul wrote: If Amegami is taking any notice. Some suggestions.

Yes we are taking notice.
unclepaul wrote: Make sure each level, island is properly named on the game play area so that when people are asking for help they can clearly identify where they are having problems.

It's a good idea. And they was named originally. But somehow happens, that localizer to english make then all the same (will address that). I could whine that it's their fault, but of course we are guilty. Here, and all other bugs is a lack of internal tests, and external tests proves to be not all that good (will address that .
unclepaul wrote: In the absence of a clearly defined method of progression, I started with the green dragon and advanced it as far as it could go. I went through each of the islands possible and reached the end with the message across the top, which annoyingly stays there. "After the enemy army commander was defeated ... etc"
This should not remain.

May be we should add some leveling info about Dragons to the Encyclopedia. May be we will.
For now: Player levels when experience is earned, not the dragon. Dragon upgrades only in skills book. And affected by some artifacts.
"Victorious" message. Well if it continue to bothers players we will thinks about it.
unclepaul wrote: So I next used the red dragon.
The first one I reached I was defeated soundly. It is the one where there is only one tower location, and you get at least 5 Garbage Crabs.

The battle you're mentioning originally had name "Battle 16/Lava island 2". It's 1 of 4 additional islands, which supposed to be bonus and completed only at "Expert", (there are message now "casual" which is really not true). (Secret: Garbage Crabs explodes when they come near any Golems, so mostly you just don't need to kill them, but in ver.1.0 it's still impossible to kill Wave 11. Sorry ).
unclepaul wrote: Re the bug which allows store purchase and resell in warehouse to make a profit.

We have to address that, but we decided to lower the prices in gold\reagents. And gold income from laboratory is greatly increased.

Thank you for having such a great interest in our game. We are really sorry that we don't have a full control of updating our game, but it takes time to test EACH new build of the game, so we will not have even more bugs than we fixed.

Thank you again.

Edited on 11/06/2014 at 2:07:17 AM PST

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Nov 6, 14 5:03 AM
THank you for responding Amegami, It is great to know that the game developers are following the progress of their game. That and your responses alone improve my respect for your company.

So from what you have said the main part of thegame can be completed with just the green dragon? Which begs the question why have the red and blue dragon.

Those bonus levels accessible only by a red dragon or a blue dragon, could be just made accessible by the green dragon once a certain level of islands is completed or a certain level of experience.

The large Dinosaur is a bit too strong at 1500 points on Island 6 or a bit too fast or both. Or at least I thought with a mix of towers, but if you have a lot of Scorpion towers then it gets defeated fairly quickly.

JUst tried the Golem against the Garbage Crab and it works a treat BUT you don't get the golem with the red dragon so I gather that some islands are meant to be easier with some dragons and not others? So you are meant to build up each dragon and use the most effective dragon for each island.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Nov 7, 14 1:00 AM
In Battle 16/Lava island 2 I have found it possible to destroy the Garbage Crabs. You don't have the advantage of a Golem with the Red Dragon.
If you make a Dwarfling and upgrade the trap to 3 with Special Ammo and apply the red dragon Ston stun after the Trap has finished, you can slow down the Crabs enough to kill them before they get out of the Dwarfling's range.
But then the Summoner with 35000 pts as has been admitted , makes the level impossible to win.
I have been able to get it down to about half way. You need another tower space, or two, and the Summoners points brought down tto about 20000 and it will still be difficult. Otherwise if keeping just one tower the Summoner's points need to be about 12000.

Amegami
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Amegami on Nov 7, 14 3:24 AM
unclepaul wrote: But then the Summoner with 35000 pts as has been admitted , makes the level impossible to win.

Yes it does. This will be addressed in some other way than you suggest. If you want spoiler i tell you how.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Nov 7, 14 3:46 AM
Have now finished the game a couple of times, but without that Battle 16/Lava island 2.
Looks like there is an opening for a number of other sequels in this saga. But they will need to be debugged a bit more and the game play made a bit smoother.
Currently you can set up 4 Dwarfling turrets advanced to the max and with the trapps and their fast rate of fire , they can just be left and will finish the game by themselves.
Game loses the appeal there.
I know in some other games the equivalent of Terony would have her hit points able to be increased.
The requirement of large amounts of stars can require say the completion of Islnd 1 say 20 times at Expert level to build up enough stars to get all the skills.
Also in some other games you needed to sell off some units to increase the power of turrets near a castle. So more a game of tactics rather than attrition.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Nov 7, 14 3:59 AM
In addition with some other tower games, some types of turrets are more effective against some monsters than others.

Currently the Dwarfling seems to be supreme so there is no real inclination to use others or a combination of turrets. And every moster seems to be possible on each island rather than special monsters for special types of islands.

eg The ice turrets (Ice Ballista) could be more effective against the Goblin in the wheel, freezing the bearings so it stops, whereas the dwarfling bounces off until it is stopped. This would then require an Ice Ballista and a Dwarfling to defeat the Goblin.
In the lava islands, perhaps the Ice turrets could be more effective against those special monsters that only appear on those islands.

This game has a lot of potential. Currently it does not appear to be too popular judging from the number of forum comments. which are still on the first page.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Nov 7, 14 5:07 AM
Some other tower games that have a graded tutorial and require a lot of strategy are:
Royal Defense
Royal Defense Ancient Menace
Royal Defense Invisibla Threat

Medieval Defenders
and Fort Defense although that last one was not my favorite as the last level was pretty much unwinnable and developed into a clickfest.

This is the problem with some games and game makers how to make a game interesting to the majority of players to appease the stronger players yet still allow the weaker players some degree of success. In some cases the challenge for the better players is to get a faster time rather than just win the level and game.
As well avoid Risen Dragons becoming just another match thre game. Players can get plenty of Match three games that are better. Risen Dragons match three game should not take the emphasis away from the strategy of play.

Amegami
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Amegami on Nov 7, 14 6:17 AM
unclepaul wrote: So from what you have said the main part of thegame can be completed with just the green dragon? Which begs the question why have the red and blue dragon.

Those bonus levels accessible only by a red dragon or a blue dragon, could be just made accessible by the green dragon once a certain level of islands is completed or a certain level of experience.

Those levels are kinda made for a certain dragon, with other dragons they'll be impassible.
unclepaul wrote: The large Dinosaur is a bit too strong at 1500 points on Island 6 or a bit too fast or both. Or at least I thought with a mix of towers, but if you have a lot of Scorpion towers then it gets defeated fairly quickly.

Quick tips: * Golems are best in groups of 2 as close points as possible, so when 1 is dead 2nd holds monster while 1st respawns. * Last upgrade for Ice turrets becomes available at this level, it's a good idea to put one with "Icing" skill, somewhere near enemy entry point. * Don't try to over-upgrade turrets, especially "Ice ones", it's costly and usually pay offs, when you already have enough firepower to use slow, stun and remove armor effects Tower provides. * Balance is the key, when you have to many Ice turrets\Golems and don't have firepower, you lose.

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Nov 7, 14 6:25 AM
unclepaul wrote:In Battle 16/Lava island 2 I have found it possible to destroy the Garbage Crabs. You don't have the advantage of a Golem with the Red Dragon.

I don't understand why not - I play this level and have no difficulties using a Golem, both types.
I found the Captain golem /Coordinator to be the better choice here, as he has an offensive weapon to use as well as close combat.
(I still cannot defeat the Summoner, but that is another issue...)

If you are not a victim of the glitch that makes researched skills/towers unavailable unless you click on the skills-button to view your skills-tree before entering an island, then I don't know what can be the problem.

Amegami
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Amegami on Nov 7, 14 6:28 AM
unclepaul wrote:As well avoid Risen Dragons becoming just another match thre game. Players can get plenty of Match three games that are better. Risen Dragons match three game should not take the emphasis away from the strategy of play.

Thank you, for all your thoughts you have decided to share with us. This means a lot for us. If we ever decide to create one more TD, we definitely invite you for tests .

[Post New]by sooski on Feb 11, 15 12:31 AM
Use the cannon and upgrade it on the fireworks side, upgrade till it's maxed out, use your dragon and firebooks/ dragon magic to get rid of all the small monsters, and the cannon gets the big ones.

Go to: